.22 WMR with red dot scope

PDA

Roo Bar
March 26, 2014, 10:14 PM
I have a Savage 93 .22 WMR with Sterling night eater 8 x 56 scope. The scope has some type of fungus, which is like looking through net curtains so need a new scope. Most of my shooting is done from 2 to 15 metres but sometimes need to go out to 50 - 80 metres. There is plenty of info about ballistic arcs for shooting at 50 to 100 metres but it get hard to know what is happening below 25metres. :confused: so I was wondering if something like the Redfield Counterstrike would be OK. I realise it is more a tactical sight but was wondering if the laser would give a good pointer to impact at the short ranges and use the green dot out further? Or any other suggestions would be appreciated as I need to get the gun back in use ASAP.

If you enjoyed reading about ".22 WMR with red dot scope" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
witchhunter
March 27, 2014, 12:15 AM
I use a Leupold 2-7 rimfire scope on mine. Sight in at 50 yards and 2-3' low at 100, depending on ammo used. Bright enough in low light. 7 power is enough for 22 mag to 150 or so.

Roo Bar
March 27, 2014, 10:30 PM
Thanks witchhunter, the one I had was x8 and as you say was enough but my problem is with the very close range targets and I wondered if the laser which I understand is aligned with the barrel might be OK for that.

If you enjoyed reading about ".22 WMR with red dot scope" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!