Film Review: Brotherhood of the Wolf

PDA

bogie
February 6, 2003, 11:39 AM
Strike 1) It's from France.

Strike 2) It's in French.

But hey, it's got subtitles, and it's dubbed in English. Sorry, and I generally prefer the original language and the subtitles, but sheesh, I just can't listen to that language.

Set about 25-30 years prior to the french revolution - Has lots of kewl muzzleloaders. Not a lot of smoke tho - I guess they were using pyrodex... Plenty of swords, tomahawks, etc. - Some superbly choreographed hand-to-hand - Strangely this is almost a martial arts movie.

Overall, I liked it.

If you enjoyed reading about "Film Review: Brotherhood of the Wolf" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Chris Rhines
February 6, 2003, 11:54 AM
It was okay. I had to watch it in the original French, the English dubbing was awful. Seriously, I've seen better dubbing in pre-John Woo Cantonese action flicks.

The fighting was silly but well-executed, the set design was great, the plot...well, the plot mainly filled in the gaps between action sequences. Which is not always a bad thing, now.

Three out of five.

- Chris

George Hill
February 6, 2003, 01:13 PM
Brotherhood of the Wolf?

1. The movie sucked.
2. The action stuff has all been done before and with better creativity.
3. The Story it's self was poor. The acting... I dont know. It was originally in French, so I can't honestly rate that... but the story was pathetic.
4. The BEAST - A wolf in armor. Yippie.
5. The direction and photography was laughable. Bad cuts and camera shakes... horrible.
6. Since when are the French and American Indians SHAOLIN MONKS?

On a whole this film was a vomitous mass of French phlegm. Pethetic at best.

That and this thread is just about as Off Topic as you can get.

TarpleyG
February 6, 2003, 01:19 PM
Careful or you'll offend some French people and we'll have to shut down the whole site!!!(well maybe just this section):evil:

George Hill
February 6, 2003, 01:26 PM
Really?

OT.

Locked.

If you enjoyed reading about "Film Review: Brotherhood of the Wolf" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!