Got a chance to try out my snazzy new CZ52

PDA

Snowdog
April 3, 2004, 03:27 PM
Unfortunately I didn't shoot as much as I wanted to as I was primarly pitting my new 91/30 Mosin Nagant against my M44 and didn't bring much 7.62x25 ammunition. However, I did manage to function fire and print a couple groups on paper from this mighty-yet-ergonomically-challenged hand cannon.

I was pleasantly impressed with the thunderous report and muzzle blast of my CZ52 and even more pleased with the 100% function of this geriatric communist. Only 50 rounds went through it, but I had some erroneous idea (picked up from who knows where) that it would choke every other magazine. I still rack my brain trying to remember where I may have heard about the unreliability of the CZ52.

I don't know what I'm going to do about the mediocre sights, but I believe I may be able to get used to them eventually. On the other hand, the snappy recoil and the unpleasant grips made me put in an order for Hogue Handalls as I had previously planned on doing. At least that I can fix.
I believe once on, this will make an acceptable trail gun. :D

Slow aimed fire off a dog food bag at 30', 7 rounds of 85gr S&B complete with fliers
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid110/p49b3dba7a5ede674a3a1e9c117bb775b/f9242fa5.jpg

If you enjoyed reading about "Got a chance to try out my snazzy new CZ52" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Stoney
April 3, 2004, 06:31 PM
Snowdog
Check out the good folks at Makarov.com. They installed a Novak lowmount 3 dot site on my CZ-52 and it made a world of difference.

The site installation cost me more than the pistol, around 145.00 with shipping. But I like to shoot the SOB so I didn't care. It did take 4 or 5 months to get the slide back. I think they have all the business they can handle there.

DMK
April 3, 2004, 09:42 PM
IMO, the CZ-52 is the M44 Mosin Nagant of pistols. It's crude, frivolous, has so so accuracy, has looks only it's commie mommie would love and it has a muzzle blast that could wake the dead, but it's just loads of fun and everyone needs at least one!

BowStreetRunner
April 4, 2004, 11:22 PM
nice gun :)
BSR

Apple a Day
April 5, 2004, 05:46 PM
Snowdog,
I lost an extractor right off the bat with mine, which I attribute to just bad luck. I replaced it and haven't had any problems since with the actual gun.
When I bought mine I also bought a pile of ancient surplus ammo and wound up having problems, from hard primers to hangfires. Those were ammo problems, through, not actual gun problems.
There is some lousy ammo out there in 7.62x25mm but with (relatively) new production ammo the gun works fine. I am working through a pile of S&B ammo and my CZ loves it. I haven't had any problems since I switched to the newer ammo.
MAKE SOME NOISE!:evil:

CZ52GUY
April 5, 2004, 10:50 PM
Hi,

CZ-52's have notoriously fragile firing pins...get some 7.62x25 snaps and avoid dry firing without them OR go through the firing pin replacement process.

www.makarov.com is my best source for all information re: CZ-52's...read and learn.

I had an original roller crack which led to the slide practically welding itself to the frame...not fun to waste 45 minutes of range time pulling it apart...the hardened rollers have been very reliable.

After more than a year with it, I can finally get consistent off-hand groups of 3.5-4" at 10-yds...not awesome, but you're right, the ergo's are nothing to write home about...I've gotten used to the checkered walnut groups that www.makarov.com has for sale.

...the blast/flash/boom however, is awesome :D.

Enjoy!

CZ52'

George Hill
April 6, 2004, 01:50 AM
I think 52's are good looking.

arinvolvo
April 6, 2004, 04:30 AM
gonna have to agree there..i think they are tres sexy lookin. Nice racy lines..until you get to the grip.\\but overall a nice looking weapon.

CZ52GUY
April 6, 2004, 11:39 AM
http://www.thehighroad.org/attachment.php?s=&postid=651007

Safe shooting,

CZ52'

If you enjoyed reading about "Got a chance to try out my snazzy new CZ52" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!