T Dumoulin exposed hammer dbl barrel question.

PDA

ckline7035
June 1, 2014, 03:44 PM
Hello, my name is Curt. Please bear with me, first post. My question is, on this T Dumoulin, dog ear dBl that I just purchased. It appears that the left primer striker has been flattened to the point that the base it sits in, looks cracked. Are the two replaceable without special tools? Is the part pressed in, threaded ? The gun is in beautiful condition, with "The Interchangeable" on the side opposite of T or F Dumoulin & Co. Fine Damascus Belgium on top rib and choke bored on the barrel. The 6 point star in grip. Any idea of value ?. I know it's basically a very nice wallhanger. If decent value I may sell it after I fix the pin and base. Thank you for the help with this one.

If you enjoyed reading about "T Dumoulin exposed hammer dbl barrel question." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
RaceM
June 5, 2014, 11:21 AM
If it's like the Belge double I resurrected awhile back it shouldn't be much of a problem. If I recall aright all I needed was a 10mm socket to unscrew the firing pin nipple (after filing down the mushrooming and liberal applications of Kroil). I used a Toyota brake bleed fitting to fabricate a new nipple since it had the same metric thread.

If you enjoyed reading about "T Dumoulin exposed hammer dbl barrel question." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!