I found some members of the GAF to shoot with locally

PDA

elhombreconnonombre
July 31, 2014, 11:18 PM
I have been invited to shoot at a Grand Army of the Frontier shoot (1 sidearm (cartridge or bp) and 1 cartridge single shot rifle / repeating rifle), etc. this Sat, 8/2/14 at the Plum Creek Shooting Society SASS range near Lockhart, Tx. Should be fun. I'll take some pics.

If you enjoyed reading about "I found some members of the GAF to shoot with locally" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
BHP FAN
August 1, 2014, 01:44 AM
good excuse to dust off the old Trapdoor!

elhombreconnonombre
August 1, 2014, 02:01 AM
I would if I had one...looking now for a Sharps carbine to use with my 1858s and post ACW Texas Ranger Frontier Battalion Impression or Franco Prussian War impression and/or Martini Henry Carbine to use with my Colts with my Zulu War period Durnford Natal Native Horse officer/Boer mounted volunteers impression or 1st Boer War Boer commando impression.

Jerryi
August 1, 2014, 03:17 AM
Recently purchased for investment a Model 1879 made in 1880 Springfield Trapdoor carbine sn: 125579 in excellent condition. Wondering if members of the SASS would be interested in a rifle like mine or is that just not part of their arsenal?

BHP FAN
August 1, 2014, 03:42 AM
A lot of local clubs have side matches just for single shot cartridge rifles.

elhombreconnonombre
August 1, 2014, 03:47 AM
SASS and NCOWS use lever repeaters as opposed to single shot cartridge guns in the main matches with ss rifles in side matches as noted. Trapdoors would be a match for a GAF Indian War US Army shooting impression/shoots.

If you enjoyed reading about "I found some members of the GAF to shoot with locally" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!