For those who have R. L. Wilson's book on Ruger

PDA

4v50 Gary
August 2, 2014, 03:22 PM
Look at the single shot muzzle loading target rifle on the back cover. It's the one on the very far right. Looks conventional with a grip and trigger where you'd expect it to be, but on the forearm is a foregrip with its own trigger and trigger guard. :confused: What's going on here? I'd like it explained.

If you enjoyed reading about "For those who have R. L. Wilson's book on Ruger" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Old Fuff
August 2, 2014, 04:00 PM
Went and looked, and I think it's a shadow. Maybe the photographer has a light somewhere to the left/front. Given the length of the gun rack and semi-darkness in the room I can see where interior lights could cause a problem.

4v50 Gary
August 2, 2014, 04:14 PM
It's no shadow. The shadow on the fore grip does make it look longer if you don't scrutinize the image. Same image is on page 314. Because it is not on the cover, there's no fold in the image to fool the eye.

J-Bar
August 2, 2014, 08:44 PM
I admire your attention to detail!

Not only does that gun appear to have a pistol grip and trigger and trigger guard out on the forend, but it looks like it has two front sights also. Maybe it is actually a double barreled thingamabob? A 19th century street sweeper??

The lower part of the buttstock has a weird contour also, very concave.

If you can identify it, I hope you will share the information on it.

If you enjoyed reading about "For those who have R. L. Wilson's book on Ruger" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!