.22lr MEGATHREAD

PDA

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7

Legionnaire
February 22, 2014, 10:33 PM
Picked up three 525 count boxes of Remington Golden Bullet .22LR today from a local guy liquidating his stockpile. $30 a box. I figured under six cents per round was pretty good given current scarcity. I'm happy.

If you enjoyed reading about ".22lr MEGATHREAD" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Fishbed77
February 22, 2014, 10:55 PM
I finally scored a single brick of CCI Blazer .22LR for sale locally yesterday. The first .22LR I've seen in a local store in EIGHT months. $50 for a brick. Oh well.

Rugerspyderon
February 22, 2014, 11:30 PM
Blazer is pretty good. My range almost always have Blazer by 50 box and Gemtech subsonic by box or brick. The bricks are $50.

Rugerspyderon
February 22, 2014, 11:43 PM
I had been out of luck finding 22lr for about six months (though I do have a modest stash) until I joined a new range and found they sell 2 boxes of 50 per visit-CCI Standard, blazer, federal and Gemtech. They range from $4-6 per box. They also allow purchase of bricks of Gemtech subsonic for $50. I have loaded upon the subsonic, as I recently got a suppressor. I pick up a small box every now and then when I plan to shoot 22lr there. I wish I could land 2-3 bricks of ammo at walmart again for like $28-30 but no luck lately.

Cee Zee
February 22, 2014, 11:50 PM
I was finding some .22 for a while but now I haven't seen any in months. Maybe it's just because I didn't like the prices so I quit looking. I have a decent stash so I'm hoping to wait things out. I have about 10,000 rounds I guess. It's really not that much considering how much I used to shoot. But I can go out and shoot 30 rounds or so fairly often and not worry too much. I've been able to find that much so I haven't really lost any ground I guess. But again I haven't found a lot the last couple of months.

Warp
February 23, 2014, 12:03 AM
I've sold more than I've bought.

I paid barely above the old prices for CCI Mini Mags and Standard Velocity from Gander Mountain awhile back (like, $.09 per round maybe? I don't remember really), I paid $0.045 per round for one box of Federal bulk at Walmart (only time I've seen .22lr at Walmart since 2012), and I paid whatever price the CMP was charging about a year ago for 5k of the Aguila gold eagle stuff.

BK
February 23, 2014, 12:06 AM
Bought 21,000 rounds for just under $800

I have another 15,000 rounds coming any day now for $583 or so.

BK
February 23, 2014, 12:11 AM
I picked up forty of the 525 count bricks of Federal 745 for just under $800.

I should be getting about 15,000 rounds of Federal 510 soon and that stuff cost me well under $600.

rooter
February 23, 2014, 12:37 AM
The first .22LR I've seen in a local store in EIGHT months

It has been hard to find.

I should be getting about 15,000 rounds of Federal 510 soon and that stuff cost me well under $600.

I'm not sure why, but I hear it's because some people are gluttonous.

javjacob
February 23, 2014, 01:01 AM
oh that's only what... 36,000 rounds? dang that's a good score! wish I could find a deal like that.

TennJed
February 23, 2014, 02:27 AM

where?

Legionnaire
February 23, 2014, 06:46 AM
That is a good score, BK! That would keep me going for a while ... :)

j1
February 23, 2014, 07:31 AM
Good for you. Now can you shoot any? I have to force myself to dig out my 10-22 and a couple of hicap mags and make some pretty music. It has been a long time. Thanks for the post.

SFreed
February 23, 2014, 07:56 AM
I'm up visiting my son in Northern Illinois. Walked into Wal-Mart and they had Blazers on the shelf. Didn't have a price on it, so I'm not sure what they were charging. Don't have a magical Illinois foid card so I can't buy ammo. Was nice to see it though.

RussB
February 23, 2014, 08:05 AM
I bought 2 bricks of Remington Std velocity Target 22LR yesterday at my LGS. They had a pallet load...I'll bet its all gone today!

RussB
February 23, 2014, 08:12 AM
My LGS had Federal 525 packs for $23.99. A pallet load sold out in a day

They had a pallet of Remington Std Velocity bricks yesterday for $39.99...I'll reckon they sold out as well

RussB
February 23, 2014, 08:13 AM

Nice score at $20 a brick! Could you share your source?

Warp
February 23, 2014, 08:24 AM
Nice score at $20 a brick! Could you share your source?

That is the ballpark of "bribed the Walmart employees" pricing

j1
February 23, 2014, 08:28 AM
The last 500 round brick I bought last week cost $25. One brick per person.

Midwest
February 23, 2014, 08:33 AM
$0 (I haven't found any)

bluekouki86
February 23, 2014, 08:36 AM
I don't look and I don't care. I refuse to fuel the feeding frenzy more than it already is.

I was chatting with a fellow at the range last week who was tickled to death about buying a brick for $75.....and didn't even own a .22. Talk about ridiculous.

Queen_of_Thunder
February 23, 2014, 08:37 AM
Well lets see if I can remember . Winchester 333 count @ $18, 555 @ $24, remington 525 @ $21.99, remington subsonic @ $6.99/100, mimi mags can't be had at any price because no one is getting any and the remington 1400 count buckets are $64.99.

RugerBob
February 23, 2014, 08:39 AM
Our local store KTP had bricks for $62 -$69 depending on velocity.
They also had buckets of remingtons with 1400 rnds for $79.
Didn't like the price, but picked up a bucket anyway. That was 2 weeks ago.
Won't pay $60 for a brick unless that becomes the norm over the next few years.

Potatohead
February 23, 2014, 08:45 AM
The LGS I frequent for reloading supplies has cci stingers for 8.99$
I'd imagine that's pretty high, I've never been in the market so I have no idea.

(no 22s n my collection..well, i guess you cant really call it a collection if you dont have any 22s)

Duckdog
February 23, 2014, 08:48 AM
I can see this is going turn into a "profiteering it great" post with bragging on how many rounds they have while some have none because they're sucking them all up. I also find it funny how those individuals can make sarcastic remarks, but when anyone else posts something to the contrary, it's not long and the post gets pulled or the tread gets locked. It's kind of getting to be the norm.

To the OP, I generally do not make a living out of scrounging them up, but I was in Walmart a few weeks ago and bought a 325 pack for just shy of $11. I'll use my Paco Kelly tool on them to change the nose and diameter a tad. It turns the cheap ammo into some pretty good shooting ammo.

berettaprofessor
February 23, 2014, 09:58 AM
You guys stock up with Remington all you want. :neener: I'll keep waiting.

340PD
February 23, 2014, 10:30 AM
I have been paying between 5-1/2-8/round including 7% sales tax, depending on brand for the last year or so. Mostly Walmart and local LGS. My supply has had interruptions but improvement is on the horizon.

Clippers
February 23, 2014, 10:37 AM
I see it for sale at $60-$70 a brick, but I don't buy it unless I can get it for less than $35 a brick. I don't need it that bad.

jrdolall
February 23, 2014, 10:52 AM
I have loaded up over the past month from Cabela's and all at less than $.06 per round delivered to my door. Several different manufacturers from Rem to Winchester to CCI. I have enough that I don't even check when I get an email alert right now.

I kind of like this delivery stuff. Since I can only buy one to three boxes at Walmart(assuming they actually had some which they never do when I am there) the $5 per brick delivery charge is less than I would pay in gas to fire up the truck and drive to Walmart.
If I add up all the 22 I have purchased form local sources since October of 2012 I find I have actually purchased....none. None of the big box guys have had a single box in stock when I looked and the local guys have been in that outrageous area of $60 or so for a brick.

bannockburn
February 23, 2014, 11:06 AM
Last brick I bought was $23.99, limit one brick per customer.

Inebriated
February 23, 2014, 11:13 AM
I have purchased exactly two boxes of .22LR in the last 14 months, both Remington Thunderbolt 500rd packs for $26 from my local FFL. Not bad, not great, but I haven't been in need of .22LR. I did my buying before the panic, I just wanted to give my FFL some money.

grimjaw
February 23, 2014, 11:14 AM
It's been almost three years since I bought .22LR (one year of that didn't really count, since I was overseas), and I can't remember what it was going for then.

vamo
February 23, 2014, 11:16 AM

My apologies if this is your normal buying habits, but gougers showing up at walmart first thing in the morning and relisting ammo on gunbroker is only a small part of the problem. Shooters buying way more 22lr than they normally would is also a huge reason why its so hard to find on store shelves. If we want the panic to end we need to all go back to our pre panic buying habits. I know its tempting if we see a fully stocked ammo section to take a couple extra boxes, but that behavior just contributes to the problem. Bottom line: you want things to go back to normal, then act normal.

Strahley
February 23, 2014, 11:22 AM
I came across two 225 packs of Remington Golden Bullets the other day for 11 a box at Walmart. I refuse to buy .22 for anything much more than that, as that's getting into centerfire handloading territory

Queen_of_Thunder
February 23, 2014, 11:36 AM
My apologies if this is your normal buying habits, but gougers showing up at walmart first thing in the morning and relisting ammo on gunbroker is only a small part of the problem. Shooters buying way more 22lr than they normally would is also a huge reason why its so hard to find on store shelves. If we want the panic to end we need to all go back to our pre panic buying habits. I know its tempting if we see a fully stocked ammo section to take a couple extra boxes, but that behavior just contributes to the problem. Bottom line: you want things to go back to normal, then act normal.
To go back to normal would mean position changes for politicians, changes in laws and doing something about all of the new gun owners. Or. We could just accept the new paradigm that was created by going from 80 million gun owners to 100 million gun owners in a very short time.

Inebriated
February 23, 2014, 11:39 AM
I came across two 225 packs of Remington Golden Bullets the other day for 11 a box at Walmart. I refuse to buy .22 for anything much more than that, as that's getting into centerfire handloading territory
How are you reloading for five cents per round?

Doc7
February 23, 2014, 11:41 AM
I got 8x50 rd boxes of CCI std for 5 a box on Friday night. I was ecstatic. He had 3 bricks and no limit but I wanted to leave some for the others, he had it on the shelf for two days so at least in the Poconos of PA demand may be slowing.

potmetal
February 23, 2014, 12:08 PM
I stopped at a gun store last week and they had bricks of .22 by the cash register for $69 each. They had some bricks of target .22 on the shelves at $79 each. I almost thought I was at a gun show.

basicblur
February 23, 2014, 12:11 PM
I'm buying only from Wal-Mart unless I run across something I've not tried, or some specialty ammo, but I'm still not going to pay exorbitant prices (OXYMORON ALERT! ). I used to bypass 22LR ammo if it wasn't what I was looking for, but with what I've seen develop over the last year (AFA ammo purchases), even if they don't have what I'm looking for, I don't walk out empty-handed (always run across actual shooters looking for ammo).

Prices are Wal-Mart and do not include tax.

From my records:
Federal 550 Value Pack $23.97
Winchester M*22 $50.87 (1K rds)
Winchester 555 $24.67
Winchester 333 $17.37
CCI Mini-Mags $ 7.47 (100 rds)
Federal AutoMatch $18.97 (these have disappeared)

Some other prices:
223 TulAmmo BrassMAXX $16.97 (50 rds.)
9mm TulAmmo BrassMAXX $22.97 (100 rd. cans)

vamo
February 23, 2014, 06:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vamo View Post
To go back to normal would mean position changes for politicians, changes in laws and doing something about all of the new gun owners. Or. We could just accept the new paradigm that was created by going from 80 million gun owners to 100 million gun owners in a very short time.

Sorry but this board is absolutely full of post with the bottom line of "I found 22 so I bought enough to last me and everyone I know a lifetime". If you want blame politicians for causing uninformed people to panic go ahead, but nothing new happened on the federal level and it was obvious to anyone with a basic understanding of how the government operates that nothing was going to happen the entire time.

To my knowledge there has not been a law passed by any state that has in anyway tighten the supply of 22lr ammo. People panicked and bought it all, that allowed opportunistic re-sellers to buy at the big box stores and sell for exorbitant prices, and gun owners contribute to the problem by over buying 22lr when they can find it.

My point is that it is completely off base to blame not being able to find and overpaying when you do find 22 ammunition on re-sellers and politicians. If everyone would just settle down and realize they don't have to buy enough 22 to see themselves into retirement RIGHT NOW then 22 would probably start returning to normal supply levels.

mrvco
February 23, 2014, 06:09 PM
Where is all the 22LR ammo? Estate sales.

jrdolall
February 23, 2014, 06:34 PM
...but nothing new happened on the federal level and it was obvious to anyone with a basic understanding of how the government operates that nothing was going to happen the entire time.

