Hey mods, pm me

PDA

WestKentucky
April 21, 2014, 10:14 PM
Thread closed with not so much as a comment in the thread by a mod. This isn't cool. If your going to shut a thread down give a pm or a post so I'm not left hanging. So, since I don't know who, or why I have to ask here. So pm me so we can talk about this.

If you enjoyed reading about "Hey mods, pm me" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
ugaarguy
April 21, 2014, 10:43 PM
As a learning opportunity / THR mod transparency, I'll share the answer I sent WestKentucky via PM.

As SOP when we close a thread we close it then type the closing statement. The why is that experience has taught us that inevitably someone will be typing a post, and hit the submit button right after the mod hits the submit button on what should be the closing post, but before the browser refreshes and lets us close the thread. We're also human, and sometimes get distracted by things like family, pets, weather alerts, etc while we're typing the closing statement. We try to get the closing statement as quickly as possible though.

In this case WestKentucky was asking why his thread was closed as I was typing the closing statement.

So, for those wondering, if you see a thread closed without a closing statement give it a few minutes. If you don't see a closure reason after a while feel free to PM one of the mods assigned to the forum where the post is, or hit the report post button so we're aware and can fix it.

WestKentucky
April 21, 2014, 10:47 PM
Close this one too. It's done.

bikerdoc
April 22, 2014, 08:44 AM
Close this one too. It's done.

No, I think it has educational value on how our system works, and has worked since Dec of 2002.

If you enjoyed reading about "Hey mods, pm me" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!