Scope for M1A

PDA

zchaparral
April 12, 2014, 11:15 PM
Anybody with thoughts on a good M1A scope? I've decided on the Springfield gen 4 mount only because it is Springfield and nicely priced. I have also decided on a variable 10 power. From what I have read I assume a larger tube such as the 30mm instead of 1 inch will give more moa adjustment. Is this accurate? I currently own three scoped rifles: a .308, a .3006, and a .50 cal. muzzle loader, all have cheap $150 scopes zeroed at 100 yds. They serve me well for whitetail but I want to stretch it out with my M1A. Maybe 300 yards. Thanks for any opinions.

If you enjoyed reading about "Scope for M1A" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
AlexanderA
April 13, 2014, 12:06 AM
Get a Sadlak mount (which is an updated Brookfield mount). That is the "gold standard."

A good scope will cost you almost as much as the rifle. I don't know what to tell you. Look into what the military uses.

Peter M. Eick
April 13, 2014, 11:50 AM
Agreed. The mount is critical. My Brookfield has never moved since I put it on years ago. My Springfield (various generations) would always peen loose.

Once you have the mount, pretty much any decent scope will work. I have a 6.5x20 VXIII AO 50 on mine.

Geno
April 13, 2014, 12:34 PM
I use an A.R.M.S. 18 with an EoTech on my M1A S.O.C.O.M. I use an Vltor rail, with Trijicon 1-4 on my M1A "Loaded" model. Both are secure, but I prefer the Vltor/Trijicon set-up.

Geno

If you enjoyed reading about "Scope for M1A" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!