Quesition about Shipping

PDA

WALKERs210
June 20, 2014, 05:36 PM
I would like to know if I ship a firearm to another state am I required to use a FFL to handle shipping or can I just ship to a FFL dealer in the other state. Only shipping of firearms I have ever done was when I worked for a Pawn/Gun shop.

If you enjoyed reading about "Quesition about Shipping" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Twiki357
June 20, 2014, 05:49 PM
You can ship direct to an FFL in another state. But, from what I understand, a lot of FFLs will not accept a transfer from an individual so the buyer has to be sure that his/her FFL will accept a shipment from an individual.

I’ve never done it myself since it’s usually less expensive to use your FFL to do the shipping to the receiving FFL.

Captcurt
June 20, 2014, 05:57 PM
You can ship direct to an FFL in another state. But, from what I understand, a lot of FFLs will not accept a transfer from an individual so the buyer has to be sure that his/her FFL will accept a shipment from an individual.

I’ve never done it myself since it’s usually less expensive to use your FFL to do the shipping to the receiving FFL.
This!

cuervo
June 20, 2014, 06:01 PM
Shipping a handgun is usually cheaper through an FFL since he can use USPS but you have to use UPS/FedEx overnight.

If you're shipping a long gun, you can use USPS and not go through an FFL (unless receiving FFL requires it).

The post office may want to see a copy of receiver's FFL and they can inspect the contents if they want to, so I usually bring tape to the post office and ask before sealing it.

WALKERs210
June 20, 2014, 06:11 PM
Thanks for the input, I have reached the age where I really don't want to spend a night in the Cross Bar Hilton because I was just ignorant of the law.

dogtown tom
June 20, 2014, 07:22 PM
http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=651375

WALKERs210
June 20, 2014, 07:49 PM
DOGTOWN Thanks for the link, gives a much clearer picture of requirements.

If you enjoyed reading about "Quesition about Shipping" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!