I think the use of the word "obvious" is a bit of a stretch. Ask the people in NY, CO and CA about "new laws" that have affected them. Any new law that affects the RKBA in one state is going to cause some issues in other states.

Those who got caught short and/or have not been able to re-supply seem to think everything would be back to "normal" if everyone else would just stop buying ALL the ammo. If those people had had the foresight to keep more than their normal annual usage on hand then they wouldn't be struggling with the ammo shortage. I for one had over 20k rounds on hand last November and got down to 14k rounds this Summer when we slowed down considerably because of the extended issue. I have since built back up to over 20k rounds of 22 again so I feel pretty good about my supply. I certainly don't apologize to people for having plenty to begin with and for having plenty again.

cowtownup
February 23, 2014, 06:46 PM
I'm so tired of hearing people complain about people complaining about people bragging about how many rounds of 22 LR they have... ha ha...

vamo
February 23, 2014, 06:50 PM
I think the use of the word "obvious" is a bit of a stretch. Ask the people in NY, CO and CA about "new laws" that have affected them. Any new law that affects the RKBA in one state is going to cause some issues in other states.

Those who got caught short and/or have not been able to re-supply seem to think everything would be back to "normal" if everyone else would just stop buying ALL the ammo. If those people had had the foresight to keep more than their normal annual usage on hand then they wouldn't be struggling with the ammo shortage. I for one had over 20k rounds on hand last November and got down to 14k rounds this Summer when we slowed down considerably because of the extended issue. I have since built back up to over 20k rounds of 22 again so I feel pretty good about my supply. I certainly don't apologize to people for having plenty to begin with and for having plenty again.

Well I said federal which was completely obvious, there weren't enough votes in a liberal leaning senate much less a very conservative house to tighten laws. But this is a thread about 22 prices and nothing was passed anywhere that justifies whats happened to the 22 supply. Its our own fault for all deciding at the same time that we absolutely NEED 22 RIGHT NOW.

Lets say I go through a brick of 22 per year. If I find 22 on the shelves of walmart tomorrow and buy 2 bricks (assuming I haven't bought 22 in the last year) then my personal demand has just doubled. If everyone that typically buys a single brick per year does the same thing that puts a huge strain on supply. What do you think happens when a bunch of people like the person I was responding to buys 36,000 rounds? And again my apologies if that's their normal buying habit.

HellTrain
February 23, 2014, 07:02 PM
Wal mart had cheap remington thunderbolts for $2.29 box of 50. And cci stinger for $5.99 box of 50. That's almost double what they were just a few years ago. Maybe I should start selling my stash that I've put together over the many years.

Arizona_Mike
February 23, 2014, 07:07 PM
Every brand seems to have their own pack size, 325, 333, 550 . . .
Can someone define "brick" for me?

Mike

Legionnaire
February 23, 2014, 07:23 PM
Usually, I consider a brick to be 500 rounds, or 10 boxes of 50.

Ky Larry
February 23, 2014, 07:55 PM
In the last 18 months I've found 3 50rnd boxes of Federal Lightnings at WallyWorld for $2.49 each, That's all I've seen for sale.

Am I considered a horder? I have 13,000 rnds of .22 lrs but I bought them before the current "shortage."I haven't sold any but I've been giving some to the Boy Scouts.

jrdolall
February 23, 2014, 08:05 PM
My habit is to keep one year's supply on hand for every round I shoot. By April of this year I was below that point because I was not willing to pay really high prices and was not able to resupply at what I considered reasonable. Now that ammo has come back in fairly good supply(excepting 22 and 380) I have built my inventories back up to a one year supply and bumped a couple of them up to a two year supply. With 22 I am back to a one year supply but would gladly move that item to a three year supply if I could find it in my price range. With 380 I am at about a two month supply because I have been unable to find FMJ range ammo at all and don't particularly care for reloads from internet companies.

22-rimfire
February 23, 2014, 08:12 PM
I have purchased one box of Winchester 100 ct HV since the Nov. 2012 election. I was in Walmart the other day and the manger told me they had gotten in two cases of Federal 550 ct bulk packs and they were gone by 11:00AM. He indicated they changed their box limit to a single box of 22LR and one other such as centerfire (vs 3). He seemed to think this would stop most of the lurkers first thing in the morning who re-sell the 22 ammo.

He indicated it was ONE BOX of 22 rimfire no matter what the round count was. So, if they had my preferred Federal Lightning (510B's) I could only buy a single 50 ct box.

Maybe I'll head over to Walmart a bit earlier just to see if there is any 22LR in a few days. I have a pretty substantial stash of 22LR that was purchased prior to Nov. 2012. I am not really hunting for 22 ammo and just react if I run onto it.

MedWheeler
February 23, 2014, 09:01 PM
What is "find it"? I don't follow..

Jaxondog
February 23, 2014, 10:45 PM
The last box of 22s that I bought were $8.00 for Federal, 550 rounds at Walmart. I believe the 10-22 mags for 30rounds were about the same. Been a long time and I still don't need any.

HammsBeer
February 23, 2014, 11:18 PM
Have to give the stores credit for "trying" to control the ammo situation by instituting box limits so everyone has a chance to get a little bit.

I've done my part by not buying .22 this past year when it's shown up on the shelf, and just shooting my own stash.

jcwit
February 23, 2014, 11:26 PM
Haven't bought any in years, no need to, have a lifetime supply for me at my age. I'm 70, 30 to 50 thousands rounds will more than likely last me.

22-rimfire
February 24, 2014, 12:18 AM
I think that may last you unless you start feeding the grand kids ammo when they visit.

I have a similar amount on hand, maybe a bit more. It is primarily promotional grade ammo versus the good stuff.

bldsmith
February 24, 2014, 12:18 AM
Last 400rd brick I bought was American Eagle HP. Payed 19.95 for the brick. There was 3 of us standing there. I asked for the AE's and one guy walked away. Still had some rem golds on the shelf. I even offered to let him have them. He graciously declined. Don't know why I bought them. Have plenty, don't shoot 22 all that much.

Impureclient
February 24, 2014, 12:52 AM
Don't know why I bought them. Have plenty, don't shoot 22 all that much.
I can't believe you even wrote that in a .22LR thread.

tuj
February 24, 2014, 01:22 AM
I know most people think of 22lr as plinking fun, but since cheap ammo is not available, but top-quality ammo is, now is the time to focus on tuning your rifles and shooting for accuracy. I get Tenex for $19 a box and it has always been available; the crisis never effected it because its expensive ammo. But its also probably the most accurate ammo on the market. If you decide to get some Tenex, get some from different lot numbers. Eley publishes the average speed for a lot as well, so try some different variations. Its rare that I can't find a gun that won't shoot its best when matched to a lot of Tenex.

Sadly, Eley Match typically shoots almost as good as Tenex for 13.70 a box, but it seems to be largely unavailable. This wasn't the case until recently.

Other good ammo's to try include:
Lapua Center-X. I sold a brick to a friend for $90.
Lapua Midas.
SK Pistol Match/Rifle Match.
RWS R50 / Federal Ultramatch UM22.

If you need a challenge, try shooting the USBR target at 50 yards. Dime-sized groups mean nothing; the 10-ring on the USBR target is only 0.1" across.

http://renkucorp.com/jf/pics/guns/USBR50_bullseye.jpg

If you don't have a USBR target, you can order some from http://www.pistoleer.com/shooting-targets/benchrest/

If you just want to try it, a 10-bull version is available to print out on 8.5x11" paper:
http://www.southpondcottages.com/metaleer/10Joe-.pdf
http://www.southpondcottages.com/metaleer/10Joe-BLACKa.pdf

Make sure you set the PDF scaling to 100% before you print.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v186/Joe_Haller/Targets/ScoringtheUSBRTarget1.jpg

DeadFlies
February 24, 2014, 07:33 AM
I bought three (limit) 50-round boxes of Blazer standard vel. For $2.49 yesterday at wal-mart. I look there frequently and they get .22 ammo about once a month but it's always random stuff: bulk packs one month, stingers the next.

But I probably make 5-10 trips to walmart for each time I find ammo.

Wal-mart never has ammo, not for long anyway, because it's still cheap there. Gander mountain almost always has some ammo because it's overpriced enough to prevent resellers from making any profit. Except on .22 ammo. Gander is still cheap enough and, shooters are still willing to overpay enough for some money to be made.

I buy everything I can find if it's less than about $.08/round and up to $.10/round for mini-mags.

I used to buy all the 9mm I could find but it has since become easy to find 9mm at prices under $.30/round. This is not cheap but it proves to me that supply and demand are working things out; I expect the same to happen with .22lr ammo sooner or later. We can't go back to the old days but, the current madness will end eventually and we'll all get used to paying $.075/round.

Shootings sports are expensive. Even with rimfires.

bracer
February 24, 2014, 09:01 AM
I v not purchased any rimfire ammo for the past two years. I have two bolt action 22 RF, one semi auto 22 RF , one 17 HM2 RF bolt action , and one 17 HMR RF bolt action rifles. I will only purchase the brand and type of hunting ammo which is accurate in each of my rifles. I m retired ,live in prairie dog country , and use up a lot of RF ammo. In the past whenever there was ammo my rifles liked were on sale I d get a case or two. So I still have some bricks of 500 ea cartridges on hand. A few years ago I kept track of the p dogs I shot with the rimfire rifles and it was a bit over 2,000. If I hit them 80 % of the time I shot it took about 2,500 rounds that year. Since plague and poison has reduces the p dog population its unlikely that I will ever have that much shooting in one year. This year I got a CZ Varmint 17 Hornet rifle . I only have five boxes of 25 ea rounds Hornady and box of brass which I will reload . So I will be using less RF ammo this year. Could be that I ll get by until after all the hoarders have what they wont.

Queen_of_Thunder
February 24, 2014, 09:04 AM
I think that may last you unless you start feeding the grand kids ammo when they visit.

I have a similar amount on hand, maybe a bit more. It is primarily promotional grade ammo versus the good stuff.
As someone feeding the sons and grandchildren 22lr from a distance jcwit's stockpile is not enough. I'm shipping another care package of 5,000 rounds of 22lr. My kids and grandkids are going to have to use slingshots as granny is gettig to old for this 22lr hunt.

jrdolall
February 24, 2014, 10:20 AM
Cabela's has it right now for $.065 per round delivered to your door. Winchester Wildcat 333 count I think. It'll probably be gone in 5 minutes.

oneounceload
February 24, 2014, 10:27 AM
Last time I bought some, at Gander of all places, it was $2.79/box of 50 with a limit of 10

alsaqr
February 24, 2014, 10:31 AM
i'm not buying any .22 ammo. Bought a few bricks soon after the new Lawton Academy store opened last summer. Have enough of it to last awhile

plmitch
February 24, 2014, 10:35 AM
We bought three bricks Saturday morning at the local shop, $50.00 each.

Newcatwalt
February 24, 2014, 11:16 AM
During the last year the only .22 LR ammo I've seen is so overpriced that all I can do is snarl and keep walking. I'm sitting pretty good because after Obama was reelected I stocked up on ammo because I had a feeling he was going to "stick it to us" in his second term and I didn't want him to interrupt my shooting. Sandy Hook was a complete surprise and encouraged me to stock even more before it all disappeared. Ammo is starting to come back, ever so slightly, in my area but it's still way overpriced. Only time will tell if the shortage is real or contrived to maintain high prices. We'll see....

Arkansas Paul
February 24, 2014, 11:22 AM
I bought five 50 round boxes at Bass Pro for $2.39 recently.
I would not pay over about $25-$28 for a 550 pack.

Cabelas has been getting them in recently for $23/525 but limits one per customer. They don't last long, but you can find them.

anothernewb
February 24, 2014, 11:30 AM
I'm still willing to buy at $25 a brick. I guess if the "normal" became $30/500 I'd probably pay that too. Still cheaper than pretty much anything else.

I still look at my 525 packs of blazer bought from Dunhams 2 years ago at $15 a box and sigh. dang crazy political climate/insanity/inflation/supply and demand crap. (if only my magic 8 ball predicted this!)

However- I won't pay those prices unless it becomes the standard pricing at the major big box stores.

