.32acp Erma Luger

PDA

Big Shrek
July 19, 2014, 10:17 PM
What holsters will fit this pistol nicely??

Trying to figure out the size...like for ankle holsters...

If you enjoyed reading about ".32acp Erma Luger" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
bannockburn
July 20, 2014, 03:07 PM
I don't know about the availability of an ankle holster for a gun like that which has been out of production for a number if years. You're best bet would be some generic medium frame size semi-auto holster. That or else find someone who can make you a Kydex holster molded from your gun.

Big Shrek
July 20, 2014, 07:20 PM
I just had an epiphany...I wear shorts 11 months of the year,
how the heck am I gonna hide an ankle holster?? LOL :banghead:

Fiddled around in a few sporting goods stores today...
almost any 3.5" barrel small/medium leather or fabric holster will fit...
I've just got to figure out where I'm going to conceal it...
obviously can't use the same position as the CS45, (Thunderwear)
so this may require some thought...
perhaps a cargo-pocket holster...as my shorts usually have those...

Willie Sutton
July 20, 2014, 11:19 PM
Really... I can't think of too many handguns less suited for personal defense than an Erma Luger.

Willie

Big Shrek
July 21, 2014, 12:30 AM
Really... I can't think of too many handguns less suited for personal defense than an Erma Luger.

Willie

.32acp was used quite widely in the old days...it works nicely on a wide variety of predators...
while I am a subscriber to the Bigger Is Better caliber rule & my EDC is a S&W CS45,
I'm also quite aware that a second pistol is occasionally very useful,
or, as sometimes occurs, you don't want to use a large caliber in a particular situation...
and frankly, I don't want to waste a .45acp round on a dog/possum/armadillo/snake/etc...

MICHAEL T
July 21, 2014, 12:33 AM
I make sure it would run a few 100 rounds with out a problem . I remember when new they weren't all that reliable

barnbwt
July 21, 2014, 01:34 AM
.32acp was used quite widely in the old days
He means the gun, not the chambering; the Erma's have quite the reputation, so I hear (not that your particular example is a jam-master-Jay, but most seem to be). Cool guns for sure, though (I got to mess with a 380 model, recently, and we fairly impressed considering its somewhat humble origins)

TCB

Willie Sutton
July 21, 2014, 02:02 AM
^^ This. It's... well..... <sigh>...

Willie

Big Shrek
July 31, 2014, 12:57 AM
Yes, I got that, the Erma wasn't considered to be topping anyone's Defensive Carry list...
but, I think it'd be a nice item to have along to fill in the gap vs possum/other critters
that I'd hate to waste a .45acp on...given the price of .45 these days...

If you don't carry it around, you can't use it when opportunity presents itself.

And while I'll hopefully never have to use my .45 defensively, it rides in Primary carry mode,
and chances are fairly high I'll pop another critter with it when the need arises...
but I'd rather use something a little less expensive to reload ;)

The Erma isn't taking the place of my EDC, just supplementing...BUG-style...
also much easier to carry around in a pocket than a critter rifle...
hence the need for a decent pocket holster...
given its reliability thusfar at the range, I'd give it the same trust as a Walther PPK.
Chances are it'll hiccup sooner or later, much as the PPK was wont to ;)

Surely SOMEONE has had an Erma .32, and used it in some sort of holster??

If you enjoyed reading about ".32acp Erma Luger" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!