Sharpshooter competition trigger.

PDA

ldlfh7
August 16, 2014, 06:43 PM
Recently installed the competition trigger from sharpshooter supply. All went well but now I cannot insert the bolt. The bolt release button on my savage model 11 cannot be pushed low enough to allow the bolt to be inserted before it hits the sear and stops. Any idea what I did wrong?

If you enjoyed reading about "Sharpshooter competition trigger." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
ldlfh7
August 17, 2014, 04:05 PM
Problem fixed.
Please remove thread.

BBBBill
August 17, 2014, 04:49 PM
What did you find?

ldlfh7
August 18, 2014, 09:24 AM
I reviewed the install instructions and it appeared I had done everything correctly however the trigger sear would not reset far enough to allow the bolt to be put back in. After frustration I took the trigger off and put the bolt into the action. Then I put the trigger assembly back on and like magic the sear was engaging as it should. Not sure why it would not before but all is well now.

If you enjoyed reading about "Sharpshooter competition trigger." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!