Gun Safe Shelves and Rifle Rack

PDA

SkinnyGrey
March 11, 2014, 03:46 AM
My safe came with one measly shelf and the rifle racks are too high for most of my rifles. I was hoping someone could tell me if there was a place I could buy shelves and racks for my safe. If not, then maybe a site which would tell me how to make my own. Many thanks in advance.

If you enjoyed reading about "Gun Safe Shelves and Rifle Rack" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
tiamat
March 14, 2014, 12:53 PM
What kind of safe? and I take it they aren't adjustable?

Most safe's that I've seen just use 1/2"-3/4" particle board covered with carpet/fabric. Shouldn't be too hard to craft your own with a jigsaw and staple gun (or some glue).

Alternatively, you could install a false bottom in your safe to effectively raise your rifles up so that they can reach the rack.

foxtail207
March 31, 2014, 10:43 PM
I put a 2x4 on one side of my safe bottom to sit my shorter rifles on, but I only have 3 that need it. The false bottom would be better for more shorties.

jinxer3006
April 4, 2014, 07:22 PM
Another option would be to pick up some wooden dowel rods to drop down the barrels to "extend" the barrels.

Just a thought.

Ohen Cepel
April 4, 2014, 07:26 PM
If you need more room (someday you likely will) these are great since you can take out the racks which take up valuable room:
http://www.amazon.com/Gun-Storage-Solutions-Starter-19-Inch/dp/B00570T3R4

Can make a shelf out of plywood. Spray glue it and cover in cloth to match the safe. One up high for thin/long items is nice and creates more useable space.

a1abdj
April 4, 2014, 07:37 PM
Use a shelf beneath the rifle rack to adjust the new "floor" to the proper height for your rifles. Use the space beneath it for additional storage.

Looking for Knowledge
April 27, 2014, 10:26 AM
A simple shelf/stand is a good idea. Ammo or accessories underneath FTW. I might do that myself.

If you enjoyed reading about "Gun Safe Shelves and Rifle Rack" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!