Shooters sandbags too expensive.

PDA

WestKentucky
April 9, 2014, 08:19 PM
I have recently had my eye on a sandbag that from the end looks like a capital H. Gun rests between the big buttcheek looking pieces. Pricetags are terrible. I plan to find or make a similar setup for handgun shooting, primarily for the contender and buntline.

http://www.chuckhawks.com/caldwell_tack_driver.htm

If you enjoyed reading about "Shooters sandbags too expensive." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
reddrumtoo
April 9, 2014, 08:24 PM
anything less than kevlar will get holes blown in it from the blast of the barrel / cylinder gap.

Liberty1776
April 9, 2014, 08:25 PM
yep. No sense buying them. Empty shot bags filled with sand, or a mix of sand and Styrofoam peanuts works just as well.

Al Thompson
April 9, 2014, 08:52 PM
Go to thrift store, buy used pair of blue jeans. Cut off legs, seal with hot glue or get someone to sew them shut. Fill with filler of choice..... ;)

rcmodel
April 9, 2014, 10:19 PM
+1
Old cut-off blue jean legs make great sandbags.

Folded over double & Duct-Taped seals them just fine.

Fill them with sand if you want heavy.
Kitty-Litter if you want them light & portable.

Use duct tape for cylinder blast protection too.
When it gets blown up, replace it with more duct tape.

rc

ColtPythonElite
April 9, 2014, 10:22 PM
A cheap plastic Caldwell Pistolero pistol rest works well, is light to tote, and doesn't get damaged from the blast.

Twiki357
April 10, 2014, 12:37 AM
I made mine out of the kids old sweat pants. Tapered legs; three different sizes for adjustable height. Cut’em off, zip tie one end, fill with kitty litter and zip tie the other end.

Outlaw Man
April 10, 2014, 10:03 AM
My father in law used tube socks. I never thought to ask what the filler was, but it feels like kitty litter or something similar.

Schwing
April 10, 2014, 10:36 AM
dry red chili beans make great filler as well. Bunt corn also works and is much lighter than sand.

If you enjoyed reading about "Shooters sandbags too expensive." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!