Wal-mart - hate them or love them; is darn good at maximizing price per unit cost. They're masters at minimaxing. I tend to use them as my price barometer, and likely will with 22 as well.

oneounceload
February 24, 2014, 11:45 AM
At the price of most .22 ammo, buying an air rifle and pellets is much cheaper, and most folks can shoot it in their garage, basement or backyard

javjacob
February 24, 2014, 12:26 PM
Ill take all the Remington golden bullets I can get! I pass on the thunderbolts though. I also pass on the Winchester 333/555... worst 22LR ammo ever

rooter
February 24, 2014, 12:54 PM
I pay no more than $23 per brick and buy it as I need it. I refuse to add to the problem of artificially inflating the price of .22's by stockpiling or paying too much for it.

gunsablazin
February 24, 2014, 01:10 PM
Back in the good old days I would always buy .22 by the case, and normally shoot 1,000 rds of it a month. I have not bought any in well over a year, and the last I got was $18.00 a brick. I'm down to less than 6 bricks now, so the hunt will be on soon, I would pay no more than $30.00 a brick personally, eventually the supply will come back, and I can shoot my reloaded centerfire ammo until then. (if I can find powder) :(

slickracer
February 25, 2014, 06:28 AM
Just scored a case of Federal 5 10 @$189.95 from Midway. Received it yesterday.

anothernewb
February 25, 2014, 10:29 AM
lol interesting timing, this thread. was throwing out old receipts yesterday, came across 2 of them. 2 Blazer 525 bulk packs. @ $13.99 ea. 1/11/12 Dunhams Sports.

Today, Dunhams (when in stock) has them for $35 ea

tomturkey
February 25, 2014, 10:32 AM
It was the first I watched the prices in a while. last time 550 bricks were at around $50.

Last week they were back up to $80.

If the idiots would quit this stupid stuff the prices would go down.

heycods
February 25, 2014, 10:34 AM
$65 for brick of goldens and $85 for Eliy target ammo. I know I was robbed, but first I have had in year and a half other than a random box of cruddy ammo.

TennJed
February 25, 2014, 11:04 AM
I bought 6 packs of remington 225 count from walmart within the last week. $11 something each

ldlfh7
February 25, 2014, 11:37 AM
$26 for a pack of 550 Federal bulk hp at Wally World. Got lucky and they were stocking while I was looking.

351 WINCHESTER
February 25, 2014, 09:52 PM
All thunderbolts are not created equal. I have shot some lots that were scary accurate and no misfires. You just never know.

Superpsy
February 25, 2014, 09:54 PM
Buy a lottery ticket now.

788Ham
February 25, 2014, 10:02 PM
A local LGS had American Eagle, subsonic for $3.85/50, I bought 6 boxes at a time, until they were gone, 38 boxes.

Cricoid
February 25, 2014, 11:17 PM
Got 1000 rounds at Cabelas today for $62 shipped. Best I've done in over a year.

rhinoh
February 26, 2014, 03:34 AM
PSA had bricks of 500 rnd Blazer for $50 at their store 5 minutes from my office.
Saw it at lunch and thought -I'm not paying 10 cents a round for .22!

Thought about it a couple of hours then decided- this is the new reality-
So I went back and ALL gone, and this was with a ONE box limit per day per customer.

Fortunately I have quite a bit on hand, but I'm contemplating retiring soon and my usage will go WAY up if that happens, since I'd actually have time to shoot all I'd like.

45_auto
February 26, 2014, 07:24 AM
Stopped by the local Wal-Mart yesterday and they had 9 boxes (50 round) of Blazer .22 at $2.47 each on the shelf. First time I've seen any .22 in months.

I must admit that I bought 3 boxes, since my stash of .22 (acquired over the last 40 years, admittedly mostly since 2008) recently dropped to just below 50,000 rounds. Am I a hoarder now?

jrdolall
February 26, 2014, 08:04 AM
I have plenty.

Stopped at an LGS yesterday and the guy said they put it out for over $80 a brick and sell it as soon as it hits the shelf.

Jlr2267
February 26, 2014, 09:12 AM
I have plenty.

Stopped at an LGS yesterday and the guy said they put it out for over $80 a brick and sell it as soon as it hits the shelf.

That's insane. I saw bricks of Blazer at Palmetto State in Greenville sit on the shelf for 4 days at $49.99

I think the basements are getting full, or people are starting to wise-up.

Vol46
February 26, 2014, 09:53 AM
Depends on how much you shoot - 50K rounds would last me several lifetimes. If that's the case for you, yes buying stuff you will never need could qualify as hoarding, but I'd say have at it if it makes you happy.

I actually saw some .22 LR at my local WalMart a few days ago - first time since early 2013. It was Federal match, just a few boxes & a little high priced. I passed because I really do not need any more than I already have. I also saw some Federal Champion 9mm FMJ - also the first sighting of inexpensive 9mm in this particular store since the first of last year. It was priced close to pre panic levels ( $14 I think). This particular store has had absolutely no .22 or 9 mm for the last 14-15 months, so Perhaps this means the shortage is finally easing.

ssyoumans
February 26, 2014, 10:18 AM
Ill take all the Remington golden bullets I can get! I pass on the thunderbolts though. I also pass on the Winchester 333/555... worst 22LR ammo ever

Agreed. Something seems to have changed, or at the very least, QC has gone down hill on the last few batches of Winchester 333/555 I have picked up. The last few wont cycle in Ruger MKIII, SR22, Browning or 10/22. Fail 8 out of 10 rds. Bad batch. I'll use them in my bolt 22, but I'm sure the accuracy is probably going to be awful.

mdauben
February 26, 2014, 10:36 AM
I must admit that I bought 3 boxes, since my stash of .22 (acquired over the last 40 years, admittedly mostly since 2008) recently dropped to just below 50,000 rounds. Am I a hoarder now?
It depends on your shooting habits. If it was me, I probably shoot 1000-2000 rounds of .22LR a year. That would give me 26-55 years of shooting so (again) if it was me, yes, I would call that hoarding. If on the other hand you are a high volume plinker or are seriously into competative shooting then that 50K of ammo stops looking like a lifetime supply and starts looking more like a reasonable stash. ;)

mdauben
February 26, 2014, 10:55 AM
I buy everything I can find if it's less than about $.08/round and up to $.10/round for mini-mags.
This. Its taken dilligence and self control, but I've managed to stick to these limits and still purchase approximatly 2000 rounds in the last 12 months of CCI, Federal and Winchester rimfire ammo.

nathan
February 26, 2014, 01:13 PM
Gander Mountain has tons of .22 LR but cost $50 a box of 500 . These are the CCi brand.

PJSprog
February 26, 2014, 02:09 PM
Last time I bought any .22LR was about two summers ago; Winchester Wildcats for $23/brick of 500. They were marked at $30, but my LGS sold them at a quantity discount. Even back then, that was too good to pass up. I cannot imagine having to pay $80/brick.

Rugerspyderon
February 26, 2014, 02:20 PM
How do you all get so much 22 ammo and do you just get lucky in finding Walmart 22 ammo?

jrdolall
February 26, 2014, 03:09 PM
The last 20k rounds of 22 I have bought have been online. The first 22 I ever bought online was December of 2012 when the panic started and I hit up an online retailer for 10k rounds at one pop. $18 per brick. Since then it has pretty much been all from Cabela's. I actually have 2k rounds on the way from them next week. I signed up for the Wikiarms alerts and I pull the trigger right away using my phone so I get it within 5 minutes. If you wait til you get to a computer it is all gone. Mostly Winchester and Remington but some Blazer as well. All of this will work fine for mag dumps and shooting paper at 50 yards. I know a lot of people hate Remington 22 ammo and I agree it isn't top of the line but it tends to go bang MOST of the time. We did a good bit of shooting this past weekend and have the weekend lined up with several new shooters coming out. Spring is when we will shoot a LOT of ammo.

scythefwd
February 26, 2014, 03:14 PM
15 bux a box of 50 (tenex)

anothernewb
February 26, 2014, 04:04 PM
Getting 22 these days is lots of visiting wal-mart and other local carriers, and having a good friend network. At least that's the way it works for me.
I sort of shifted some of the grocery shopping to wallyworld to give me the excuse to check the ammo isle.

In the end I know I've wasted more gas than it's probably been worth - but considering how darn cold it's been up here - we need all the global warming emissions we can get!

Gun Master
February 26, 2014, 04:11 PM
Zero. I'm a year and 1/2 holdout, until availability and prices for the better, and I'm doing just fine.:D

More of the same by others might get results. But, that's a long story, much debated over the past two years.:)

perpster
February 26, 2014, 04:33 PM
I will not pay more than $0.05/round, including tax and shipping.

mboylan
February 26, 2014, 06:13 PM
15 bux a box of 50 (tenex)
Where? That's 20% off retail! I'll buy a few bricks at that price.

scythefwd
February 26, 2014, 09:59 PM
It's old stock from a guy at a local gun show...

Walkalong
February 27, 2014, 07:36 AM
After so many notices from Midway about .22 LR being in stock, but being out of stock when I checked, I was finally fast enough and scored on Blazer RN. 5K for $195 being delivered Thursday. Now I can sit back, rest easy, and wait for things to catch back up. I hope anyway, as I am supplying myself, my wife, and two children, plus have given a couple of bulk boxes away to friends, and may do so again before things get better.

SFreed
February 27, 2014, 09:00 AM
With the number of alerts I've been getting lately, I'm thinking maybe the 22 situation is getting a little better. Now if I could only find some HP38 (or W231, Ramshot Zip or AA #2)

jrdolall
February 27, 2014, 09:55 AM
After so many notices from Midway about .22 LR being in stock, but being out of stock when I checked, I was finally fast enough and scored on Blazer RN. 5K for $195 being delivered Thursday. Now I can sit back, rest easy, and wait for things to catch back up. I hope anyway, as I am supplying myself, my wife, and two children, plus have given a couple of bulk boxes away to friends, and may do so again before things get better.

I haven't been successful on a single round from Midway YET and I bet I have tried 1,000 times, literally. I think I got an alert yesterday while I was sitting at my desk and it was gone.

mdauben
February 27, 2014, 12:06 PM
How do you all get so much 22 ammo and do you just get lucky in finding Walmart 22 ammo?
I haven't seen any in walmart for ages, but I don't go out of my way to search for it there. The 2000 rounds I have bought represent four bricks that I purchased in three online orders. The purchases were all limited to one per order, but I was able to catch two different brands in stock at the same time on one occasion. This represents three actual orders out of possibly 100 or more "in stock notifications" from the vendors, which are normally gone before I can log onto their sites.

I was able to piggyback them with other ammo purchases (9mm, .357 and .45) to defray the high shipping cost for ammo. If I had to order just the one brick at a time, the shipping would have pushed me over my spending limit in most cases.

UKWildcatFan
March 1, 2014, 06:57 AM
What the crap? This is beyond redic. Are they even making it anymore? I use the Walmart app to see when it's in stock but I've heard reports all over the country that the app doesn't work at times. I've seen .22 OOOOONNNNCCCEEE in 14 months.

groundsclown
March 1, 2014, 07:08 AM
It's there...just depends if you want to pay the price.

http://www.gunbot.net/ammo/rimfire/22lr/

UKWildcatFan
March 1, 2014, 07:21 AM
Yeah, I meant in the stores where it ain't gobbled up in 15 min. I mean I held my tongue for the first 8 months but this is beyond rediculous.

bluekouki86
March 1, 2014, 07:39 AM
Give it up already. This is well beyond beating a dead horse. Supply and demand.

OARNGESI
March 1, 2014, 07:52 AM
it will still be a while but one day youll walk into walmart and see all you want

HexHead
March 1, 2014, 07:57 AM
Forget Walmart, go to your LGS. Mine always has 22s, and you usually have a choice of brands.

Al Thompson
March 1, 2014, 08:06 AM
Horse, dead, one each, yup, still dead.

Patience grasshopper. :)

rooter
March 2, 2014, 02:09 PM
.22 ammo has not increased significantly in wholesale cost. It shouldn't exceed $23-$25 retail per brick. Anything above that is all greed. On a more pleasant note, I saw a gouger--er vendor-- patching up several boxes of .22lr at the last show. It seems someone wasn't too fond of gougery--er selling at market ($65 per box)--and slashed the lower portions of his Walmart bought and repriced .550 packs so that when you picked them up the contents fell out. At least 1,500 bullets were on the table and floor. I suggested Walmart may offer him a refund on his inventory, chuckled, and walked away. Wouldn't it suck if everyone accidentally dropped an overpriced brick or two, spilled a few K on the floor, or dumped a Pepsi on the overpriced inventory? Yeah, that would suck for the gougers.

hso
March 2, 2014, 02:12 PM
Instead of several parallel threads on how hard .22lr is to find or how much was found or ...

hso
March 2, 2014, 02:15 PM
Got it?

Want it?

Can't find it?

