OK folks, big change

PDA

Derek Zeanah
April 11, 2014, 11:28 AM
The access problems we're seeing are probably DNS related. So I've set up another DNS provider and I've changed the domain to point to the new provider.

(DNS is liken a phone book: you say you want to reach www.thehighroad.org, and your computer asks your DNS server what the IP address for THR is, and it asks the authoritative DNS for the answer, which is returned to you. All the servers asking the question then remember the answer for 24 hours or so. What I've done is tell a new set of servers to be authoritative for THR.)

Basically, there should be no change for most of us, but those having problems should be able to connect.

Unless I screwed up. In which case nobody will be able to reach THR and Much Drama Will Be Created.

Or, if I set up encoded keys incorrectly then some e-mail will stop getting through.

So, if you see weirdness in the next 48 hours or so it's absolutely my fault, and I'll fix it as soon as I see it. If not, never mind. :D

If you enjoyed reading about "OK folks, big change" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
If you enjoyed reading about "OK folks, big change" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!