$250 gift card to spend at bass pro what trail cam to get

PDA

futurerider103
August 21, 2014, 02:55 PM
I don't want to spend a dime more just want to use up the card what do you recommend?
It must take night time pics as well.

If you enjoyed reading about "$250 gift card to spend at bass pro what trail cam to get" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
bison
August 21, 2014, 09:14 PM
I'd buy two of the Moultrie M-880's ($130 each). If you just wanted one, probably a Bushnell Trophy Cam.

I have both and like them about equally. Both have great battery life on 8 AA's (thousands of pictures and months of use), and the small form factor is nice. I think the M-880 has a security feature that requires a code to use it so it's useless if stolen, a nice feature.

BigBore44
August 22, 2014, 01:57 AM
Spypoint or believe it or not, Browning make a great trail camera too. Can only attest to their pictures on the Browning though. Not the battery's life. My Spypoint IR6 and 7 are still on the same set of batteries after 2 years and tons of pics and videos.

futurerider103
August 22, 2014, 08:02 AM
I was looking at the Spypoint IR7. How does it compare to the Cuddeback e3

BigBore44
August 27, 2014, 04:38 AM
The Spypoint IR-7 (for me) has been a great camera. Fast trigger speed, clear pictures in day or night. ZERO whiteout shots. And good clear sound on the videos. God help you if there is a cricket by the camera though.

I have not personally owned a Cuddeback. I read a LOT of bad reviews online on other forums. And it really turned me off. I never listen to "what the pros say" on TV because they will say whatever the sponser tells them too. So I read, and read, and read some more. Chose the Spypoint and couldn't be happier. Ymmv of course. I have heard the two best cameras Spypoint ever made were the IR-6 and IR-7. The newer cameras don't get near the praise of those two.

If you enjoyed reading about "$250 gift card to spend at bass pro what trail cam to get" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!