Ordered YHM mounts from SS, Missing shims

PDA

Badger Arms
May 4, 2014, 03:50 PM
I ordered three 5.56mm Brake Mounts for the YHM system from SilencerShop.com. They have a picture of the old-style, fluted mount, however I emailed them and they ensured me that I would be getting the Gen2 mounts pictured below. So, I checked YHM's web site and they said that a shim pack was included. Specifically, they said: Shim Kit is included in the price (SHIM-3102-SET) I'll put a picture below as well.

Fast forward four days (Quick shipping if I do say so) and I get my package. All three of the brakes have a single, .068" washer in them... no it's not a peel washer, just a regular washer. Worse yet, one appears to be double-struck and has a little smiley on it. They also just tossed the washer in a little ziplock with the brake, so it scratched up the finish in shipping. You would think that YHM, who is charging $88.50 for these things, can maybe put the shims in another baggie? Maybe they have heard of bubble packaging or cardboard? My questions are:

1) Who do I contact to make this right?
2) Should they expect me to send what I have back?
3) Am I expecting too much to have the finish intact at least until it gets to me?

I know, the first time I mount it on a rifle, it will mar the finish up. That's not the issue. Even if I did get the right shim packs, if they have double-strike smileys on there, that could cause the mount to be shifted a bit. Thanks for your opinion.

http://www.thehighroad.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=197990&stc=1&d=1399232740

http://www.thehighroad.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=197991&stc=1&d=1399232725

https://yhm.net/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/750x/040ec09b1e35df139433887a97daa66f/s/h/shim-3102-set.jpg

If you enjoyed reading about "Ordered YHM mounts from SS, Missing shims" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Superpsy
May 4, 2014, 06:52 PM
Email silencershop. They are good people. It'll be made right. Might end up being a yhm issue but SS will take care of you.

If they need it to be sent back I expect silencershop or yhm to pay for shipping.

Your expectations on the finish aren't unreasonable. Nitpicky but not unreasonable. :)

Badger Arms
May 5, 2014, 10:26 AM
I decided to ask Yankee Hill first. They emailed me back saying, "Call us or give us your phone # and we will call you." So, I gave them my phone number and 20 minutes later I got a call. The guy said, in essence, "Too bad, not our fault. The shop must have had them on the shelf for a long time." He said that they just started shipping the shim sets with the brakes last year. He also said that the washer was a 'peel washer' but again, IT IS NOT A PEEL WASHER! I know what a peel washer looks like. Even if it was a peel washer, I ordered it with the understanding that I would get the shim set.

So, Yankee Hill support didn't care. I sent an email off to SilencerShop. We'll see what they have to say.

If you enjoyed reading about "Ordered YHM mounts from SS, Missing shims" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!