Video-Goonsgunworks 51 mods test

PDA

brushhippie
March 21, 2014, 08:27 AM
I tried to get everything he did in the video...of course I missed some...he also lightened the mainspring and took the creep out of the trigger...you wouldnt believe the difference in this revolver! He will be getting the rest of mine for treatment very soon! Check out the fanning action! If you watch the fanning bit you can see it slingin the caps out the side.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fBBYlfIjSo4&list=UU4keAx4qZJL907szrouTFfA&feature=share

If you enjoyed reading about "Video-Goonsgunworks 51 mods test" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
ivankerley
March 21, 2014, 08:49 AM
pretty slick, great video nice looking pistol too
on your 12 gr charge do you use a filler?
Gene

Crawdad1
March 21, 2014, 09:02 AM
I always enjoy your videos. Its always great stuff and thanks once again for your time and effort.

brushhippie
March 21, 2014, 10:10 AM
No Sir Ivan thats just 12 grains of the screen powder...I was actually a little surprised it shot better with a full load..which is around 16 grains.

ivankerley
March 21, 2014, 12:29 PM
thanks brush hippie, just realized it's a .36 ain't it?
gene

DoubleDeuce 1
March 21, 2014, 12:53 PM
I really enjoyed your video! Thanks for making it. The 1851 is one of my favorites.:cool:

brushhippie
March 21, 2014, 03:05 PM
Yes Sir Gene...(sorry) it is a .36...thanks fellers glad you enjoyed it!

44 Dave
March 21, 2014, 03:14 PM
Loved your video.
Best shooting you can get with an open top, aren't they wonderful handling and pointing guns!
I have most of those mods. on my '51, I may have to try that fanning at least once.
I did have to replace the hand spring last night, think I got it right, but will shoot it some before trying anything fancy.

Big D
March 21, 2014, 04:08 PM
Do you have contact info for goons? Might have to send my '51 Pietta to him.

Big D
March 21, 2014, 04:10 PM
Nevermind.....got the email from the video lol. What did those mods run you? Just a question for other Pietta '51 Navy guys. I've had mine about 10-12 years and the cylinder spins extremely easy like hand or bolt is wearing out.....any suggestions?

1KPerDay
March 21, 2014, 04:22 PM
email at end of video: goonsgunworks at gmail dot com

I'd like to know how much this rework costs if possible. Looks really slick.

44 Dave
March 24, 2014, 08:56 PM
Got to thank 45 Dragoon for all of the advice and you Brushy for giving me the intensive to fan the '51.
The .36 had 18 gr. FFF behind it, did know how close one point they hit but from the snow flying up I tended to aim low. I guess I was trying not to raise the barrel when I fanned the hammer back.
Kinda waste of powder and lead but fun once in a while with a gun that I know is set up to handle it.

brushhippie
March 25, 2014, 08:40 AM
I never really had aspirations to do it...but it is fun!! :D

Big D
March 25, 2014, 10:55 AM
I attempted to contact Mike at goonsgunwork@gmail.com, but have yet to get a response. Is this the primary form of communication for him?

brushhippie
March 25, 2014, 04:14 PM
His computer has been down and all he has had is his cell...hes also working 7 days a week right now but he is supposed to have his laptop back very soon....He will get with ya I gare own tee! You need to add an "S" to the end of that also goonsgunworks at g mail dot com

45 Dragoon
March 28, 2014, 06:45 AM
Big D, you may need a new spring or it may finely be where it should be. These guns come with high tension in the springs and need to be adjusted anyway.
Thanks for your interest in the vid., brushy is right about my computer. I also had waaay too many hours the last 2 wks at the reg. job !!! (I'd rather be a gun doctor !!!!)

45 Dragoon

joe88xj
March 31, 2014, 06:51 PM
Great video!

If you enjoyed reading about "Video-Goonsgunworks 51 mods test" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!