Hodgdon CFE Pistol Powder

PDA

LubeckTech
May 18, 2014, 11:28 AM
I can get a few pounds of this right now but have not yet used it so I am looking for opinions and advise about it. I would be using it for plated and coated 9MM, 40S&W, 45ACP and .38/.357. Are there any sources for load data other than Hodgdon??

If you enjoyed reading about "Hodgdon CFE Pistol Powder" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Analogkid
May 18, 2014, 03:36 PM
To my knowledge there isnt any other data yet other than whats listed on their site.

I loaded up a few .357 110 gr sjhps this morning with their starting load. I am off the the range to try them out in a few minutes.

Analogkid
May 18, 2014, 07:15 PM
The above ran great with the CFE Pistol! Really enjoyed shooting them and liked the powder.

Nice to find something to do with the bazillion 110gr sjhp someone gave me.

Skinnedknuckles
May 18, 2014, 09:09 PM
Wow! I haven't seen "can get several pounds" and a pistol powder in the same post in a long time. And to talk about a "bazillion 110gr sjhp" is just rubbing it in!

Looking at the relatively limited data available, I really want to try some of this powder. Good luck.

Analogkid
May 18, 2014, 10:30 PM
I Lucked into the Remington 110gr sjhp. I don't think this is a very popular bullet anymore and I guess I basically saved them from the trash. I usually don't get that lucky.

As for the CFE powder. I also was able to buy several pounds a few weeks ago at my Local gun store. They had about 20 single lbs on the shelf but I only took a lb. Maybe should have taken more but I didn't.

It probably all ended up on Gunbroker anyway.

LubeckTech
May 18, 2014, 10:53 PM
I have seen it (CFE) a couple of places - a LGS and a gunshow.
Red Dot, Green Dot and Blue Dot are also showing up with regularity from place to place. When the stars are in perfect alignment Unique and Bullseye appear on the net for around $20 a pound but quickly disappear.

LubeckTech
May 19, 2014, 03:42 PM
I just picked up 3lbs of the stuff and will hopefully get to chrono some loads this weekend.
Will try to post the results.

PiratePenguin
May 20, 2014, 11:04 PM
No access to a chronograph, but 5.9 grains under a 115 gr Berry's RN was very accurate for me.

If you enjoyed reading about "Hodgdon CFE Pistol Powder" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!