Think aliens are controlling production or hoarding?

Rembrandt
March 2, 2014, 02:29 PM
Think aliens are controlling production or hoarding?

Hadn't really considered that possibility, maybe the History Channel could provide answers. Thought alien technology would have advanced beyond rimfire....to perhaps centerfire.

Gun Master
March 2, 2014, 05:00 PM
Hadn't really considered that possibility, maybe the History Channel could provide answers. Thought alien technology would have advanced beyond rimfire....to perhaps centerfire.
Or ".22 Long Blaster Death Ray"!:uhoh:

TennJed
March 2, 2014, 05:37 PM
.22 ammo has not increased significantly in wholesale cost. It shouldn't exceed $23-$25 retail per brick. Anything above that is all greed. On a more pleasant note, I saw a gouger--er vendor-- patching up several boxes of .22lr at the last show. It seems someone wasn't too fond of gougery--er selling at market ($65 per box)--and slashed the lower portions of his Walmart bought and repriced .550 packs so that when you picked them up the contents fell out. At least 1,500 bullets were on the table and floor. I suggested Walmart may offer him a refund on his inventory, chuckled, and walked away. Wouldn't it suck if everyone accidentally dropped an overpriced brick or two, spilled a few K on the floor, or dumped a Pepsi on the overpriced inventory? Yeah, that would suck for the gougers.

May I ask how old are you?

I am not going to buy or sell 22 ammo for anything over what WalMart prices it at, but I am not 12 years old and have grown past the stage of destroying other peoples property because I am jealous. Very immature actions.

maybe someone with out a car decides to take a knife or key to the side of your car. Would you recommend that?

jrdolall
March 2, 2014, 05:41 PM
So apparently the Chupacabra, Bigfoot, Nessie and aliens are now hoarding 22 ammo. I was actually watching one of those ridiculous shows last night. Something about the goat man of Fort Worth? Every time I see one of those shows it just further proves to me that none of these things actually exist.

The good thing about 22 threads is you don't generally have to read about "I roll my own" like you do on threads about centerfire ammo. Of course there is always a reloader that can make .38 for $.04 per round because they bought components in 1937.

I have more bulk 22 ammo now than I did in 2012. Virtually all of that came from Cabela's. What I need now is a decent quantity of quality ammo for my finicky 22s.

Deltaboy
March 2, 2014, 10:41 PM
My local problem is we have some retired guys who religiously line up 2-3 hours at the Gun counter at Wal-Mart and buys it up them true to resale it on Swap Shop or the local Quarterly Gun Shows.

rooter
March 3, 2014, 02:23 AM
May I ask how old are you?

Sure.

I am not going to buy or sell 22 ammo for anything over what WalMart prices it at, but I am not 12 years old and have grown past the stage of destroying other peoples property because I am jealous. Very immature actions.

What gave you the impression the subject who damaged the boxes was jealous or immature? Since none of the other .22 vendors suffered cut boxes, I'd venture to say it wasn't jealousy or immaturity. I don't blame them for taking it to the gouger. I never entered the stage of destroying anyone's property (I didn't even realize that was a stage of life), but I am glad you no longer engage in such activity. Your parents must be quite proud!

maybe someone with out a car decides to take a knife or key to the side of your car. Would you recommend that?
Sure...how, does that relate to overpriced ammunition?

Delta boy, make friends with a store employee. I get a call when .22 and 9mm comes in normally.

Deltaboy
March 3, 2014, 09:21 AM
ROOTER it does no good the Store restocks Monday and Thursday, the line is formed by 5 am and the counter opens at 7am . 20 minutes later they are out.

rooter
March 3, 2014, 10:55 AM
It does when your ammo never makes it to the shelves. The skabs never get the chance to buy it. Like I said, make a friend at the store.

TennJed
March 3, 2014, 09:50 PM
Sure.

What gave you the impression the subject who damaged the boxes was jealous or immature? Since none of the other .22 vendors suffered cut boxes, I'd venture to say it wasn't jealousy or immaturity. I don't blame them for taking it to the gouger. .

just to clarify you do not think cutting boxes of ammunition, that is not yours, is not immature?

Also you suggested intentionally dropping and spilling soda on someone else property because you don't like what they are doing with it, and you do not think that is immature.

With all du respect you are wrong and I would be astonished if your parents were proud of you. What you recommended is the act of a spoiled child.

BTW you never answered my question about your age

tallpaul
March 3, 2014, 10:02 PM
Immature idiots enjoy the destruction of others property... as far as gougers- what is unobtainium worth? Even for a dealer to sell at old prices is stupid from a business point... say ya needed to sell 100 bricks a month to cover costs but now ya can only get 10 bricks to even sell? Ya still have the same overhead costs etc even though most of your inventories are non existent etc? Of course paying a STUPID TAX sucks but if ya did not buy it and stack in when available it is no ones fault but yer own. If a guy sell at a higher price than "normal" or what you want to pay there is no guarantee that he will be able to replace his stock- what is that risk worth?

Personally I just don't buy if I see prices higher than I want to spend... if they can't sell they will sit on it or someone needing it will pay the stupid tax... or likely go without...

JTHunter
March 4, 2014, 12:56 AM
Since Nov. 2012, I have not seen ANY .22LR ammo in either of the two WalFart (mis-spelled deliberately) in the Belleville area. This is despite showing up at different times and days and hearing from one or two employees saying that they have seen "some" and others saying they hadn't seen any in months.

Late last year, I got some bulk .22LR (don't remember which - 525/550/555) two different times at Curt Smith's Outdoors in Belleville. Price was more than I wanted to pay ($29.99) but I needed some for plinking for both me and my mother. (She pops varmits on her property.) However , they haven't had any since. What is interesting however, is that their supply of .17 and .22 Mag has been growing. Prices aren't that good but the quantities are improving.

When I was in today, they had at least 20 boxes of .17 and 10 of the .22 Mag. As I wasn't interested in those, I failed to look at the prices. What got me was that, in talking to the clerks, they said that .22LR may not be readily available for maybe a year. :what:

Sorry to bring bad news but I refuse to pay (for now) over $0.06/round for .22LR ammo!! :cuss: :fire:

Walkalong
March 4, 2014, 07:58 PM
I finally caught some in stock and was able to buy some at normal prices from Midway last week. It's coming in, people are still just buying it like crazy. No telling how many billion rounds are back ordered.

When folks run out of money and shelf space, things will get back to normal.

Queen_of_Thunder
March 4, 2014, 09:29 PM
I finally caught some in stock and was able to buy some at normal prices from Midway last week. It's coming in, people are still just buying it like crazy. No telling how many billion rounds are back ordered.

If thats what you are waiting on then you are going to be waiting a very very long time and frankly I doubt it will end.

200Apples
March 4, 2014, 09:32 PM
If thats what you are waiting on then you are going to be waiting a very very long time and frankly I doubt it will end.

That's right. When TSHTF, the world will end in a hail of .22 gunfire...

It will rain from the hills, too, because that will be what is in everyone's bug-out bag.

:banghead:

Meanwhile... joking aside...

I've been fortunate in that in both where I purchase my firearms and then where I practice, ammunition is sold. The fine counterstaff at both locations continually surprise me, when I least expect it, with a bulk box of .22LR. Although I don't have a metric asstonne of it, I do have several days' range use in store.

:-)

Walkalong
March 5, 2014, 07:28 AM
If thats what you are waiting on then you are going to be waiting a very very long time and frankly I doubt it will end.Nothing lasts forever, nothing. It will catch up. :)

jrdolall
March 5, 2014, 07:30 AM
I am not even interested in any more Golden Bullets, Thunderbolts or WWB 22 as I have probably more than we will shoot in 2 years. Virtually all of it came from Cabela's and I consider these to be the lowest quality of all the 22 ammo. Good for ammo dumps and teaching folks to shoot.
I will still buy Blazer or any of the other CCI offerings as well as other "quality" ammo as I come across it.

SP2000
March 5, 2014, 08:12 AM
I live in NW Ohio and I have not seen any 22 at my local Walmart since January 2013. Same with 22mag. Which is why I no longer own any 22mag guns.

rooter
March 5, 2014, 09:12 AM
Also you suggested intentionally dropping and spilling soda on someone else property because you don't like what they are doing with it, and you do not think that is immature.

I said it would really suck. How is that suggestive again?

With all du respect you are wrong and I would be astonished if your parents were proud of you. What you recommended is the act of a spoiled child.

Coming from a reformed vandal, that really hurts.

BTW you never answered my question about your age

I know.

I am not even interested in any more Golden Bullets, Thunderbolts

The new Goldens are fine. I have about 15K of them and they have been reliable and accurate.
..........................................................................................................
While .22 is more difficult to find right now, it is far from unobtanium. Quit paying too much for it and quit hoarding it!

Gun Master
March 5, 2014, 03:28 PM
I have had no trouble shooting "junk" ammo in my High Standard Sentinels, or Marlin Model 60. They just eat 'em up.:) Some of my auto pistols are picky, and don't function as well as with better quality types, such as CCI, etc.:(

Nighthawk0083
March 6, 2014, 11:41 AM
I hope it turns out like the AR buying frenzy. Everyone thought they had to have one. Now they are selling for 500-600 dollars. When everything calms down what are the people who bought thousands of rounds that dont shoot it going to do with it? I hope the market gets flooded with the stuff.

slygamer151
March 6, 2014, 11:58 AM
every time I go there I go to Warren Brothers.com don't make scene to me? Whats their web site? Thanks

sniper69
March 6, 2014, 12:21 PM
Here are some pics from the local Gander Mountain, taken on 2/25/14. They had got their ammo shipment in that morning - so had quite a bit (these pics were taken about 3 hours after they opened). The limit of 200 rds meant one could get 200 rds. of 22 LR and 200 rds of 22 WMR - not sure if they would let someone get 200 rounds of .22 short in addition to the other or not.

http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2852/12913187303_950db0b3a7_c.jpg

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7413/12913090365_606d97deaf_c.jpg

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3750/12913191803_fcc643bef6_c.jpg

Then on Saturday (about 2 hours after they put the ammo out) the local Walmart had .22 LR (CCI minimag HP, 100 rd. packages). The walmart sporting goods guy said there were 7 people waiting for the .22 LR when they put it out at 0630, I was there about 800 and there were two boxes remaining. So .22 is coming to stores - but is still selling quick.

a side note - the 100 rd packs of minimags were .50 cents cheaper at walmart than at gander mountain.

As for Gander Mountain - I was in for some other stuff on Monday the 24th and asked if they had any 22 magnums. They told me no but we will get some in on Tuesday. I asked about 22LR and they said they didn't know when they would get more in. I arrive Tuesday (I have a family member looking for 22 WMR) and they also got in 22 LR and 22 Short (none of the .22 ammo in the pics I posted above were there the day before). So I'm not sure if they (the guys at Gander Mountain) truly didn't know that was in their ammo shipment coming in, or if they just don't tell people about it coming in so it would stay on the shelves longer? Either way I knew if I didn't take some pictures with my cell phone I'd have some people I know not believe me. Once I texted the pics to a family member - they said I wish it was like that where I live - the gander mountain there hasn't had .22 in months. :what:

sniper69
March 6, 2014, 12:24 PM
For the question about Midway

every time I go there I go to Warren Brothers.com don't make scene to me? Whats their web site? Thanks
it is www.midwayusa.com :)

John828
March 7, 2014, 08:30 PM
Here is an instant stockpile:

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=396295065

It can be yours for just $9,000 depending on the bidding

mboylan
March 7, 2014, 09:09 PM
Here is an instant stockpile:

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=396295065

It can be yours for just $9,000 depending on the bidding
MSRP for that is about $3000. Some people have more money than sense. Stack it deep when it is cheap and available. Don't buy in times like this unless you can get a decent deal.

bldsmith
March 7, 2014, 09:12 PM
Do the math on the $11,447 for buy it now works up to .19/round or $95/brick!! Yea I can wait a long time before I buy at those prices.

GoWolfpack
March 8, 2014, 12:21 AM
Can't resist bragging some on myself. The Chief and I planned to stake out a Dick's Sporting Goods this morning that we thought might be getting some 22 in. Since I had some free time to kill before the store opened at 9 I stepped into the Walmart just across the parking lot. Perfect place to kill a few minutes.

I was loitering around the sporting goods counter when the phone rang. After a number of rings an assistant manager picked up; I happened to overhear him say to the caller "I've got a case of 22 in the back I haven't put out yet."

