Boondock Saints Question

PDA

NewShooter78
February 6, 2003, 12:35 AM
I just bought this after going through the cool gun movies thread. Got it yesterday for 8.99 at Best Buy. I liked it a lot, and was wondering something. Someone posted there is going to be a second one? Anyone with any info on this? I didn't even know about the first one it to begin with.

If you enjoyed reading about "Boondock Saints Question" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Lightsped
February 6, 2003, 12:46 AM
I saw it for 9 bucks too. I was gonna get it, but was skeptical about how good th DVD is for only 9 bucks.

What is this movie about? Pros? Cons?

Drjones
February 6, 2003, 01:02 AM
Lightsped:

GET IT.

It is one of my all-time favorites, and not because of the guns. (Though they do use Berettas; my favorite! :D )

It is a great movie with a wonderful message; something for you to think about.

Plus, it's filled with more quotable lines and passages than I know what to do with!!!

Oh, and YES, they are coming out with a sequel. I recall seeing a webpage all about it a while ago.

Do an internet search.

:D

Parke1
February 6, 2003, 01:03 AM
Yes, that's right, there is going to be a second Boondock Saints movie. Info about the upcoming sequel, as well as the original movie, can be found at the Official Boondock Saints website. (http://www.theboondocksaints.com)
(CAUTION: Turn your speakers down before visiting the site, or you will be blasted with Irish music :) )

The plot of the movie is hard to describe without making it sound cheesy, but it involves two brothers receiving a message from God to rid their town (Boston) of evil men, such as mafia members, druggies, etc etc. Lots of good gun play (although not of the Heat quality), and some excellent humor.

For $10, the DVD is an absolutely excellent buy. Pick it up and give it a try.

-Parke1

BamBam-31
February 6, 2003, 01:32 AM
Testify, testify!!:D

Even if it were $19.99, Boondock Saints is a must have. At $9.00, it's an absolute steal. Buy it, watch it, and spread the word.

Hallelujah!! ;)

bastiat
February 6, 2003, 01:34 AM
My wife just came home a couple days ago with this DVD from Target - $8!. Put it in the DVD during a break tonight and watched it again. Very cool flick. (although the 'fat' russian mobster with the very thin face always seems odd to me).

snorlax
February 6, 2003, 02:09 AM
WOOHOO! Most of the people I ask say "Boondock who?". It's good to see that other people enjoyed this movie as much as I have. BTW, this is my first posting here. I came here from Glocktalk because I got banned :banghead: Anyways, I cant wait until the second Boondock comes out.

BigG
February 6, 2003, 04:53 AM
I'm strangely comfortable with that.

I have a review on my website. Check my homepage if you're interested and do a search.

jmbg29
February 6, 2003, 05:56 AM
[Baastun accent]Wicked, wicked good![/Baastun accent]

People that live east of the Connecticut river are the traditional enemy of my people. I never thought that I could like a movie about Baastun (sheeple capitol of the planet Earth) as much as I liked this one!:evil: :cool: :evil: :p

NewShooter78
February 6, 2003, 10:36 AM
The only reason I bought it was because of all of you guys talking about this movie in other threads. I have to admit that I was very surprised by how much I liked it. And it is a bargin at 9 bucks because unlike some cheap DVD's it actually has a special features section with outtakes and deleted scenes. I have to say that the ending is not what I expected either. And Willam Defoe's character! What a crazy mixture in one package. :D

Owen
February 6, 2003, 12:01 PM
Aaaw, c'mon, except for the gun stuff, Boston is a great city!! Great museums, great libraries, great cultural events, MIT, extemely low crime for a large city,

The down side, ZERO parking

jmbg29
February 6, 2003, 02:45 PM
As "Triumph The Insult Comic Dog" would say:

"Boston is a great city!! FOR ME TO POOP ON!" :evil:;) :p :neener:

thumbtack
February 6, 2003, 02:58 PM
I saw and I don't remember it being all that good. I guess I should watch it again to refresh my memory.

meathammer
February 6, 2003, 03:17 PM
I'm glad someone mentioned this movie. I rented it awhile back and really enjoyed it. Probably will be the next Dvd I buy.

dev_null
February 6, 2003, 03:27 PM
I got about 10 minutes into it and just couldn't stand one more bad cliche'. I thought at first it was a parody, along the lines of Naked Gun or Spinal Tap, but then it appeared they were serious. Donated it to the thrift shop. Quite possibly the worst thing I've seen all year, but it's early days yet. :rolleyes:

-0-

bogie
February 6, 2003, 03:29 PM
Look at the bright side.

It ain't in French.

Kodiak, I _did_ kinda groove on those percussion pieces...

Frohickey
February 6, 2003, 05:41 PM
Connor: "You know what we need man?_ We need some rope."

:D

Too bad the two actors playing the brothers in the movie are part of the group of Hollyweird actors that signed the No War against Iraq petition. :mad:

Kharn
February 6, 2003, 06:02 PM
I thought the phone call from their Mom (deleted scene) was damn funny, but obviously wouldnt have fit in with the rest of the movie if they had kept it in.

I highly recommend the movie.

Kharn

Frohickey
February 6, 2003, 07:02 PM
Rule of wrist! :)

scottgun
February 6, 2003, 07:29 PM
Two thumbs up! Good movie.

Favorite line:
The Russians (mobsters) will shoot you just to see if their gun is loaded!

MarineTech
February 6, 2003, 07:43 PM
So let me get this straight.... We got a huge guy theory, and we got a serial crusher theory.

