Not Gun Related

PDA

Third_Rail
April 5, 2004, 03:46 PM
Okay, if I have a problem with someone trying to take my account by trying to reset my password, who would I e-mail/PM about it?

If you enjoyed reading about "Not Gun Related" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
pax
April 5, 2004, 03:52 PM
Moved this over to Tech Support, which is the right place for such questions. Or you could PM any of the moderators or admins on site.

Looking at your user info now, but I'm not one of our techno whizkids so I won't probably be able to help you. Sooner or later someone brighter than me'll come along ...

Meanwhile, give us as much info to go by as you can, please: what exactly is happening that convinced you that someone's trying to reset your password? What browser are you using? Do you have a firewall? How recently have you cleared your cache and deleted cookies?

You can PM me with any of that if it worries you to put it on the open forum.

pax

Mal H
April 5, 2004, 08:53 PM
Third_Rail,
If you have a credible suspicion that someone is trying to steal your THR identity and you know who it is, please let me know now via email or PM. If you don't know who it is, but suspect that it might happen, please email me or any admin-on-duty as soon as anything does happen. We will be able to nip it in the bud at that time.

Be aware that if something does happen to your account and you can no longer login, you won't be able to PM anyone (that's in the "well, duh!" category :) ). Therefore, I would advise writing down the email addresses of a few THR administrators for future reference. You can then email one or more of us in good time. (BTW, you can tell if a moderator is an administrator by looking at the "Currently active users" listing at the bottom of the forums page. Admin names are bold and italicized. Any moderator would be very willing to help, but admins have access to a few more bells and whistles, that's the only difference between the two groups.

Be sure to answer pax's questions. They address important info we need to know.

If you enjoyed reading about "Not Gun Related" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!