7N6, is it just coming from somewhere else?

PDA

Comrade Mike
July 30, 2014, 03:22 PM
There seems to be no shortage of 7N6 online. Are we just moving old supply or is it trickling it's way in somehow?

If you enjoyed reading about "7N6, is it just coming from somewhere else?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
ArchAngelCD
July 30, 2014, 03:52 PM
Maybe they decided the soft steel core of 7N6 ammo doesn't meet the armor piercing standard.

Cooldill
July 30, 2014, 03:59 PM
I'm not sure, but the price has shot up significantly. It is now every bit as expensive or more so than 7.62x39mm. My guess is many companies are moving old stock or perhaps it's coming in from the Ukraine or something?

Alas, while I was once really interested in getting a 5.45 AK and LOVED shooting my friends AK-74, but if it's now just as expensive as 7.62x39mm I think I'd rather have the 7.62 gun. Just a more capable round at the shorter distances much more likely in a defensive scenario vs 5.45 which has a longer, flatter range and weighs less but I don't see that being a big asset for my rifle/carbine needs. I'd rather take the increased hitting power of the .30 cal round for the same money per cartridge.

kerreckt
July 30, 2014, 07:47 PM
I think the 7N6 is stock already on hand in most cases. Seller trying to make a nice profit. Nothing wrong with that. The buyer decides. My two cents.

If you enjoyed reading about "7N6, is it just coming from somewhere else?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!