Anybody know about this EOTech deal?

PDA

Mopsie
March 23, 2014, 01:22 PM
I saw this special for EOTech sights in the Commercial Exchange: http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=746452
y
I've never heard of the dealer, but the deal on the 517 seems good. I want to get one for my hubby's BCM M4. Does anyone know about this special?

Also, would you get a 517 or a 516?

If you enjoyed reading about "Anybody know about this EOTech deal?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Outlaw Man
March 27, 2014, 01:46 PM
I can't say anything about the dealer since I'm not familiar with them (and I probably wouldn't say, even if I was), but I'll agree that's a good deal.

As to which you should get, the difference is in the batteries they use. CR123 batteries are a little harder to find for a decent price (getting easier all the time, though) but give you a longer runtime than with alkaline AAs. With lithium AAs, the battery life difference is negligible, but so is the cost and availability.

I'd go with the 516 for sure if he has standardized around the CR123 - such as if he's using them for his weapon light and even flashlight. Same with the 517 if he's standardized around AAs, which is relatively uncommon in the "tactical" world.

Mopsie
March 29, 2014, 02:21 PM
Thanks, Outlaw Man. I got a case of "instant gratification-itis" and ordered a 517 on Monday. My husband likes to keep things like batteries simple.

I got the EOTech on Wednesday, and he loves it. Now I want one! That was a good deal. Maybe LensAndLasers will have that sale again.

Outlaw Man
March 29, 2014, 06:38 PM
Awesome. They're excellent optics, so I'm sure he'll continue to love it for a long time.

If you enjoyed reading about "Anybody know about this EOTech deal?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!