AA#7 and a 357 mag snub nose.

PDA

gonoles_1980
July 18, 2014, 03:59 PM
I did a ladder load of AA#7 from 9.3 to 9.7 using xtreme 158gr CP flat points. I normally use 6.0 HP38 for it and get a nice fireball. Using the AA7 9.5 gr felt about the same as the 6.0 HP38, but there was no fireball. Is that because the AA7 is slower burning?

If you enjoyed reading about "AA#7 and a 357 mag snub nose." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
bluetopper
July 18, 2014, 04:51 PM
Few of us know the molecular makeup and coatings each particular brand of powder have. I do know Accurate handgun powders do not produce much flash regardless of burn rate.

ArchAngelCD
July 19, 2014, 12:30 AM
Most reloaders feel the slower powder will produce more flash than the faster powder but like said above, most times the speed of the powder doesn't matter. It's the way the powder is formulated that matters.

I agree it seems Accurate powders are less "flashy" than other powders. When I load .38 Special +P ammo with HS-6 and AA#5 which are powders with a similar burn rate the HS-6 loads produce a lot more flash than the AA#5 loads.

If you enjoyed reading about "AA#7 and a 357 mag snub nose." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!