22 tcm

PDA

Charlie1022
July 19, 2014, 12:47 AM
I have been reading about this new round and want to know it anyone already had one of these new rounds? I am a big fan of the 1911 and am considering one of these. Sounds like very low recoil round. Anyone reload the round yet?

If you enjoyed reading about "22 tcm" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
golfhack
July 19, 2014, 02:32 AM
I have a Rock Island 22 TCM/9mm. The 22 TCM is low recoil, less than the 9mm. But it is LOUD and has a huge fireball...very entertaining. I do reload for it, you can get dies, cases and bullets from Ammo Supply Warehouse. Most people are using H110 or W296 powder.

AbitNutz
July 19, 2014, 04:31 AM
I have one. Just went to the range. Maybe it's me but I didn't find it too loud or too much muzzle blast. I always use full ear muffs, not just ear plugs. So maybe that's the difference. I found it fun to shoot. Don't get the idea it has NO recoil because it does. But it's not much. The cases eject a good distance but they are easy to find due to their odd shape.

It's accurate but I was able to improve on it a bit by using a Briley barrel bushing from Brownell's. I always use them on my automatics.

No real malfunctions but it did show a weird problem. The slide would lock back with one round still in th magazine. It was a consistent issue. Maybe my thumb was hitting the slide release. Either way, I ordered another mag from Ammo Supply (you can get dies, bullets and cases their really cheap). I also ordered a Wolff extra power magazine spring. They use the same springs as a Para-Ordnance. We'll see if my behavior, the magazone or the spring fixes it. Other than that, the gun is a riot to shoot.

If you like oddball calibers...this is a good pistol to play with. It's decent quality and fun to shoot.

I haven't handloaded it yet and I understand that the 2050fps is difficult to reach using available powders but you can get pretty close....2050 fps is quite something. It will penetrate almost anything.

Ed Ames
July 19, 2014, 07:31 AM
Have it. Like it a lot. I have reloaded a few rounds just to make sure there are no gotchas (nope) but mostly have been shooting factory ammo.

It still holds its title as my favorite gun purchase of 2014.

bikerdoc
July 19, 2014, 08:10 AM
Got to try one and I am impressed. I can only hope it catches on.

Walkalong
July 19, 2014, 02:51 PM
I wish someone would make a 1911 barrel for it that I could drop in a single stack 9MM. I would try that.

Or if RIA would make one in a single stack. :)

Fiv3r
July 19, 2014, 05:18 PM
I too wish RIA would make one in a single stack. I'm not big on double stack 1911s.

AbitNutz
July 20, 2014, 12:28 AM
I've been blessed/cursed with large hands so a double stack grip fits me well...as does my Coonan .357 magnum automatic. It is long but not wide while the double stack is wide but not long. I guess if there was a way to make a double stack .357 magnum magazine (not likely) that was long and wide....It might not fit so well.

bigfatdave
July 24, 2014, 09:46 PM
I have one
It is fantastic
I don't reload

Single stack
There have been rumors of TCM being unreliable or unsafe to feed in singlestack for a while. It would feed from a 38 super singlestack mag if anything, and you'd have to modify the feed lips at minimum. There is apparently pucker about a double feed and the somewhat pointed nose hitting the primer of the chambered round ... but that's largely speculation and reading between the lines of tings Armscor employees & the CEO have said.

There have ALSO been rumors from Armscor about a singlestack TCM, but nothing regarding how they pulled it off. I'd suspect a ramped barrel, or unique mags, and/or various other nonstandard parts. If the above is speculation, this is a wild guess.

If you enjoyed reading about "22 tcm" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!