'14 Ruger Vaquero question

PDA

ivankerley
March 5, 2014, 02:07 PM
Noticed that ruger is putting wood grips on them now. Anybody handled one or seen one in person? Dunno what to think about them, i was always fond of the black checkered ones. :(
Gene

If you enjoyed reading about "'14 Ruger Vaquero question" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
BobWright
March 5, 2014, 02:17 PM
Don't think they are wood. The Bisley Model that i saw had "rosewood" grips. These are a birch laminate, stained to a rosey color, and impregnted with some type of plastic.

Any similarity of these to real wood grips is purely intentional.

Bob Wright

ivankerley
March 5, 2014, 02:29 PM
what i thought too when i looked at the picture, cant say i care for them though i believ they say hardwood grips, maybe like you described though
Thanks
Gene

CraigC
March 5, 2014, 07:14 PM
They're better than plastic and at least shaped better than the old factory wood grips. Not quite as objectionable while you're saving your pennies for custom grips. ;)

ivankerley
March 5, 2014, 07:39 PM
Thanks Craig C, I actually kinda like the previous black checkered ones, might be If the newer ones were a bit darker, I have the same complaint about my cimarron, either way it ain't a deal breaker and I'm hoping to get a vaquero this year...
Thanks guys
Gene

If you enjoyed reading about "'14 Ruger Vaquero question" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!