.38 110gr sjhp Remington Bullets, Plinking load data?.

PDA

Analogkid
May 4, 2014, 08:14 PM
I just want to load these to plink with.

I was just given lord knows how many Remington 110gr sjhp loose bullets. I would like to utilize these for a standard pressure plinking round in my SP101 .357 and my J frames.

I Have Bullseye and the Hogdon CFE powders on hand.

bullseye shows load data for a 110gr speer GDHP at 4.6 grains of bullseye.

And Hogdon cfe shows generic load data for a 110 gr bullet at 4.6gr as the starting load at 13,900 psi and 6.8gr as the maximum at 17,300 psi

I sure don't want to wreck the J frames that are non +p rated but I would like to use these rounds in the j frames for plinking around with since I have so many of the loose bullets.

What do you all think?

If you enjoyed reading about ".38 110gr sjhp Remington Bullets, Plinking load data?." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
CPLofMARINES
May 4, 2014, 09:13 PM
Lyman 49th. They should have what you are looking for.

Steve C
May 5, 2014, 05:32 AM
Data for 110gr JHP with Hodgdon CFE Pistol shows a start load of 6.5 gr at 1,195 FPS from a 7.7" barrel likely a non vented test barrel that should give you 400 fps or more less velocity from you snub nose.

Speer #13 list a .38 spl standard pressure Bullseye load of 4.7 gr with a DNR (do not reduce) notation using their conventional 110gr JHP for 1,022 fps from a 6" barrel Model 18. You will loose 200 to 300 fps with 4" less barrel length from your 2" snub nose.

I would follow these load recommendation for plinkers in standard pressure loads which will have mild recoil with the light bullet. How well they shoot will have to be tested on the range so don't load em all up in case you are disappointed with the accuracy of the start loads.

If you enjoyed reading about ".38 110gr sjhp Remington Bullets, Plinking load data?." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!