Walker dissasembly

PDA

tam0281
August 3, 2014, 09:54 PM
looking for disassembly instructions for uberti walker

If you enjoyed reading about "Walker dissasembly" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
robhof
August 3, 2014, 11:58 PM
All Colt open tops are close enough that you can use any as a guide for the Walker. I had a 1849 pocket that I had to take apart several times to work out bugs/problems, so when I got my Walker, it was a snap, single actions are pretty simple and no parts that go spring into oblivion as with double actions or autos.
:evil:

rcmodel
August 4, 2014, 12:26 AM
For that matter, all Colts and clones are close enough that if you seen the insides of one, you have pretty much seen them all.

About any instructions for any model Colt will do if your pencil is halfway sharp on the end.

If it isn't, you probably shouldn't take it apart anyway!

rc

FreddyKruger
August 4, 2014, 12:31 AM
I like VTI Gunparts website because of the exploded view they have to show parts.

http://www.vtigunparts.com/store/shopdisplayproducts.asp?id=8&cat=Uberti+1847+Walker

Schofield3
August 4, 2014, 12:34 AM
http://www.uberti.com/1847-walker-revolver
Uberti has a little pdf manual at the bottom of this web page also -

Hellgate
August 4, 2014, 05:24 PM
The Walker has a weird shaped mainspring that needs to be clamped to assist breakdown and reassembly.

mykeal
August 4, 2014, 06:13 PM
As Hellgate says, the Walker has one oddity compared with other Colt cap and ball revolvers - the mainspring in the grip frame. It needs to be clamped down before you remove the grip frame screws. I use a stout plastic wire tie to prevent marring the grip frame.

Hellgate
August 4, 2014, 06:24 PM
I use padded vise grips.

45 Dragoon
August 4, 2014, 10:08 PM
That main spring is found in Whitney Dragoons and most 1st Mod. Dragoons. I lighten them enough ( to get a 4 lb. hammer draw) to take them out with no tools.

If you enjoyed reading about "Walker dissasembly" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!