Multiple handgun safe, simplex type lock

PDA

SwissArmyDad
March 17, 2014, 04:08 PM
As the title states, I'm looking for a multiple handgun safe that has a simplex-style lock. I'm seeing a few on Amazon, but nothing that seems to be large enough.

I'm looking for something that'll hold at least 3-6 guns, that opens from the top, rather than the front.

Thanks for any recommendations. :cool:

If you enjoyed reading about "Multiple handgun safe, simplex type lock" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
FAS1
March 18, 2014, 08:06 PM
I don't think this is exactly what you have in mind, but it can hold a few handguns. The FAS1-MAX XL is the same, but 2" longer.

FAS1-MAX Video Clip (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJncwr925Jc&list=TLDlb3jFcsj9nJqzq4uqPejtzzvqOCFRqW)

Peter M. Eick
March 20, 2014, 06:17 PM
I put my two routine carry guns in a FAS safe. Works great.

SwissArmyDad
April 7, 2014, 01:51 PM
Having done a bit of research online, and spent some time in Local shops, I think I'm actually going to end up with a FAS1, as you mentioned.

I didn't really know about them until recently. They're spendy, but seem very much worth the price due to their use of a Simplex lock, quality steel, and some nice features like the carpeted interior, holster for a weapon-light equipped gun, and a bit of extra room for a 2nd handgun and/or an extra mag or two.

Peter M. Eick
April 7, 2014, 08:10 PM
I agree, I did not hear about them much but once I saw what they offered and read a few comments I bought one and love it. Now I try to let folks know that they are a neat option that works well.

If you enjoyed reading about "Multiple handgun safe, simplex type lock" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!