Hollywood's brewing up one for us...

PDA

swingset
February 6, 2003, 03:53 AM
Been reading about the upcoming movie "The Runaway Jury", wondering how this one will play out...

Premise: Set in New Orleans, this is the story of a mysterious man, Nick Easter (Cusack) gets himself not only on the jury of a landmark case against a gun manufacturer, but as the foreman, in an attempt to influence the other jury members to vote a certain way (in partnership with his girlfriend, Marlee, played by Weisz, who tries to swindle the attorneys outside the jury). The case involves the widow of a man killed in an office shooting suing the gun manufacturer of the weapon that was used, under the claim that they knew the store that sold it was not obeying the laws about firearm sales. (Hoffman plays the plaintiff's lawyer; Hackman plays the cunning advisor to the gun company's lawyer; Searcy plays Hackman's assistant).

Interesting because the book this was based on (John Grisham's novel) was about suing the tobacco industry, but apparently since guns are the hot-litigation topic dujour, someone decided it was more topical to show the lawsuit of a gun manufacturer. I have my fingers crossed it will stink and die a quick death, but I'm not banking on it. It's been through everyone's hands in Hollywood, different directors and stars, so that immediately raises red flags - it's probably going to stink.

If you enjoyed reading about "Hollywood's brewing up one for us..." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
hondo68
February 6, 2003, 04:08 AM
I thought McDonalds was the latest target? Maybe the defense liar can prove the guy died of a heart attack when he realized that he was about to be shot.
:neener:

Kahr carrier
February 6, 2003, 06:40 AM
Oh great Hollywood at it again.:cuss: :banghead: :fire:

jmbg29
February 6, 2003, 07:10 AM
New movie comes out, no reason for me to see it. Couple more come out, no reason to see them, next thing I know I get a new gun, or a bayonet, or some ammo....this is better than having a Christmas account.:D :D :D

I loves my K-31 bayonet w/original frog! Thank you Hollyweird!!!! :evil: :neener:

If you enjoyed reading about "Hollywood's brewing up one for us..." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!