I'm such a kid

PDA

WestKentucky
March 5, 2014, 12:25 AM
Each new gun gets me giddy like a kid on his first date. I can't wait to sling lead. It seems now that the lack of patience and abnormal excitement is growing. I was just as excited today when I got home and had 2 sets of dies in the porch.

If you enjoyed reading about "I'm such a kid" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
grubbylabs
March 5, 2014, 01:06 AM
Yup I feel ya. Just ordered a DPMS G2 Recon this morning and can't wait till it gets here.

Last Saturday I picked up my wife's 38 (Smith and Wesson 442) and had to go right away to get dies for it.

200Apples
March 5, 2014, 05:05 AM
I have a few nice examples of iconic firearms... also have a deposit on a "Right Arm of the Free World"... but the piece I anticipated the most, it seems, was the lever-action .22 magnum I just put into the safe. What a sweet lil' varmint-getter!

A friend of mine keeps asking me, "Hey! What's my favorite gun?" I reply, "I dunno! What is it?"

"My NEXT one!" he says... hee!

:-)

Hardtarget
March 6, 2014, 09:09 PM
I'm right there with you. I ordered an AR from model1Sales. Yesterday I got an E-mail to let me know my rifle build is ready to start. Maybe a week to ten days...we'll see. I am already getting antsey! I don't get "goofy" about much but my wife almost can't stay in the same room with me. ;)

Mark

cat_IT_guy
March 6, 2014, 09:26 PM
Me too. I got in my long awaited AR 15 upper, BCG & (missing) charging handle, flip up sights, and Primary Arms 2.5x sight. My wife says I look like a little kid unwrapping and assembling the pieces. Was really hoping to sight in and shoot some steel this weekend, but guess I will have to be patient for another week while PSA finds my charging handle. Patience is not my strong suit.

Ky Larry
March 7, 2014, 03:18 PM
I got 1,000 55gr 6mm bullets in the mail today. Made me feel good. Now I can start feeding my new Ruger American .243.:D

km101
March 7, 2014, 04:22 PM
It doesn't even have to be a gun to get me going! I got my long-awaited B/O of 10K SPP, and 5K SRP from UPS yesterday! I am happy as a kid with a new toy. I have several loading projects planned that can now get underway!

22-rimfire
March 8, 2014, 09:13 AM
Each new gun gets me giddy like a kid on his first date. I can't wait to sling lead. It seems now that the lack of patience and abnormal excitement is growing. I was just as excited today when I got home and had 2 sets of dies in the porch.

Keep the feeling. It's wonderful.

My standard feelings are initially "regret and concern" and yeah, a little giddy. It's a natural high. If you would look into the mirror, you'd probably see that your pupils are slightly dialated.

After the intial buying surge early in my life when every gun was carefully chosen, I shifted to more of a spontaneous approach to buying which is why I have the "regret or concern" feelings following my splurge/purchase. I'm not really built like this, but I do it mostly because it is precisely opposite to my normal personality. That makes it a thrill so to speak.

I haven't made many mistakes doing this. I have pretty good instincts on the stuff that I am not familiar with the pricing and pay attention to the market on the stuff I am very interested in. I do purchase a Blue Book every other year now. Used to buy a copy each year if that gives you any idea of my interest. The book is getting too expensive for casual looks on values for me now. Plus, there are the forums now and the various auction sites to do some price or cost searching these days. It didn't used to be like that.

If you enjoyed reading about "I'm such a kid" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!