When he hung up I told him he should just bring that case out and let me get started. I sent Chief a text to let him know some was coming out shortly. There was also another gentleman lurking around whose face lit up when he heard there might be 22 around. The stranger got his, I got mine and Chief got his, leaving one for box for the guy whose phone call had started all this. Thanks, whoever you are!

This particular Walmart only had the three box limit on 22. Everything else was unlimited.

Dick's didn't have any, but that was ok.

JTHunter
March 8, 2014, 01:11 AM
GWP - at what price/quantity?

GoWolfpack
March 8, 2014, 01:28 AM
$17 and some change for Winchester 333 boxes. Somewhere in the neighborhood of 5 cents/rnd.

RetiredUSNChief
March 8, 2014, 10:40 AM
Yep, between Dick's the Friday before and yesterday, I did indeed pick up another 1,500 rounds of .22 LR that I did not currently need. Walmart had the 333 round Winchester packs and Dick's had the 555 round Winchester.

As for those who wouldn't take Remington if it were given to them, fine with me. That makes it easier for me to find.

Perchance you just MAY wish to reconsider your bias, however well earned it may have been at the time you developed it. I've bought well over 2,000 rounds of Remington over the past year to support my wife's and kid's new shooting habits and so far we haven't had a bit of problem with any of them.

Things change over time, for both good and bad...so it seems to me that, by my experience, the current quality of Remington .22 LR rimfire is perfectly acceptable for general use.

But hey...continue to snub your nose at it if you wish. More for Daddy is what I say!

;)

jimmyraythomason
March 8, 2014, 11:26 AM
Everyone needs a lookout!

ddgarcia05
March 8, 2014, 11:54 AM
I woke up early and called the local bass pro shop to see if they had any 22. Guy said yes and that they had bulk boxes. I got there an hour before opening and before doors opened there was a line of 20+ plus people. Doors opened and the guy second to me told me to look out for runners and started to slow jog. They had two packs of M-22 and several more smaller packs of 300 and less rounds. I was able to get one of the M-22 boxes. I also picked up 1000 CCI Primers for $41 OTD. I hopefully will be getting a 22 rifle within the next two weeks to teach my kid to shot. Really happy, I had to share my story.

glove
March 8, 2014, 02:15 PM
Good find. Sucks that you have to fight to find a box of ammo now. Never had this problem when Bush was in.:)

Midwest
March 8, 2014, 02:22 PM
Congratulations. I think it is easier to hit the lottery than finding .22 lr these days. This 'bubble or hiccup in the supply and demand' is approaching 15 months already.

NeuseRvrRat
March 8, 2014, 02:35 PM
in before the lock

plmitch
March 8, 2014, 04:04 PM
Excellent day, lgs had bricks on sale for $45.00ea out the door. Three bricks going to the range tomorrow.

redneck2
March 8, 2014, 07:16 PM
I've seen .22's a couple of places recently. Didn't buy any 'cause I didn't need any. I think it's gonna loosen up pretty soon. Eventually you run out of people with more money than sense.

Mike1234567
March 8, 2014, 08:18 PM
Excellent day, lgs had bricks on sale for $45.00ea out the door. Three bricks going to the range tomorrow.
11+ cents per rd for what?

22-rimfire
March 8, 2014, 08:54 PM
I believe that's about $0.09 although I still think that is high. But when you don't have any and you want some.... there you go.

MedWheeler
March 8, 2014, 08:56 PM
I was at my local BPS last week, but could only score two fifty-round boxes of the Federal Champion stuff (they had more, but were limiting purchases.)

But, they had scads of .32ACP and .380ACP, the former of which I'd been keeping an eye out for. I bought two boxes of that and one of the .380 (I have a couple hundred rounds of .380 already, and don't shoot it much.)

JTHunter
March 8, 2014, 11:30 PM
$45/500 = $.09/rd.

$45/555 = $.08/rd.

Still too damn much!

trigga
March 9, 2014, 01:52 AM
yes i am finally starting to see 22lr coming back but the ammo hoarder are still out there bright and early in my area. I just don't have that kind of time nor desperation to be chasing after. it's usually gone like when i get there. all the bulk stuff was gone so i settled for some cci mini mags. even those i have not seen for a year. i was surprised walmart changed their 3 box rule to only 22lr. the shelves are well stocked too.

sig228
March 9, 2014, 10:08 AM
I was at a gun show last weekend. Ammo hoarders looked pretty disappointed that their $80 bricks were not selling. Lol...

On another note, I was at Dick's yesterday, bought a 555 brick of winchester for $30 plus tax.

Bad part: about halfway to my car, bag broke, box split open, several hundreds rounds of my precious little gold spilled out all over the parking lot. :mad: Cars honking at me, I didn't care, I picked up every last one. Double bag your ammo people!!!!

gonoles_1980
March 9, 2014, 07:04 PM
Sadly I'm retiring my Jennings J-22 and even more so my wife's Ruger Mark I, that is one fun gun to shoot. But I'll be damned if I'm going to pay over 15 cents for a bullet that should be a nickel. I'll light load my 38 for my wife and load up 9mm for her since that's her carry gun. 10 cents is my max price level. I see them going for 17 cents now.

sig228
March 9, 2014, 07:18 PM
Look out for the runners...sad that is what its come to.

I scored a box of 555 win at Dick's yesterday. $30.00 plus tax.

You just have to be persistent.

trapper1
March 11, 2014, 01:51 PM
The local Walmart in town (Bryan, Ohio) had .22mag on the shelf today (still a 3 box limit)
That's the first time in 15 months I've seen .22 of any kind on the shelf there.

Most all other calibers were stocked. I loaded up on TulAmmo .223 @ $5.48 a box

cgs500
March 11, 2014, 04:48 PM
I have a thread about ATK offering youth shooting sport clubs .22 ammo at a decent price. After seeing this thread I hope the mods will allow it to hang out in the main part of the board for visibility sake. The price is 153.00 shipped with a max of 3 cases per club.

I guess the reason I am posting in here is to point out the fact that supplies should start freeing up. ATK suspended all support to the youth programs last year. This program is very limited compared to years past, but at least they are offering something. I think it is good news for everyone else as well.

I supported the 4-H club out of my personal stash last year, I am thankful I don't have to do it again this year.

Walkalong
March 13, 2014, 11:04 AM
The local YMCA camp had to go to air guns last summer. Hopefully they can get some .22 this year.

Jlr2267
March 13, 2014, 12:07 PM
The local YMCA camp had to go to air guns last summer. Hopefully they can get some .22 this year.

Sounds like a good project to get involved in, at a local level.

cgs500
March 13, 2014, 12:22 PM
Walkalong, did you see this thread? There is .22 available to youth groups. It ends on the 19th though.
http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=746454

Gun Master
March 13, 2014, 01:55 PM
Mr. Moderator (Walkalong):
I suggest this thread not be closed for a long time, and let it continue, to discourage several new threads on the same subject from developing.
Sometimes (or oftentimes) threads "have" to be closed. This is just a suggestion.:)

Deltaboy
March 13, 2014, 07:27 PM
Well Praise the Lord I went into my Wal-Mart today and the ammo cabinet was filled and they had plenty of 22. I bought 450 rounds.

Gun Master
March 14, 2014, 01:56 PM
Well Praise the Lord I went into my Wal-Mart today and the ammo cabinet was filled and they had plenty of 22. I bought 450 rounds.
Could you tell us the prices for the .22LR ammo?:confused:

Did you get the .22 ammo before or after you got the H&R 20 gauge?:)

sniper69
March 14, 2014, 02:18 PM
Could you tell us the prices for the .22LR ammo?

Did you get the .22 ammo before or after you got the H&R 20 gauge?

Gun Master - I'm not Deltaboy, but here are some prices I noticed.

The local Walmart had Federal brand bulk packs in a few days ago (the sporting goods manager said people were lined up waiting for it - and I was there a few hours after that for something unrelated), but the price on it was $23.97 if memory serves correctly. A few weeks ago they had 100 rd. packages of CCI Mini Mag 36 gr. HP for $7.47 - I was lucky to get two of those.

The local Gander mountain has had .22 ammo in a few different times in the last few weeks and the Federal Champion .22 50 rd. package was $2.49, 100 rd. mini mags were $7.99 a package, some Federal ultra match (orange colored box) 50 rd. pack was $14.99, cci pistol match (50 rd.) was $10.99 (IIRC). There were also some Remington thunderbolts - but I didn't price those (I have some pics where prices are visible from 2/25 and I took some pics on Tuesday that I can post showing their prices from then if you would like. Gander mountain here is limiting to 200 rds. (or if bulk packs come in - 1 bulk pack). Locally, Walmart is still limiting .22 to 3 boxes.

Online AIM had some .22 about a 1 1/2 weeks ago, some match ammo from Switzerland or Germany. It was selling for $8.95 for 50 rds. It lasted on their site about 24 hours.

Gun Master
March 14, 2014, 02:51 PM
Thanks, sniper69. Looks like the prices are all over the place. Some are high, and some are low, and you have to consider the S&H for online, in the price.

basicblur
March 14, 2014, 06:24 PM
I knew our local Walmart had some Federal 550 arrive yesterday, so I paid 'em a visit this morning, more to see what was going on instead of getting ammo (but I did get my 3 boxes of 550).

550 was all I was checking on, but they rolled out:
1. 1 case (10 boxes) Federal 550 ($23.97)
2. Winchester 333
3. Remington 225

The ammo flipper was there - I'm driving him to get there earlier and earlier (main reason I'm showing up) - he got on the phone and his wife, his buddies, and their wives arrived quickly!

Apparently he's buddies with numerous Walmart employees, and calls the store @ 9pm the night before to see if ammo has arrived.
He did wander over and try to pick my brain, but I didn't tell.
He apparently knew they had ammo in, but didn't know what.
Apparently he's been checking up on me (as I have on him) - he asked me what they got in last night, 'cuz I know you know!

I told him I knew they got some Federal 550s, but would not tell him how I keep up with arrivals. :D

Left the local gun shop this evening - I checked out his unpacked ammo, which he won't stock 'til tomorrow.
He had 3 cases (30 cans) of the Federal 325-rd. Nitrogen Sealed cans and 1 case of Federal Match ammo. Don't know his prices, but I may pay him a visit tomorrow and pick up a can (or more?) of the nitrogen packed Federals, assuming he has a decent price on 'em.

RetiredUSNChief
March 14, 2014, 09:06 PM
Well, the Walmart and Dick's that I routinely check didn't have anything today. Maybe next week!

Good news is that I'm able to spread the wealth among friends who aren't fortunate enough to have the time to check these places out like me. One of the advantages to working second or third shift is I can show up at these places early in the morning on Friday.

For those who haven't done so, you really need to quit trying to hunt down .22 LR all by yourself. Network with some friends and family who can help keep an eye out for it and maybe pick up a box here and there to have on hand for those in your circle.

dogtown tom
March 15, 2014, 08:52 PM
In the last week I've bought 3,000 rounds of .22 via Cabela's Online.

Delivered free to their store eight miles away.

Warp
March 15, 2014, 10:21 PM
I did some simple math (remembering, really)

Since December of 2012 I have

Sold 12,000 rounds of .22lr
Purchased 7,000 rounds of .22lr (5k came from the CMP)

Lowest I've sold at is $0.10 per round (bulk). Most I've paid is $0.08 per round (CCI mini mags).

Gun show last weekend only had one vendor selling .22lr. Asking price was $80 for 550 Federal bulk.

This has been a status report.

JohnKSa
March 15, 2014, 10:27 PM
Stopped by an LGS on the way home yesterday. While I was there, a guy bought the single brick of Remington Thunderbolt .22LR on the shelf. After the purchaser left, they put out another brick. Pretty smart, I thought. The price was $30.

Walkalong
March 15, 2014, 10:32 PM
Mr. Moderator (Walkalong):
I suggest this thread not be closed for a long time, and let it continue, to discourage several new threads on the same subject from developing.
Sometimes (or oftentimes) threads "have" to be closed. This is just a suggestion.:)
Have you noticed this thread is exactly that? ;)

Walkalong, did you see this thread?I sent the link to my nephew. Thanks.

JohnKSa
March 15, 2014, 10:47 PM
Forgot to mention--before I left, they sold the second brick too. I didn't check to see if they had put out another one.

basicblur
March 16, 2014, 02:01 AM
Picked up another 3 boxes of Federal 550 @ Walmart this morning (got 3 boxes from another store yesterday).

