How long have you used your gun belt?

PDA

beeenbag
March 6, 2014, 05:10 PM
I have been using my bull hide gun belt everyday for over 5 years now. It is "shaped" to my profile and as of late, I think its vertical stiffness is fading. This is hard for me to determine because it was so long ago when I bought it, but it seems it is allowing a little sag. This could all be in my head but seems I remember it being a lot stiffer before.

So what belt do you wear and how long have you used it?

If you enjoyed reading about "How long have you used your gun belt?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
hq
March 7, 2014, 03:39 AM
28 years this spring. Well worn can't even begin to describe it and it sags like there's no tomorrow, but it's comfortable and still quite usable. I've give some thought to using its distinctive bobcat buckle in another belt but I haven't got the heart to break it.

herrwalther
March 7, 2014, 06:12 PM
5 years as a gun belt and another 5 on top of that as a daily non carry belt. It has a little sag "dip" where my firearm sits. Still has plenty of vertical stiffness when accounting for the softness leather develops when used.

bigfatdave
March 7, 2014, 09:03 PM
BeltMan basic bullhide belt since 2009.

No, mine isn't sagging.
Yes, it has taken a contour.

I treat it with Obenauf's ... maybe once a year or so

1911 guy
March 8, 2014, 08:56 PM
Ten years on a Wilderness Instructor 5 stitch.

beeenbag
March 8, 2014, 09:32 PM
is that instructor five stitch a pretty stiff belt? I have been looking at them and wonder how they compare to a good leather belt.

1911 guy
March 10, 2014, 02:02 AM
I gave up on leather belts after trying a Wilderness 5-stitch. Don't get me wrong, I've had some good belts that have lasted a long time and I've been happy with them. But after buying a Wilderness, I'll never go back. Stiffness that is just right (bends easily around your waist but impossible to roll top to bottom), exact adjustment, not just holes every 3/4 inch, costs less than a quality leather gunbelt, lasts longer, it's a hands down winner.

Yes, it is stiff. I can only speak to the 1 1/2" wide 5 stitch model, but it has carried a fullsize 1911, two reloads, flashlight, knife and cell phone with no problems. Grabbing the belt in your hand and trying to compress it top to bottom, roll the edges toward one another, just results in finger pain and "dang, that's stiff".

OpticsPlanet
March 25, 2014, 12:33 PM
Galco SB2, six years with a Glock 36, so maybe a little lighter than some of the handguns carried. Holding up like a champ.

Mark H.

GLShooter
April 3, 2014, 08:04 PM
34 years on a Bianchi pistol belt. It has been through hell and back.

Greg

possum
April 4, 2014, 12:19 AM
Ares Ranger belt. I have had it for about three years and have carried with it daily and have used it in all the training courses, and range sessions that I have attended in the last three years.

Al Thompson
April 4, 2014, 07:27 AM
Ten years on a Wilderness Instructor 5 stitch.

Another vote for this belt. Have two, one since 2008. Very happy with them. :)

Sam1911
April 4, 2014, 08:04 AM
Wilderness Instructor with stiffener, going on about 7 years now. Four or five years daily wear.

My current daily wear gunbelt is one made by a friend who's a holster maker and it is wearing beautifully, but only has about 3 years on it.

zoom6zoom
April 4, 2014, 09:41 AM
I'm not sure exactly how long I've been wearing my Beltman (daily carrying a SIG229), but I've renewed my CHP twice since getting it. Still in great shape!

About to order another from him in a different color. Not that I need one, but how better to thank a guy who makes a product so good you never have to replace it?

EmbarkChief
April 4, 2014, 11:33 AM
A few months shy of 10 years daily carry on my Alessi. Figure 1-2 years BHP w/spare mag and 8 years of Stainless Commander 1911 w/2 spare mags. With that said it is pretty worn. All the stiffness is gone and it looks like hell. I'll probably replace it this year.

Spats McGee
April 4, 2014, 12:08 PM
Aker B21, about 3.5 years, still holding up well. DeSantis Econobelt, a couple of months, good support, but long-term utility = TBD.

Yo Mama
April 4, 2014, 01:14 PM
Had my first Wilderness Explorer Instructor belt worn daily for 8 years. I had the velcro restiched 2 times, only a few bucks and I'm local to the company. The belt would have no doubt lasted another 8 years but I've grown. I'm still a pretty slim dude, but it was enough to need a larger size.

I went and got another, different color, but still a Wilderness Explorer.

For work, nicer dress, I have a Galco unfinished leather belt, and have been wearing it for the last year. Very comfortable and classy.

gunsablazin
April 4, 2014, 01:23 PM
I wear a Dillon leather gun belt, it's at least 12 years old. doesn't look like I'll ever need a new one either, it's very heavy duty. I'm a Dillon press fanboy too!

Welding Rod
April 6, 2014, 03:53 PM
My Bianchi went for about 20 years. Still a fine belt, but I got a little too fat for it. Got a Galco SB6 recently and it looks to be even a finer belt.

The Lone Haranguer
April 6, 2014, 05:40 PM
Beltman since 2006. Not every day and not always as a gun belt, but it has not degraded in any way.

Deltaboy
April 6, 2014, 07:04 PM
5 years and my field carry rig is over 20 years old but it is an Old army harness and field belt.

Drail
April 9, 2014, 04:31 AM
Ernie Hill Speedleather belt bought in 1990. It will still be quite usable long after I am gone.:D

If you enjoyed reading about "How long have you used your gun belt?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!