Savage Mark II extractor replacement

PDA

highway
April 5, 2004, 12:06 PM
Hello,
I ordered right/left hand extractors form Savage to replace the ones on my savage mark II -bolt action- 22lr. I bought the rifle used and noticed the extractors wasn't working just right, i recieved the new ones today and the right and left had different part numbers but no #'s are stamped on the extractors. I installed the new pieces along with a new extractor clip and it works fine but i was wondering about the right hand -left hand numbers? how would i tell the difference between the 2 ? they looked the same unless the small hook at the end has a different pitch or something ?

thanks highway

If you enjoyed reading about "Savage Mark II extractor replacement" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
1911Tuner
April 5, 2004, 02:29 PM
Howdy highway, and welcome to THR.

Your best bet is to PM a fella named Jim Keenan here. You can do a search
on his name. He may see your question later on today, but if anybody'd know, he would.

Where at in Kentucky? I was born in Southeastern Ky, in "The Little Town That International Harvester Built", in Harlan County...also known as
"Bloody Harlan."

Luck!

Tuner

highway
April 5, 2004, 04:48 PM
1911Tuner,
i spoke with savage and i ordered the wrong part , needed the right hand extractor and silver color cartridge guide to go on the left side. so hopefully i will get it this time around :)

Oh yeah....I'm from pike county KY

highway

If you enjoyed reading about "Savage Mark II extractor replacement" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!