Had to drive 36 miles, but it was "supposed" to be in 3 stores all within 10 miles of each other - only managed to get ammo at one, and only one other person showed up while I was there.
Unfortunately, the other two stores were a bust - one store has a history of never having any despite inventory tripping, then showing sold out later in the day.
It looks like another one of the formerly stores on the up and up may have gone over to the dark side - never had trouble getting ammo in this store when inventory tripped (10 times) - today is the first time I've gotten a lot of excuses at this store.

The local gun shop got in 3 cases (30 cans) of the nitrogen filled cans of Federal 325-rds. and a case of the high dollar Federal Match Ammo.
I stopped in to pick up some of the Federal nitrogen packed cans, but he wanted $24.95 / can so I passed on 'em - last can I bought at Gander Mountain was $19.95 / can.
For a laugh, I asked how much the Federal Match Ammo was - $100 / brick - I'm looking for mostly bulk, so I knew I wasn't interested.

I don't like paying $19.95 for the nitrogen packed stuff, but have a couple of cans for the novelty and long-term storage - wouldn't mind having a few more cans, but not at $24.97.

Those 22LR prices are high for our local shop, but he's so desperate for 22LR these days that he's taking whatever he can get from any supplier, at (almost?) any price.

In normal times, he probably would not have bought the nitrogen packed stuff from that particular supplier at the price he had to pay.

Mike1234567
March 16, 2014, 03:02 PM
(Jim Croce, Time In a Bottle melody)

If I could save dimes in a bottle
The first thing that I'd like to do
Is to save every dime 'till eternity passes away
Just to spend them on you

If I could make ammo last forever
If words could make wishes come true
I'd save every dime like a treasure and then
Again, I would spend them on you

But there never seems to be enough dimes
To shoot the gun you want to shoot, once you have one
I've shot the rounds enough to know
That you're the one I want to spend my dimes on

I've an ammo box full of wishes
And empty mags, that's sadly so true
The box still is empty, except for the memory of how
They were "borrowed" by you

But there never seems to be enough dimes
To shoot the gun you want to shoot, once you have one
I've shot the rounds enough to know
That you're the one I want to spend my dimes on

Gun Master
March 16, 2014, 03:48 PM
Makes me feel like "Bad, Bad, Leroy Brown !":fire:

Gun Master
March 16, 2014, 03:51 PM
What about you, dogtown tom ?

Byron
March 16, 2014, 04:54 PM
The sporting good managere told me people are downloading Apps on smart phones for their local Walmarts to determine when ammo is coming in and what it will be.For example if it comes in at 4PM, be in line before 8PM.

horsemen61
March 16, 2014, 05:20 PM
Yeah funny thing is how inaccurate the apps are :evil::neener::p:rolleyes: I love it when people try to tell me what I have and don't have in the back :scrutiny:

JMS920
March 16, 2014, 08:09 PM
Pages of tricks and tips to score lowly ole 22's.
I wonder how many just say screw it and move on to some other form of recreation? How many youth never get started in the first place?
Regardless of who or what is behind it , heck, maybe nothing or nobody is behind it, I bet the anti's are thinking this the definitely the way to future success in a time when legislation is hopeless.

Cooldill
March 17, 2014, 02:12 AM
Wal-Mart... oh Wal-Mart...

*chews tongue, squeezes hands tensely*

I am SICK of these GAMES Wal-Mart puts me through! ENOUGH OF IT! If I am passing through for groceries and they have some ammo I want at a good price, I'll buy it. I will not schedule my day around when that store has ammo. The internet has proven to me to be a MUCH better source for ammo that is just as good/the same product for less money and I can buy it on my time.

YMMV.

ugaarguy
March 17, 2014, 02:57 AM
Cooldill, these aren't games Wal Mart is putting you through. Wal Mart has a smartphone app for e-commerce that lets you shop for almost everything they carry. Apparently the smartphone app also provides in store availability status like their website, and unlike the website it apparently provides some predicted inventory presumably based on data from their distribution system. Some folks have chosen to use the app to try to buy ammo when it will be in stock.

So, lets keep this on the topic of ammo availability.

Gun Master
March 17, 2014, 01:11 PM

I am SICK of these GAMES Wal-Mart puts me through! ENOUGH OF IT! If I am passing through for groceries and they have some ammo I want at a good price, I'll buy it. I will not schedule my day around when that store has ammo. The internet has proven to me to be a MUCH better source for ammo that is just as good/the same product for less money and I can buy it on my time.

YMMV.
A big "Yep"!:)

Gun Master
March 17, 2014, 01:21 PM
Cooldill, these aren't games Wal Mart is putting you through. Wal Mart has a smartphone app for e-commerce that lets you shop for almost everything they carry. Apparently the smartphone app also provides in store availability status like their website, and unlike the website it apparently provides some predicted inventory presumably based on data from their distribution system. Some folks have chosen to use the app to try to buy ammo when it will be in stock.

So, lets keep this on the topic of ammo availability.
Some choose to shop "The Old Fashioned Way", not another person's choice.

The way I look at it, life is not centered around ".22 ammo" and "apps", but thanks for the info. I'm sure it's helpful to others. ><> :)

mboylan
March 17, 2014, 01:40 PM
Pages of tricks and tips to score lowly ole 22's.
I wonder how many just say screw it and move on to some other form of recreation? How many youth never get started in the first place?
Regardless of who or what is behind it , heck, maybe nothing or nobody is behind it, I bet the anti's are thinking this the definitely the way to future success in a time when legislation is hopeless.
Gun owner paranoia is behind it. We are our own worse enemy.

The most likely bans are high capacity magazines and assault weapons. Look at how cheap and plentiful these are right now.

The least likely item to be banned has the most panic buyers.

basicblur
March 17, 2014, 02:02 PM
Regardless of who or what is behind it...
I don't think there's any great conspiracy AFA 22LR shortages - I figure it's caused by:

1. Preppers - this appears to be the caliber of choice - I'm no prepper, but have listened to a number of their podcasts - a few know what they're doing, but you can tell the majority of the callers don't. I figure the Federal Nitrogen Packed cans of 22 are the result of the prepper market?

2. New shooters - some are probably starting with a 22.

3. 22LR ARs - At's me, and who knows how many others out there? I got into 22LR 8 months ago (bought my first 22AR) - us folks can shoot a lot of 22LR in an afternoon! I still hear old timers complain and ask "what are you going to do with that much ammo?" I tell 'em it's a new day, and the rules have changed - I ain't squirrel hunting with a bolt action 22 - we're dumping a lot thru our semi-autos. I know a lot of folks that have bought 22ARs over the last year, and have been buying the 22LR to feed 'em.

4. Flippers - I've seen them in action at our local Walmart - brings an entire posse (and wives) - often the worst if there's a big local flea market in the area.

5. Panic buyers - you know it's going on, probably by some that don't even have a 22. We recently had a fellow show up at the shop with an AR he bought at a gun show (thought he was going to make money on it). He sheepishly told the shop owner he paid $2,500, but was asking "only" $1,600 for it. The shop owner pointed at the exact same AR sitting in his rack for $999. :D
I feel like the same thing is going to happen to some of the flippers, but who knows when?

6. Ammo makers not expanding - although I heard on Tom Gresham's show a while back that some ammo makers have finally decided that what we see going on now may not be the new normal, they've finally decided that when things do slow down, 22LR sales are still going to be much higher than in the past. As such, some have finally decided to expand, but it will take a while for production to come on line, and I'm sure they're thinking small (expansion).

And there ya have it - I'm sure I missed a smaller group or two, but the above have the makings for a perfect storm AFA causing the 22 ammo shortage.

Mike1234567
March 17, 2014, 03:48 PM

YMMV.
Another "yep".

basicblur
March 17, 2014, 05:12 PM
I am SICK of these GAMES Wal-Mart puts me through!
I don't know what games you're talking about?

I know Walmart's policy (as told to me by Bentonville) - some stores strictly follow the policy - the "games" are being played by some employees and their friends.

I know our local flipper appears to be buddies with everyone in the sporting goods department.

Some have complained, thinking if Walmart puts the ammo out at the same time every day (7am), the same folks are going to get it every time.
I try to explain to them that they have a better chance of getting it if it is put out at 7am every day, as then it's first come, first serve.
For our local store (and others I've visited), if they put it out at different times during the day, the same insiders would be notified, thus killing the first come, first serve policy - if employees have the flexibility to put it out at different times of the day, they can simply hold it until their notified friends / flippers arrive.

The bottom line is it's not Walmart per se that's "playing games".

plmitch
March 18, 2014, 09:11 AM
Oh the poor walmart shopper saga continues.......some will never learn.....

Vodoun da Vinci
March 18, 2014, 04:34 PM
The only .22 LR gun I have is a Ruger Bearcat. My Wife and I plink with it now and again and she really likes just "shooting" and working on trigger control and sights and not shooting" big" guns. We had a chance to shoot a friends H&K MP5 A5 .22 clone and she loves it. I'd like to buy her one but we only have about 1000 rounds of .22 LR left in The Stash and buying more, especially to feed a semi auto, gives me the creeps.

.22 LR is hard to find and expensive...Will it ever come back? I mean, are the days of inexpensive rimfire ammunition over to the point I should get her an AR-15 and reload .223 to guarantee a supply of ammunition?

Really...I don't think it's ever gonna come back. What do you guys think?

VooDoo

km101
March 18, 2014, 04:45 PM

That is if the store follows policy and actually STOCKS the ammo that comes in. I have been told by both local stores that "we have not seen 22 ammo in months." When the app shows that they are getting it regularly! Who ya' gonna' believe?

sig228
March 18, 2014, 05:03 PM
My 02/13/14 Cabelas order just shipped!! Woohoo.

(Brick of 525 for 29.94 shipped).

Gun Master
March 18, 2014, 07:25 PM
The only .22 LR gun I have is a Ruger Bearcat. My Wife and I plink with it now and again and she really likes just "shooting" and working on trigger control and sights and not shooting" big" guns. We had a chance to shoot a friends H&K MP5 A5 .22 clone and she loves it. I'd like to buy her one but we only have about 1000 rounds of .22 LR left in The Stash and buying more, especially to feed a semi auto, gives me the creeps.

.22 LR is hard to find and expensive...Will it ever come back? I mean, are the days of inexpensive rimfire ammunition over to the point I should get her an AR-15 and reload .223 to guarantee a supply of ammunition?

Really...I don't think it's ever gonna come back. What do you guys think?

VooDoo
I see (at least) the following outcomes :
1. Price returns "to normal" (whatever that is ). There has been some possible trends indicated in that direction recently.
2. SNAFU. In that case, I will not buy ,or attempt to do so, expensive/rare .22 ammo.
3. Prices return to "normal". Each individual will have to decide, if that is the case.
4. If #2 prevails, centerfire arms and ammo will be more abundant (and hopefully not much more costly).
5. If #4 happens, .22 arms (and ammo) will become collectors items.
6. Also if #2 lingers, perhaps more ammo manufacturers will enter the market. Competition will lower the price and increase availability .
7. In the meantime, I plan to sit back, relax, and enjoy the show.:D

sig228
March 18, 2014, 10:00 PM
Basicblur, I think your observations are right on point, especially with the ar-15 rifles that come in 22lr plus conversion kits for same plus the proliferation of new guns, especially semis, offered in 22lr. Times today are not the same as a few years ago when the most popular 22lr was a 10/22. Now there are so many more offerings...

Husker1911
March 20, 2014, 09:40 AM
I've not had the chance to do much shooting, the past couple years (Drat!) I'm curious, is .22WMR as scarce as the LR ammo?

Byron
March 20, 2014, 10:13 AM
Husker, my gun store had two bricks of CCI Gold Dot 22 magnums in recently.They get it from time to time. Stay on Midway as I was notified recently of some.

anothernewb
March 20, 2014, 10:14 AM
skimmed most of the pages. so this is probably answered..

the web goes out to the world - so in theory other countries likely can also read about the 22 issues here. makes me wonder if they - not having to deal with epa and other crap and hoops - could cash in on the shortage, expand and increase their supply to the american market. wolf 223 is kinda crappy - but Wolf 22 is pretty darn good IMO.

hammerklavier
March 20, 2014, 01:39 PM
I have wondered that too, why are we not seeing more foreign.22? Personally, I haven't seen any.

sniper69
March 20, 2014, 02:38 PM
Only foreign ammo I have seen is Lapua (Midas or SK brand??) and another brand that was from Switzerland (at another place). Both were in stock more than a month ago and were match ammo (with a price to match).

basicblur
March 20, 2014, 02:43 PM
I saw in a Cheaper Than Dirt catalog that they had some of the BrassMAXX 22 in a can, similar to the 9mm I've picked up at Walmart - I've wondered why Walmart has not started selling some of the same?

