What do I need to change the MSH on Springfield 1911 that has I.LS.??

PDA

BigBlueEyedDevil
April 3, 2004, 07:43 PM
I bought a SA loaded champion. I wanted a checkered stamped mainspring housing so I bought one from Ed Brown. Do I need a new mainspring if my Springfield uses that "Integral Locking System?" BIG BLUE

If you enjoyed reading about "What do I need to change the MSH on Springfield 1911 that has I.LS.??" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
R.H. Lee
April 3, 2004, 07:55 PM
I just did that on a SA Milspec stainless. I replaced the mainspring with a 23# from Brownell's (959-262-230), the mainspring cap s/s (965-011-152),
mainspring cap pin s/s (965-011-155). I didn't need the mainspring pin retainer s/s (965-011-164).

BUT, I think you can use the SA mainspring, mainspring cap and mainspring cap pin, and the ILS mainspring is at about 23#.

Doublecheck those Brownell's numbers, I read them off the very tiny labels, and my eyes ain't what they used to be.:uhoh:

If you enjoyed reading about "What do I need to change the MSH on Springfield 1911 that has I.LS.??" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!