Heritage Mfg. Rough Riders .22 vs Puma .22 Revolvers

PDA

Gun Master
March 11, 2014, 07:49 PM
I thought I had previously seen a thread comparing the Rough Riders vs Puma .22 frontier styled revolvers, but UTL.

Which is better?

If you enjoyed reading about "Heritage Mfg. Rough Riders .22 vs Puma .22 Revolvers" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
rule303
March 11, 2014, 08:30 PM
Neither is a top quality gun, but both will work for their intended purpose. The Heritage has better fit and finish. On the Puma/Chiappa the firing pin can overtravel and turn past its detent, jamming the cylinder. Not a problem if you never dry fire the gun, but I have had several customers bring them back for the issue.

CajunBass
March 11, 2014, 09:44 PM
I've never even seen a Puma, but I had a Rough Rider for a while. While it's not Ruger or a Smith & Wesson quality, it's quite adequate. The one I had shot just fine, and looked rather nice I thought.

I eventually sold it, but there was nothing wrong with the gun.

MedWheeler
March 11, 2014, 10:20 PM
I've never seen a Puma, either. But, I love my HRR. Probably the most-pleasantly surprising gun I've found myself shooting. Especially for what they go for.

If you enjoyed reading about "Heritage Mfg. Rough Riders .22 vs Puma .22 Revolvers" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!