Of course, it was at Cheaper Than Dirt's usual ridiculously high pricing of 22 ammo.

mboylan
March 20, 2014, 10:56 PM
skimmed most of the pages. so this is probably answered..

the web goes out to the world - so in theory other countries likely can also read about the 22 issues here. makes me wonder if they - not having to deal with epa and other crap and hoops - could cash in on the shortage, expand and increase their supply to the american market. wolf 223 is kinda crappy - but Wolf 22 is pretty darn good IMO.
Wolf 22 is made by Lapua in Germany.

Deltaboy
March 20, 2014, 11:13 PM
Could you tell us the prices for the .22LR ammo?:confused:

Did you get the .22 ammo before or after you got the H&R 20 gauge?:)
I paid 18.75 dollars for 2 Remmington golden bullet 225 bulk packs.

sniper69
March 21, 2014, 10:37 AM
Today was the arrival of the ammo shipment at the local Gander Mountain. There was one bucket of remington .22 LR and one ammo can of CCI (I think minimags - $119 price tag). Both were grabbed before I could get lucky (I got there before the store opening at 9 and there were about 16 people there). I could have grabbed the CCI but I try to be respectable to those that were there even earlier than me and don't feel like fighting over ammo. Strange thing was is that the two guys that grabbed the bulk containers didn't even look at what they were - just knew they were 22LR. So with the two bulk packs gone - there was still a variety of 22, but it was a limit of 200 rds. So I got 200 rds. of Thunderbolts and 200 rds of 22 WMR (for a family member who hasn't seen any in stock where they live for a while). Not a bad day (since I got some ammo and two of my kids got to go to the store with me), but not as good as the last few times I've found 22 in stock.

dogtown tom
March 21, 2014, 10:53 AM
At 11pm last night I bought 500rounds of CCI Blazer .22 from Cabelas.com @ $30.30
At 12:05am this morning I bought another 500 rnds.

"Normal" price .22 is not that hard to find if you are willing to invest a little time and patience.

j1
March 21, 2014, 10:58 AM
WHAT IS CAUSING this 22 situation?

About a month ago I bought a brick of Federal for $25 plus tax at Gander Mountain. Limit of one per customer.

Good luck.

RetiredUSNChief
March 21, 2014, 02:07 PM
^^^^

People like you and me, who buy .22 LR ammunition.

basicblur
March 21, 2014, 06:44 PM
Mebbe so, but I have yet to see a price pop up that wasn't roughly 3 times (or more) than I'm willing to pay for 22LR.

I'm seeing the $90 / brick prices from way too many vendors - I'm going to have to clean out my stash at that price!

dogtown tom
March 21, 2014, 06:54 PM
basicblur Quote:

Mebbe so, but I have yet to see a price pop up that wasn't roughly 3 times (or more) than I'm willing to pay for 22LR.
That's how I found those $30 a brick Blazers.

I believe that once the available stock is depleted it disappears off the Wikiarms list.

Gun Master
March 21, 2014, 07:06 PM
I paid 12 dollars for 2 Remmington golden bullet 225 bulk packs.
If the info is correct, you got it for less than $.03 per round. Amazing !:)

Gun Master
March 21, 2014, 07:09 PM
^^^^

People like you and me, who buy .22 LR ammunition.
Yep.

Deltaboy
March 22, 2014, 05:32 PM
If the info is correct, you got it for less than $.03 per round. Amazing !:)
I mistyped the numbers .

Sniper66
March 23, 2014, 10:14 AM
Just wanted to share my latest gun show observations. Went to a RK Gun Show yesterday in KC, MO. Everyone, as usual, was looking for 22LR. The good news: there was more 22LR ammo than I have seen in awhile. The bad news: It is still priced about 3X what it should be. Most bricks were $60 (Blazer, Remington Thunderbolt, Winchester Wildcat). The loose stuff was priced 10 cents per round or higher. CCI mini-mag varied from $16 to $25. Of course, I left without any 22LR. Did buy a box of 500 9mm for $150, good locally loaded ammo, not the Russian stuff which was abundant and cheaper. Found 17 HMR for $120 per brick, which is not bad. Saw some Remington 7.5 BR small rifle primers on "special" for $33; most places are charging $40. The guy had several cases of them. Powder was still priced high but at least some stuff was available. Pistol primers were abundant. This particular show was long on accessories and short on guns. Next stop, Tulsa. See ya there!

RetiredUSNChief
March 23, 2014, 11:06 PM
The loose stuff was priced 10 cents per round or higher.

You know...I'd have bought a single round, just to see the look on the guy's face!

:)

alfon99
March 23, 2014, 11:11 PM
I'm not in the US, but believe it or not, here in Uruguay we have lots of .22 ammo. That's why I only have 400 rounds for my 3 22's. And I used to have even less. Because I don't need tons of ammo when I can just go and buy some.

Mike1234567
March 24, 2014, 12:16 PM
I'm not in the US, but believe it or not, here in Uruguay we have lots of .22 ammo. That's why I only have 400 rounds for my 3 22's. And I used to have even less. Because I don't need tons of ammo when I can just go and buy some.
Thanks for sharing your experiences. It makes me wonder if US manufacturers are intentionally depriving the US market in favor of selling overseas just to permanently drive domestic prices up. Who knows, maybe Uruguay will be the next victim of a shortage after US buyers are conditioned into paying triple the prices we once did. I hope that doesn't happen to you but I do suspect market manipulation by the ammo makers.

I can't offer any hope of buying .22 LR in my little town other than the overpriced stuff I just sold to my one local pawn shop.

alfon99
March 24, 2014, 12:47 PM
Thanks for sharing your experiences. It makes me wonder if US manufacturers are intentionally depriving the US market in favor of selling overseas just to permanently drive domestic prices up. Who knows, maybe Uruguay will be the next victim of a shortage after US buyers are conditioned into paying triple the prices we once did. I hope that doesn't happen to you but I do suspect market manipulation by the ammo makers.

I can't offer any hope of buying .22 LR in my little town other than the overpriced stuff I just sold to my one local pawn shop.
Maybe. Here the most common ammo is rimfire. If you go to the gas station (there is no gunshop in this little town) The most common stuff is aguila supermaximum, and remington thunderbolts. There is also plenty of mini-mags and in .22 wmr plenty of maxi-mag. Of course here in the country they have lots of shotgun ammo.

Kleanbore
March 24, 2014, 12:52 PM
Posted by Mike1234567: It makes me wonder if US manufacturers are intentionally depriving the US market in favor of selling overseas just to permanently drive domestic prices up.High demand oversees, if it existed, could lead to lower supplies at home, and therefore to higher prices.

But intentionally "depriving the US market" to drive up prices would not make business sense. Nor would any such price increase be permanent.

.... I do suspect market manipulation by the ammo makers.How so?

A price increase is, and can only be, caused by (1) an increase in demand or a decrease in supply, or (2) higher costs. Should the issue result from lower supplies, that could have to do with one or both of two things: a greater return from using the needed resources to make other products with a higher margin, or shortages of materials. Higher costs would most likely be attributable to hgther material costs, possibly supply driven.

No rational business would ever reduce production solely to increase unit prices, unless the product in question had an unusual price elasticity curve or unless the resources needed were not renewable.

basicblur
March 24, 2014, 02:41 PM
It makes me wonder if US manufacturers are intentionally depriving the US market in favor of selling overseas just to permanently drive domestic prices up.
I love a good ("good" being the operative word) conspiracy theory as much as the next fellow, but back in post 189 I gave 6 reasons why I think we have our current 22LR shortage.

How many other country's shooters are now dumping 22LR thru 22 AR15s as we now are in the U.S.?
In how many other countries are preppers a large and growing market?
Etc....

In my case, 8 months ago I went from having just a brick or two of 22 (just because I didn't have any) to buying a number of 22 firearms and over 60k rds or so, and have provided another 15k or so to friends that also have 22ARs (we all got into 22ARs etc over the last 8 months or so).

Back when I was hunting for 22LR ammo online, I found bricks of 22LR ammo available in Canada, (at good prices) but ya can't ship across the border.

Apparently there was no 22LR ammo shortage in Canada, but they probably don't fit in many / any of the 6 reasons I previously listed?

Mike1234567
March 24, 2014, 06:14 PM
Yeah, I know... I have "trust issues". ;)

Gun Master
March 24, 2014, 07:34 PM
Yeah, I know... I have "trust issues". ;)
Me too.

Or maybe I could just say, " Aw, it's just a coincidence ." or " It's just a normal economical spike ." or "The economy is up, so the price of ammo is too." (all of which has lasted quite some time) or " ....... "ad infinitum.

Or maybe someone, (who really knows what he is talking about, and is not doing double speak, or blowing smoke out of his peace pipe) could give us reasonable answers.

This mess has lasted too long, and needs a qualified in depth investigation with some solid facts and plausible answers.

Is this a good one for the NRA or some other reputable firearms oriented organization?

TennJed
March 24, 2014, 07:44 PM
Me too.

Or maybe I could just say, " Aw, it's just a coincidence ." or " It's just a normal economical spike ." or "The economy is up, so the price of ammo is too." (all of which has lasted quite some time) or " ....... "ad infinitum.

Or maybe someone, (who really knows what he is talking about, and is not doing double speak, or blowing smoke out of his peace pipe) could give us reasonable answers.

This mess has lasted too long, and needs a qualified in depth investigation with some solid facts and plausible answers.

Is this a good one for the NRA or some other reputable firearms oriented organization?

no it would be foolish for the NRA or any other organization to waste resources on what is obvious. Lots more shooters. Lots more guns that holds more rounds and lines and lines of people waiting for stores to open on shipment day.

It is pretty easy concept I don't understand why people can't understand and look to blame boogiemen that don't exist

Gun Master
March 24, 2014, 08:05 PM
:what: Yes, that is the easy way. More guns, more shooters, more, more, more,........

How about the facts, figures, you know,...... investigate. That's means a reasonable study of the situation. I would hate to believe, "All I know is what I read in the newspapers.", like Will Rogers jokingly stated many years ago.

I don't recall seeing this being checked out by a responsible organization. Are we to just sit back and say, "It's just business as usual." ?:confused:

45_auto
March 24, 2014, 08:31 PM

It's not that hard to figure out. Why would anyone need to waste money on an "in-depth investigation"?

In December of 2012, the US had a production capacity of 4.2 billion rounds of .22 annually. That's enough for every single living person in the country, from newborn to one foot in the grave, to buy 3,333 rounds every year. Obviously not every single living person bought 3,333 rounds, so there was plenty for all.

Now thanks to Sandy Hook, Obama, Feinstein, etc, a whole lot more people want .22 ammo. So let's say the ammo companies have doubled capacity, running 2 shifts, etc. Let's say that they are cranking out over twice their previous max, let's say 10,000,000,000 (10 billion) rounds annually.

That means 10,000,000,000 / 12 = 833,000,000 rounds per month

That's 833,000,000 / 4 = 208,333,333 rounds per week.

Wal-Mart has 3,796 Super Centers and Wal-Mart stores in the US. That means that if ALL the .22 ammo went only to Wal-Mart, each store would get:

208,333,333 / 3,796 = 54,000 rounds weekly.

That's about 2 cases (20 "bricks" or 20 "500 round bulk packs") per store per week.

Do you think it's possible that more than 20 people per week come into each Wal Mart looking for a brick of .22 ammo? Heck, around here that many come in the first HOUR every week! They would sell out the first few minutes of the week if they got 100% of DOUBLED annual production capacity.

And I would guess that ammo production capacity has NOT been doubled in the last year (I'm a manufacturing engineer - it takes a LOT longer than people think to expand facilities, acquire equipment, and hire and train employees).

Academy Sports, Cabelas, Dicks, Midway, shooting ranges, local gunshops, etc, all take their cut of the ammo production. I would be VERY surprised if Wal-Mart could corner 25% of production. But if they could, it would mean they would get about 5 bricks per week per store IF they could corner 25% of all .22 ammo. It's going to be a LONG time before demand is met and you see .22 bulk packs sitting on discount store shelves at reasonable prices.

TennJed
March 24, 2014, 08:48 PM
:what: Yes, that is the easy way. More guns, more shooters, more, more, more,........

How about the facts, figures, you know,...... investigate. That's means a reasonable study of the situation. I would hate to believe, "All I know is what I read in the newspapers.", like Will Rogers jokingly stated many years ago.

