Twins or G-36???

PDA

ddj8052
April 2, 2004, 01:08 AM
Lately I have been considering another Glock. I just sold my G-27 due to the fact that it feels fatter than my 23 and have never really liked it. Don't ask why as I really do not have a good reason. Although I guess it would be that it is simply not as small as I would really like. Anyways, I have a G-23 that I have for home defense. It stays in a fast action gun safe with a M3 tactical light mounted to it. I have a bunch of leather for it, but because the light is on it I never consider carring it. As I have the bug for a new Glock I am considering simply buying a new G-23. Is that crazy? That would give me two of the exact same gun. On the plus side I already have a bunch of leather for a second gun, and if one ever goes down I will have a back up. On the other hand, I really would like to get a G-36. I like the feel of that slim line Glock. It is only a fraction of an inch smaller than the G-23 so I wonder if any of the same leather would work for it. I would really like some help in deciding which way to go. Please do not turn this in to a Glock stinks thread. I happen to really like my Glock. Please help me decide. New Gun or same gun all over again. Thanks Juan

If you enjoyed reading about "Twins or G-36???" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
BUSTER
April 2, 2004, 07:23 AM
juan, i have shot both and the 36 is a small conceal gun with a small magazine,most people i know that own glocks buy them for hi capacity magazines and reliable feeding for ccw. i dont think i would buy the same gun , maybe same caliber for ammo & magazine interchange. if i remember right the internal parts (34??) are pretty much set up for part swapping already. good luck with your choice .

jrpeterman
April 2, 2004, 07:29 AM
Seeing how you already have all the goodies for the G-23, I would opt for another one for carry. You have 10 rounds vs. 6, and not much difference in concealability. By the way, I happen to have 2 G-23s and 1 G-19 because I prefer the compact size the best, and they all use the same size holsters and mag holders. Just my $ .02.

Preacherman
April 2, 2004, 07:55 AM
I'd go for the second G23. There are several reasons:

1. Commonality of accessories (holster, M3, etc.).

2. If you have a fully legitimate, justified defensive shooting, the cops will congratulate you - and then take your weapon for anwhere from six months to four years, for forensic investigation and evidence. What are you going to use in the meantime? It's good to have a second example of the same gun, using the same accessories, so that you're back up to speed immediately.

3. The G36 can't accept an accessory like the M3. If your G23 is unserviceable or unavailable for some reason, you couldn't mount the light on the G36 - so go for something that will accept it.

I have two of every gun that I rely on for carry. Worthwhile, IMHO.

Lobotomy Boy
April 2, 2004, 08:25 AM
I see you've posted the same question on Glock Talk, but if you haven't read this thread, check it out:

http://www.glocktalk.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=234554

One argument for getting a different gun is that you should probably be taking your safe queen out for a workout every now and then to make sure everything is working properly. If it's not guarding your home while you're out shooting, well, you won't be there to use it anyways so it won't be a big deal. As for the light, isn't it a fairly simple operation to remove it when you take the gun to the range and replace it when you return home?

tc300mag1
April 2, 2004, 08:53 AM
I would just get a second .. then you can go into battel one in each hand...lol

I dont care for super mini anything 23 is smaller but not that bad them super small ones Recoil is lot stouter on and not as enjoyable to shoot ..i prefer to pratice a lot with what ever i carry.

cratz2
April 2, 2004, 12:33 PM
If you're already set up for the G23, and you didn't like the G27, I'd probably pick up either a G19, a G32 or another G23... All your accessories (other than mags with the G19) will work... I guess I'd just personally rather have another cartridge alternative.

Jim PHL
April 2, 2004, 06:08 PM
How about a full size .40 (G22?) Still the same ergonomics but maybe a little tamer for the range. Still common ammo and full size mags can be used in the 23 but not vice-versa. God forbid you do lose your 23 to an evidence locker, the full-size is not that much more to carry.

seeker_two
April 3, 2004, 04:36 PM
If you don't want to go smaller, why not go larger? (http://www.glock.com/g35.htm) ....

http://www.glock.com/g34.jpg

You could use it as a competition pistol, HD pistol, and turn it into an uber-tactical pistol for those "high-speed" operations.... :cool:

Just a thought...

dastardly-D
April 3, 2004, 05:19 PM
Hello ! The G-36 is noticibly thinner than your old 27,just slightly longer. IMO the 36 really doesn't kick all that much and is very easy to carry concealed.Don't call it a 6 shooter,don't forget that one up the tube !One thing to consider is if you are tall or short.Wearing an IWB holster next to your belt buckle ,if you are short or heavy,will give you a case of the rubs if you don't have enough clearance.I'm 5'10'' with a fair size belly.The 36 fits just fine standing,but it would help if that belly wasn't there when I sit,or if I was an inch taller.----It's always your choice for what you buy ! Good Luck............

denfoote
April 4, 2004, 04:40 AM
Get the Glock 36!!!! :D

Despite what people say, the G36 is a great little gun!!!

Thinner than the G36, it carries better.

It's about the same size as the G19 and packs a bigger punch!!!!

If you enjoyed reading about "Twins or G-36???" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!