What Optic Did You Put On Your AK-47

PDA

red rick
April 19, 2014, 02:45 AM
As the title says what optic did you put on your AK-47 .

I have a K-Var side mount for my Arsenal 7.62x39 . Looking to ring plates out to 150 yds. I tried today with the open sights without success .

If you enjoyed reading about "What Optic Did You Put On Your AK-47" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
dook
April 19, 2014, 11:10 AM
I put a Belarus mount and a cheap mildot scope on mine. Didn't really like it. Then I installed a Tech-Sight rear aperture sight on and loved it. It shrank my groups to half of what I could do with issue rear sight.

OpticsPlanet
April 21, 2014, 02:50 PM
The boss has been giving me grief over my not owning an AK.

I've been planning a purchase, and since I already have a Burris FastFire II,
http://www.opticsplanet.com/burris-fastfire-w-picatinny-mount-4-moa-dot-mat-fastfire-sight.html I believe I am going to use this mount from Midwest Industries:

MI-AKMDM-BF
http://www.midwestindustriesinc.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=category.display&category_ID=421

It reminds me of the LaRue Iron Dot for the AK, which is no longer made.

Mark H.

Looking for Knowledge
April 27, 2014, 11:59 AM
I've tried three or four side mounted solutions, and have yet to be happy with the results. The rear sight replacement looks like a decent solution, but I hate to give up the iron sights.

Could people post pictures of what they have found works for them?

Sebastian the Ibis
April 28, 2014, 12:48 AM
Looking to ring plates out to 150 yds. I tried today with the open sights without success .

Try shooting with a sling, and/or prone if you are not already. Iron sights should be fine for this, and much much more reliable than most AK optic options.

Notwithstanding the foregoing, I think I have settled on a Primary Arms micro dot on an ultimak rail for my M92. The iron sights do not work so well at night.

If you enjoyed reading about "What Optic Did You Put On Your AK-47" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!