Site issues


April 18, 2014, 04:59 PM
Am I the only one having issues with getting here? I cannot get to the main menu it says "site not configured at this address"

Since this is in my bookmarks, I find it strange; yet if I google The High Road a few of the subsections (like this one) pop up and I can access them....


If you enjoyed reading about "Site issues" here in archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join today for the full version!
April 18, 2014, 05:07 PM
I haven't had any issues lately. Is it possible that because it's bookmarked that slight changes have been made and your link no longer works?

I don't know if it works that way or not but I've had similar issues in the past that made me wonder if that's the case.

April 18, 2014, 06:38 PM
You don't mention the Browser you are using? If you are using Firefox and only THR is a problem try the following:

Usually clearing the cache and only the cookies from affected websites should be sufficient.
There is usually no need to clear all the cookies in cases like this with only one website (domain).

"Clear the Cache":

Tools > Options > Advanced > Network > Cached Web Content: "Clear Now"

"Remove Cookies" from sites causing problems:

Tools > Options > Privacy > Cookies: "Show Cookies"

That may vary slightly from version to version of Firefox. The idea id to clear the cookie cache for THR.

Also, this question may be better served in this section of the forums (

Another option is to remove THR from your favorites and replace it. THR Powered By Vbullitin should point to

April 18, 2014, 09:43 PM
Thanks! Will try that when I can get back to my main computer

April 18, 2014, 11:32 PM
Derek posted in a couple of other threads here in Tech Support that we were having some DNS issues. He switched us to a new DNS provider on 11 April, and he then optimized the DNS settings after getting few days of traffic to see what needed to be tweaked.

So, reloadron is spot on in his analysis that your access issues are almost certainly cached data pointing to the old DNS provider.

Derek Zeanah
April 19, 2014, 07:26 PM

As I think about this, we had some issues that looked like DNS, so I switched DNS providers and the folks who originally complained said the problems were gone.

Now we're seeing other issues. Which means the change might have caused additional issues with some folks, or it could mean the original problem was something other than DNS, but intermittent, and it's popped back up again.

I'll look around and see if there's something else that looks suspicious.

It would help if you would see if you can duplicate the problem with multiple browsers when it happens though. If it's a residual issue related to DNS then refreshing caches might help (it shouldn't, but every software has bugs, and "what if a web site switches its DNS provider" isn't something commonly tested against.) If not, then it would still be a useful bit of data.

If you enjoyed reading about "Site issues" here in archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join today for the full version!