QD KeyMod conversion for Magpul AFG2

PDA

Arizona_Mike
July 13, 2014, 06:28 PM
I figured I's share my simple solution: just drill out the Torx driver holes thought the Magpul. The hard part is picking the right KeyMod rail that lines up right so nothing on the AFG gets screwed up. I went with Seekins Precision 9-slot.

Probably the last AFG I ever have to buy. I shortened the rail a bit to clear the front bipod mount on this particular gun and need to reblacken the aluminum.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/21431738/guns/Side_Cocker/IMG_20140713_104143%20600.jpg

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/21431738/guns/Side_Cocker/IMG_20140713_104203%20-%20600.jpg

Mike

If you enjoyed reading about "QD KeyMod conversion for Magpul AFG2" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
wally
July 15, 2014, 12:18 PM
Probably the last AFG I ever have to buy.

I take it you've committed to Keymod.

As long as you still need rail adapters to mount things I don't see a lot of advantages to Keymod as a "system" but I do like the Keymod handguards I've seen for their light weight and large ID, that lets my suppressor slip in -- I have one on my 5" 9mm AR SBR. Since I don't like hanging stuff off my handguards the fact its Keymod makes little difference to me.

Arizona_Mike
July 15, 2014, 03:35 PM
I love the Sampson Evolution rail and going forward will prefer KeyMod versions. If it catches on there will be more choices in direct attach accessories. Meanwhile there is no more playing dexterity puzzles with backside nuts.

Mike

9mmepiphany
July 15, 2014, 08:27 PM
That is a pretty clean looking setup,

I figured Magpul wouldn't be making their AFG available in Keymod, since they came up with a competing system, and just mounted the BCM KM shorty vertical forward grip on my BCM KMR handguard

If you enjoyed reading about "QD KeyMod conversion for Magpul AFG2" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!