Loading Tube for 22 cal rifles

PDA

WALKERs210
March 3, 2014, 11:43 PM
Ok I expect that this is not the first time someone found this out but here goes. While digging thru the console of car I found garbage that is typical but also found oversize drinking straws. Cleaned the junk out and for some reason the straws looked like they might actually hold 22cal shells. Well what do you know they did, I used a lighter to heat one end and crimped it then loaded as many shells as would fit (no I didn't count) placed a small piece of tape over the other end. When ready to load into your tube type 22cal rifle just pull tape and turn the tube up. Worked fine, I am going to search for longer straws or a way to join two or more of them for a higher count magazine just to see if California will mark them as being excessive.

If you enjoyed reading about "Loading Tube for 22 cal rifles" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
rcmodel
March 3, 2014, 11:53 PM
Try the hardware store for thin-wall tygon nylon tubing.

You can make one long enough to hold a 50-round box and wrap it around your neck twice if you want too.

Also, K&S brass tubing assortments there too if you want hard & stiff tubes.

rc

WALKERs210
March 4, 2014, 06:06 AM
thanks for info.

Bull Nutria
March 4, 2014, 06:39 AM
Commercial speed loader has 8 holes in circle hold 15- 22lr each about $20 called a speed y loader bought 2 from cabelas I think great for loading empty mag tube fast!!

Bull

Outlaw Man
March 4, 2014, 03:42 PM
Cool idea. Kind of reminds me of the old muzzle loader days where you'd bite the end off a paper cartridge and pour it down the barrel.

Just don't use a ramrod. ;)

Milkmaster
March 5, 2014, 02:45 PM
BULL is correct! I have the Spee D Loader I bought for my tube fed rifle. I load it ahead of time and just store some ammo in it until I am ready to go shooting. Makes for a good bug out/grab quick ammo box item. Everyone I show it to at the range goes and buys one for themselves it seems. Mine is rugged and holds a lot of ammo. I haven't ever sought any sales commission, but maybe I should :)

http://www.spee-d-loader.net/Loaders.html

If you enjoyed reading about "Loading Tube for 22 cal rifles" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!