Pennsylvania Waiting Period?

PDA

SodiumBenzoate
April 1, 2004, 08:32 PM
Does Pennsylvania have a waiting period? I didn't know about this until I saw: http://www.firearmslawcenter.org/content/pennsylvania.asp#WaitingPeriods

No seller may deliver a firearm to a purchaser until at least 48 hours from the time the purchaser completes a purchase application. 18 Pa.C.S.A. ยง 6111.

So I guess we do, even though I always thought there wasn't one. Confirmation anyone?

If you enjoyed reading about "Pennsylvania Waiting Period?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Diggler
April 1, 2004, 09:59 PM
If you have a license to carry, you just have to get the instant check over the phone and can walk out with a handgun a few minutes later. You can buy other weapons immediately with or without a LTCF.

Not sure about handguns without a LTCF. But it's a good reason to get one, makes gun shows more rewarding if you can buy the pistols too.

Dave Markowitz
April 1, 2004, 10:02 PM
There is no longer a waiting period in PA. Current law requires a PICS (PA Insta-Check) background check, which as long as you pass, allows you to take the gun home that day.

IIRC, there formerly was a waiting period on handgun purchases in PA for non-CCW holders.

AAMOF, I just bought a S&W Model 625 tonight, and it's sitting right beside me.

SodiumBenzoate
April 1, 2004, 10:13 PM
There is no longer a waiting period in PA. Current law requires a PICS (PA Insta-Check) background check, which as long as you pass, allows you to take the gun home that day.

That makes A LOT more sense than a waiting period.

P95Carry
April 1, 2004, 10:18 PM
Certainly woulda been news to me!:p

dinosaur
April 2, 2004, 07:45 AM
When I first moved here in 1995 there was a 5 day waiting period. The deputy I spoke to told me the Sheriff wouldn't do a background check and made everyone who wanted to purchase a pistol get a LTC. Then came the Insta-check or whatever they call it. Imagine that, "You can't have a pistol unless you have a carry permit. Here's your permit." :cool:

If you enjoyed reading about "Pennsylvania Waiting Period?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!