Dealing with my brother

PDA

DranDran
July 1, 2014, 10:37 PM
Unfortunately I have to deal with my brother for a few more years. We were having a conversation about gun laws, he supports the SAFE act and thinks it will keep crime down. He actually blamed guns for shootings and thinks the whole country should adopt Australia's laws, I tried explaining that knives can kill just as easily and I got a reply along the lines of "people don't let other people that close". I'm sick of him saying I should sell my guns and on top of all this he is also anti hunting because it's "cruel".

If you enjoyed reading about "Dealing with my brother" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Arkansas Paul
July 1, 2014, 10:47 PM
I don't know how your family dynamic is or how close you and your brother are regarding matters other than guns and hunting. I do know how my relationship is with my brother.

If my brother told me I should sell my guns I would tell him to shut up, shave his beard and go buy a pair of skinny jeans. He would do the same if the roles were reversed.

Seriously, he's your brother. Should you bend at all on the issue? Absolutely not. Just talk about something else. If he insists on bringing up the issue, tell him you've been purposely avoiding the topic because you don't want to argue about it. You're obviously not going to change each others mind. Talk about other things and then when you go home you can shake your head and wonder how you came from the same parents.

carheir
July 1, 2014, 10:47 PM
You will never change his liberal mind so I wouldn't worry about it. Opinions are like butt holes,, everyone has one. Stay strong and don't waver in your belief.

hso
July 1, 2014, 10:51 PM
http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=270671

If you enjoyed reading about "Dealing with my brother" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!