Trouble posting threads

PDA

Deavis
April 3, 2004, 01:31 AM
Whenever I go to post a thread, THR asks me to log on. I do, but by the time I finish typing, say a minute or two, I hit submit and it asks me to login again. When I login, it takes me to a page saying "no forum specified. So I have to post really quickly, or login twice and hope hitting refresh works. What gives, is this a security thing on the site? Perhaps my browser is doing something funny? I enabled cookies and took this site off the privacy list. Any help would be appreciated.

If you enjoyed reading about "Trouble posting threads" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
tyme
April 3, 2004, 02:46 AM
This question comes up a lot.

I've just updated the first question on the THR FAQ (not the same as the vBulletin FAQ, which has stock, relatively unhelpful help messages). See if it answers your question. You've obviously registered successfully, so your situation is addressed in the second half of the first (four-paragraph) answer.

http://www.thehighroad.org/library/faq.html

To address your question, since the session limit is something like 15 minutes, I think, it sounds like you have a cookie problem rather than a session timeout problem. Therefore, either _both_ options 2 and 3 (see the discussion at the above link) are disabled (set to "No"), or your browser or firewall is rejecting cookies from THR.

If you enjoyed reading about "Trouble posting threads" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!