My favorite scene was when they were setting up to raid the nudie parlor and they got into the conversation about Rocco looking like Mushmouth.

And there's always the classic line: "I'LL TIP HER!!"

Average Guy
February 6, 2003, 07:48 PM
I've been meaning to see this movie; now I'm convinced. I'll grab it with a couple of other bargain flicks I've been meaning to buy: Strange Days and Excalibur.

I wonder whether Target or Best Buy will notice this little blip in sales?

wun_8_seven
February 6, 2003, 08:06 PM
i was gonna watch it but, i got serial crushed by a huge friggin guy! 187

jmbg29
February 6, 2003, 08:09 PM
My favorite scene was when they were setting up to raid the nudie parlor and they got into the conversation about Rocco looking like Mushmouth.Oh-be Kay-be! :evil:

Lightsped
February 6, 2003, 10:09 PM
I bought the Boondock Saints DVD tonight. Haven't had a chance to watch it though....

BamBam-31
February 7, 2003, 01:08 AM
Agreed about the mom deleted scene. It was classic. :D :D

I hate to say it, but me and a couple of my buddies slo-mo the cat scene over and over. Man, ROTFLMAO!!!

I gotta memorize that prayer!

Parke1
February 7, 2003, 02:14 AM
Just in case any of you night owls are up, I just noticed that The Boondock Saints is on USA right now. It started at 2am, but knowing USA, it'll be replaying a thousand times in the next week or two...

What a coincidence...

-Parke1

Phyphor
February 7, 2003, 04:10 AM
YES. This movie ROCKS.

The cat scene was sad, but educational in a sense...they were all drunk/drugged up and weren't responsible with their weapons, so a ND occured and an innocent cat got waxed.

If you like that movie, then you might also like Reservoir Dogs, another good 'gun' movie, although the characters aren't quite as..... well, 'good' as the Boondock Saints.

Drjones
February 7, 2003, 04:13 AM
Phyphor:

Sad?

You don't know many cats, do you?:evil: :evil: :evil:

Benjamin
February 7, 2003, 01:42 PM
"Our mother insisted on it" ;)

It's a vigilante movie, done right. They don't snag any innocents.

LiquidTension
February 8, 2003, 01:16 AM
Best lines of the movie:

"Is it dead?"
and
"We could kill...everyone!"

This is definitely one of the best movies I've seen in recent memory. I saw it once and ran out to buy it :) Lots of good tips for anyone of the vigilante mindset...not that I know anyone like that, of course.

Anybody that hasn't seen it, just go buy it. Renting it would cost $4 or so, and you can buy it for $8. You'll want to watch it at least five times, so it makes fiscal sense!

- LT

bastiat
February 8, 2003, 02:09 AM
Too bad the two actors playing the brothers in the movie are part of the group of Hollyweird actors that signed the No War against Iraq petition.
I just check the 'Not in our name' petition and didn't see either of them, or willem dafoe. Is that the list you're talking about?

bastiat
February 8, 2003, 02:13 AM
Okay, I just saw the Iraq petition. Norman Reedus isn't on there from what I could tell, but the brother obsessed with rope is.

Phyphor
February 8, 2003, 04:01 AM
DrJones, naw, I have a couple of cats around, and it WAS kinda sad to see that cat catch a bullet accidently (Yea, I know it was a movie,)

Now, if the cat would have been attacking one of them, I'd call it a good shoot. :evil: :D

Arkady
February 8, 2003, 07:10 PM
Excellent movie :)

BamBam... here ya go:

"And shepherds we shall be, for thee my Lord for thee, Power hath descended forth from thy hand, that our feet may swiftly carry out thy command, we shall flow a river forth to thee, and teeming with souls shall it ever be. In nomine patrie, et fili et spiritu sancti."

Dr.Rob
February 9, 2003, 06:34 PM
Well I just saw it on cable and I have to say.. for all the hooplah its generated here its a pretty lame film, full of Hollywierd gunplay and BAD ideas.

"hey Seamus, let's take over a courtroom and threaten the judge with our guns.. that will get him over to our cause" Yeah right. Everyone knows the best vigilantes hide from public scrutiny.. right, Batman?

"hey Seamus as long as we are shooting gangsters it's ok to get our guns from terrorists, right?" I'm thinking Uncle Sam would disagree. The boodock saints would be chilling their heels in Gitmo awaiting trial by military tribunal.

"hey doesn't willem Dafoe look convincing in drag?" Not even close, and moreover what the HECK were the writers thinking? Rather than convolute the script by having the sympathetic cop be a gay man, why not a lady cop? Why is this scene even in the film at all?

"Hmmm doesn't our boss (Dafoe) seem kinda.. on edge?" yeah, I'm thinking Dafoe would have been on a medical evaluation for as crazy as he was acting. Rubber gun squad here we come.

"Hmm.. doesn't Billy Connely look sort of dangerous and evil?" Yeah actually, he sort of did, until they dropped the Tweety-Bird giant cage with no bottom on him. All ya gotta do is lift it off of ya.

"Hey I know Tarantino is all the rage, let's make it better with ***-backwards edits" Ok, ONE flash back is cool.. 6 zillion of them is stupid and the MOST important flashback (them getting CAUGHT) is never shown.

:banghead: :cuss: :scrutiny:

And BESIDES that Darrel wore the funny hat NOT Mushmouth!

:fire:

If you enjoyed reading about "Boondock Saints Question" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!