just played with a kel tec p32..

PDA

David S
February 5, 2003, 08:26 PM
I have dispised the looks of this gun since it came out. it just looked so cheap to me. (i remember thinking the same thing about glocks when i first saw them ....) but today was the first time i actually held one. I was impressed by its weight and feel. i looked it over pretty good and the gun seems really nice. I have read TONS of things on this forum about the gun and the price it was for, was $239, is that a good price? seemed cheap, but i have always been a walther man, so anything is cheap comparitivly....

If you enjoyed reading about "just played with a kel tec p32.." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
DeltaElite
February 5, 2003, 09:00 PM
Good gun, my wife took my P32.
So, I bought a NAA 32. :neener:

It's a good price you will find lower and higher, but it's not bad.:cool:

BamBam
February 5, 2003, 09:52 PM
$239 is what the Hard Chrome version goes for around here. $219 for standard. Well worth it, IMO.

See if they'll let you slip one in an Uncle Mike's #1 holster and try it in your front pocket.........you'll see what all the hooplah is about.

BamBam

Guyon
February 6, 2003, 12:08 AM
Mine was $200 plus tax. Pay cash and see if they can help you out on the sales tax. Great little pistols. I can't wait for the .380 version.

yzguy
February 6, 2003, 09:49 AM
Price sounds about average, not great, not a rip off...

cdnn (http://www.cdnninvestments.com/) usually has them for $199 but then you have to pay shipping (around $20 I think) and the FFL fee, but no tax.... So you'll probably be about the same.

If you are considering one right now, you may want to hold off just a little bit. The new P-3AT is coming out soon. You may want to either consider that, or if you still want the P-32, just wait for the release of the P-3AT because I believe the price of the P-32's will come down then...

also check out my site (lots of KT info):
http://www.1bad69.com/keltec/newownerinfo.htm
http://www.1bad69.com/keltec/index.htm

Tropical Z
February 6, 2003, 10:45 AM
They actually are made quite well.

bad_dad_brad
February 6, 2003, 08:43 PM
Incredible little pistol. Light as a squirt gun, but this is no toy. The ultimate in deep conceal carry. As stated, you can find them cheaper, but that is not an outrageous price. I highly recomend it.

Don't expect to shoot thousands of rounds through it. Get to know it, and on occasion keep familiar, but this is a little gun that shines during the everyday as an always carry, and should only be fired when necessary.

David S
February 6, 2003, 09:40 PM
are you suggesting that the gun is not durable? that it will wear out?

alamo
February 6, 2003, 09:51 PM
It wasn't designed to be a plinker for fun but for close range concealed carry. Many have shot several thousand of rounds without any problem. If a part wears out or breaks, it has a lifetime warranty. I doubt it would survive a 10,000 round torture test without a part being replaced but that's not what it designed for.

mini14jac
February 7, 2003, 08:07 AM
I've got one with 700 or so rounds through it.
As far as wearing one out, don't worry about it. This is a real gun, despite it's light weight and "toylike" feel.
I shoot mine every time I go to the range. I don't know if KelTec has put a lifespan on the P32, but you'll find owners who have several thousand rounds through theirs.
If it does wear out, you have a great lifetime warranty, with some of the best customer service in the industry.

It is accurate enough to plink at cans from 10-15 yds, and has a smooth, light trigger.
It feeds every type of hollow point ammo that I can find.
I found some European fmj ammo for $70/1000 rounds.
My buddy's Tomcat won't feed it.
Our P32s eat it like candy.

When you add up the light weight, low price, ease of carry, reliability, accuracy, and customer service, you begin to see what a bargain these guns are.

The .32 is not the caliber I would choose for a gunfight, (12 ga., 00 buck. :cool: ), but you can carry the P32 in a good pocket holster all day, and never think about it. (~8oz. loaded)

Since I got a PM9, I don't carry the P32 as much, but it still can go, when I can't really carry a gun.

My wife went to a CCW class and saw the lady instructor wearing a P32 with a pocket clip inside the waist of her jeans.
Now my wife has a P32 too!

22luvr
February 7, 2003, 09:44 AM
Hello David S: Having owned the P11 and P32, Kel-Tecs are a lot tougher and more durable than their weight/size/appearance.

If you field-strip any of them, you'll see how the slider rides on a tough-looking aluminum block and the grip is cleverly mated to that. All critical parts are heat-treated steel.

I carried my P32 (a very early edition 035xx) for three years and put about 1,000 rounds over every kind of ammo I could find through it. It was utterly reliable, accurate, AND, very-very fast from pocket draw-to-aim-to-fire. In short, it was by far and away the best pocket gun I have ever owned.

With the rollout of their soon-to-be-released P-3AT, the P32 prices should come down. If you're patient (something lacking in most gun nuts) hold out for a new P-3AT.

Buy with confidence; Kel-Tec will back your purchase for a lifetime.

Best wishes......

If you enjoyed reading about "just played with a kel tec p32.." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!