I don't recall seeing this being checked out by a responsible organization. Are we to just sit back and say, "It's just business as usual." ?:confused:
Well it is simple math. Explain to me how, when the number of shooters rises dramatically in a short period of time along with the previous gun owners buying more do to panic, that wouldn't result in more consumption and stocking up? Again it is pretty simple, basic math.

Vodoun da Vinci
March 24, 2014, 09:37 PM
I have a couple of good friends in Scotland and we converse weekly. One is ex military and a sharpshooter...he has a little range and shoots .22lr. We were talking about me wanting to buy a H&K MP5 A5 .22 and I told him my greatest worry was not being able to feed it enough to really enjoy shooting it.

Apparently there is no shortage of .22lr anywhere in Scotland or Europe in general and it is common.

Maybe we should try and get some shipped to the US? I wonder how much I could bring back if I go for a visit?

VooDoo

Gun Master
March 24, 2014, 09:40 PM
I don't know where the documentation for the figures in post # 226 came from, but if it is correct, that's a lot of ammo, and where is it? This would support the need for a responsible inquiry.

Did you read posts # 217 & 219 ? Apparently there is plenty of .22 ammo in Uruguay.

Typically, Americans have not been afraid to ask questions, nor should they be discouraged from doing so.

Inquiring minds want to know, "Why can't I buy a box of .22 ammo ?"

RetiredUSNChief
March 24, 2014, 09:56 PM
I don't know where the documentation for the figures in post # 226 came from, but if it is correct, that's a lot of ammo, and where is it? This would support the need for a responsible inquiry.

No need for an inquiry. I can tell you EXACTLY where it's all at!

I've got it all stashed in a secret cave that only I know where it is!

"It's mine, you understand! Mine! All mine!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PjB9jlDvUNM

:neener:

Gun Master
March 24, 2014, 10:15 PM
OK, Chief ! I'll say it. "Uncle." You got me.

TennJed
March 24, 2014, 10:22 PM

Did you read posts # 217 & 219 ? Apparently there is plenty of .22 ammo in Uruguay.

Typically, Americans have not been afraid to ask questions, nor should they be discouraged from doing so.

Inquiring minds want to know, "Why can't I buy a box of .22 ammo ?"
with all do respect did you read the actual post in # 226. That is not really a lot of ammo. If ALL OF THE 22lr made would only supply walmart with 20 bricks a week (that is only 20 500rd boxes)? That is no other stores, no online merchants. Just Walmart and only 20 bricks (boxes) a week. Does that sound like a lot to you? Everyone I know is "on the lookout" for 22 because of this panic the BUYERS have created. Everybody I know will pick up a brick if they see it on the shelf for normal prices

Again, it is simple math, that is NOT a lot of ammo for the current buying market. Uruguay has a plenty of ammo for Uruguay's shooting habits. The poster that made the comment has 400 rounds and to him that is enough. That is not enough for a Saturday afternoon for a lot of people here.

Let do this the other way. Tell me how 5-20(boxes) bricks of 22lr per week is enough to supply all the people trying to buy it. How many people do you think ask the gun counter clerk in walmart if there is any 22? less than 5 people a week?

Simple math

JohnKSa
March 24, 2014, 10:26 PM
...that's a lot of ammo, and where is it? This would support the need for a responsible inquiry.The figures are correct based on the research I've done.

The post you quoted explains very clearly where it's going and why there's no need for a responsible inquiry. The facts are plain. Even with the production doubled, it clearly takes very little effort on the part of the buying public to empty the supply chain as fast as it fills which ensures the shelves stay bare.

Until people calm down and stop promoting/prolonging the panic by spreading/repeating nutty conspiracy theories, things are not going to get better.

alfon99
March 24, 2014, 11:00 PM
Uruguay has a plenty of ammo for Uruguay's shooting habits. The poster that made the comment has 400 rounds and to him that is enough. That is not enough for a Saturday afternoon for a lot of people here.
Yeah, You're right about shooting habits. There is a lot of ammo because people don't buy much and it just piles up.

Mike1234567
March 24, 2014, 11:43 PM
Assuming 4.2 billion rds production per year is correct and every man, woman and child in the USA bought equal amounts of ammo then we could all buy about 13 rounds each.:)

4,200,000,000 / 320,000,000 = 13.125

SFreed
March 25, 2014, 12:16 AM
And 45 Auto has it. There really isn't anything else to it. No conspiracy, not because the government bought it all, not even because the manufacturers aren't making it. Anybody want to bet how many people in Uruguay or Scotland are sitting on 15,000 rounds? Probably not many. That's the problem we're facing now.

Orion8472
March 25, 2014, 12:27 PM
This morning, I wasn't feeling well, so went to get some Tussin DM. I decided to go over to the ammo counter [~7:00 am they put it out], and there was this old man who "is there all the time and has had 600K rounds at one time" was in line first. They brought out some M-22 boxes [1,000 each], and he got three of them. The other people ahead of me cleaned out the rest of the .22lr ammo. I left with nothing.

So, . . . if it is a matter of "being fair", how could they still allow "3 per box of .22lr" when it is a 1,000 round box? If it comes to large boxes of ammo, I would think that they wouldn't allow one person to buy 3 of them. I can see limiting them to one per customer, and 2 of another smaller box.

Just a small rant, really. I have enough for my purposes, but when I saw that, and when there was nothing left, I was a bit miffed.

I sure do wish that .22lr would become more plentiful soon so people don't show up in the mornings and take it all [those who have nothing else to do but show up at stores early]. Some of us still work for a living.

texasgun
March 25, 2014, 12:31 PM
And wanna bet that these 3k of 22LR are for sale on gunbroker 1hr after he bought them?

Plan2Live
March 25, 2014, 12:40 PM
The policy on how they handle that scenario varies store by store. The store I usually hit wouldn't allow that. The usual clerk would have insisted that such a large quantity be shared. But then our usual group is comprised of ladies and gentlemen. Every person in our usual group has stepped aside and let "newbies" go first or taken less so others could get some too. But again, we are a civil group.

I went in late one night and has an opportunity to buy 3 boxes of M-22 (would that be a cinder block in .22 lingo?) but only bought 1. I went back mid-morning the next day and they still had 2 left so I took one more. Karma will come back to you.

Dirty Bob
March 25, 2014, 12:42 PM
For me, .22LR has become a great gift for fellow gunnies. I tipped my friendly independent FFL 200 rounds of Remington after a recent transaction he helped with.

It is loosening up, a bit. I don't think the shortage can last forever

Regards,
Dirty Bob

medalguy
March 25, 2014, 01:08 PM
The shortage will last as long as old guys are standing in line, every morning, at any store to buy their "allotment" of ammo. When people stop buying at inflated prices on GB and elsewhere, production will match demand and prices will fall. Until then, capitalism rules.

Mike1234567
March 25, 2014, 01:54 PM
For me, .22LR has become a great gift for fellow gunnies. I tipped my friendly independent FFL 200 rounds of Remington after a recent transaction he helped with.

It is loosening up, a bit. I don't think the shortage can last forever

Regards,
Dirty BobI tipped mine a 525 round brick of CCI Blazer.:D

Gun Master
March 25, 2014, 02:17 PM
This discussion is good! I believe most will agree the reason for the above is hoarding in the US. There seems to be no problem in Canada, Scotland, Western Europe, and Uruguay, from the reports on this thread.

Hoarding is the most logical answer.

Right ?:)

Ignition Override
March 25, 2014, 02:55 PM
Orion8472:
But what a life they have during retirement, waking up during sunrise and driving to Walmart several days a week.

Such a nice reward after a life of working.
May those sad old guys enjoy their retirement at the cash register. They probably can't even hit a target using iron sights.

Mike1234567
March 25, 2014, 05:26 PM
The flippers aren't "sad old guys". They're jerks of various ages. If they'd bought when finding ammo was easy and sold now for profit then fine. But to buy in times of crisis to make a quick buck is not fine in my book.

I hope this post doesn't get me another infraction but this is how I feel about flippers.

Sam Cade
March 25, 2014, 05:41 PM
Post #226 by Member 45_auto is a beautiful thing. :cool:

basicblur
March 25, 2014, 06:08 PM
But what a life they have during retirement, waking up during sunrise...
Huh?
I often don't go to bed before sunrise.

And yes, retirement is the life! :D

Gun Master
March 25, 2014, 06:41 PM
If the ammo manufacturers are going 24/7, and can't keep up the supply (including the hoarders, scalpers, etc.), it seems at least three possibilities may result :
1. Existing "Big Name" US ammo companies expand facilities.
2. New US ammo companies are formed.
3. Foreign ammo companies, existing and new, try to fill the gap.

Other viewers may have other ideas.

Please don't make negative comments, unless you have possible solutions. Let's let everybody have their say. It's just plain fair play, American and otherwise.

RussB
March 25, 2014, 07:27 PM
It's not that hard to figure out. Why would anyone need to waste money on an "in-depth investigation"?

In December of 2012, the US had a production capacity of 4.2 billion rounds of .22 annually. That's enough for every single living person in the country, from newborn to one foot in the grave, to buy 3,333 rounds every year. Obviously not every single living person bought 3,333 rounds, so there was plenty for all.

Now thanks to Sandy Hook, Obama, Feinstein, etc, a whole lot more people want .22 ammo. So let's say the ammo companies have doubled capacity, running 2 shifts, etc. Let's say that they are cranking out over twice their previous max, let's say 10,000,000,000 (10 billion) rounds annually.

That means 10,000,000,000 / 12 = 833,000,000 rounds per month

That's 833,000,000 / 4 = 208,333,333 rounds per week.

Wal-Mart has 3,796 Super Centers and Wal-Mart stores in the US. That means that if ALL the .22 ammo went only to Wal-Mart, each store would get:

208,333,333 / 3,796 = 54,000 rounds weekly.

That's about 2 cases (20 "bricks" or 20 "500 round bulk packs") per store per week.

Do you think it's possible that more than 20 people per week come into each Wal Mart looking for a brick of .22 ammo? Heck, around here that many come in the first HOUR every week! They would sell out the first few minutes of the week if they got 100% of DOUBLED annual production capacity.

And I would guess that ammo production capacity has NOT been doubled in the last year (I'm a manufacturing engineer - it takes a LOT longer than people think to expand facilities, acquire equipment, and hire and train employees).

Academy Sports, Cabelas, Dicks, Midway, shooting ranges, local gunshops, etc, all take their cut of the ammo production. I would be VERY surprised if Wal-Mart could corner 25% of production. But if they could, it would mean they would get about 5 bricks per week per store IF they could corner 25% of all .22 ammo. It's going to be a LONG time before demand is met and you see .22 bulk packs sitting on discount store shelves at reasonable prices.
54,000 rounds is actually just shy of 11 cases (5k per case)

108 brick per week per Walmart

JohnKSa
March 26, 2014, 12:44 AM
If the ammo manufacturers are going 24/7, and can't keep up the supply (including the hoarders, scalpers, etc.), it seems at least three possibilities may result :
1. Existing "Big Name" US ammo companies expand facilities.
2. New US ammo companies are formed.
3. Foreign ammo companies, existing and new, try to fill the gap.None of these possibilities are real world/practical options as long as the demand spike is perceived to be temporary in nature.

No big name company is going to expand facilities knowing that when the demand spike goes away they will have to idle the expansion instead of being able to sell enough ammo to recoup the expansion costs.

No new companies will form based on temporary demand because the startup costs need to be amortized against the predicted sales. If the demand is perceived to be temporary, it would be financial suicide to start a company (a relatively permanent entity requiring permanent facilities and expensive specialized equipment) to meet a demand you expect to go away.

More or less the same deal with the foreign companies although, perhaps, to a lesser extent. They might be able to up production using temporary measures, as the domestic producers have done--in fact, it's likely that they have already done so. But past a point, they're in the same boat as the domestic producers. Expanding past a point requires significant investment--investment that would be suicidal if the demand that it's designed to meet goes away shortly after the investment is made.108 brick per week per WalmartRight. However, Wal-Mart is not the only company selling ammunition--not by a long shot.

There are easily another 1,000 big name sporting good store locations (Dicks, Cabelas, Gander Mountain, Bass Pro, Academy Sports, etc.) that sell ammunition as well as a number of high-volume online sellers.

There are also something like 60,000 FFLs in the U.S., of which at least a third (probably much more) sell ammunition.

What it amounts to is that the .22LR ammo made gets distributed to something like 25,000 ammo retailers--using very conservative estimates. When you do the math, it's easy to see why it only takes a relatively few determined people to keep the supply chain from refilling the shelves once they're empty.

If you enjoyed reading about ".22lr MEGATHREAD" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!