ZT 0305 and Kershaw Chive

PDA

BullRunBear
May 12, 2014, 12:18 PM
Recently got a Zero Tolerance 0305 knife as a gift from my wife. I love this thing. It fits my hand, opens one handed better than I could have imagined, and carries well in my usual clunky jeans. I never realized how convenient it is to have that one hand opening feature. It is now my EDC.

Once in a while a smaller knife would be appropriate. Is the Kershaw Onion Chive or Leek as good as the ZT? Especially the speed opening feature and quality of the blade?

Thanks.

Jeff

If you enjoyed reading about "ZT 0305 and Kershaw Chive" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
rcmodel
May 12, 2014, 12:58 PM
Probably not as good.

The ZT is a $150 knife, and the Kershaws are $50 knives.

However, the Leek & Chive are perfectly functional knives for the price.

My EDC for the last year is a Leek, and I really like it.

rc

tiamat
May 12, 2014, 01:01 PM
That about sums it up. I've also found that my leek's speed-safe spring has gotten dramatically weaker over a short period of time. I hear it's a common thing.

rcmodel
May 12, 2014, 01:09 PM
Free Replacement springs for your Leek are a click away.

http://kershaw.kaiusaltd.com/contact

They sent me enough parts to build two more Leeks when I requested a spring last year.
The replacement spring is still going strong.

rc

tiamat
May 13, 2014, 10:27 AM
thanks for that.

If you enjoyed reading about "ZT 0305 and Kershaw Chive" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!