Vortex Scope

PDA

greyghost01
September 26, 2014, 06:37 PM
Im considering a 6.5-20x50 Vortex scope anybody have one, The BDC is the one Im considering. Putting it on a SIG 716 DMR
Any info or advise on this scope welcome Thanks

If you enjoyed reading about "Vortex Scope" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
greyling22
September 26, 2014, 10:17 PM
Which one? Viper, razor, crossfire?

But generally speaking, vortex makes a lot of scope for their price point, and their warranty and CS is great.

greyghost01
September 26, 2014, 11:36 PM
The viper in BDC is what I was looking at

greyling22
September 27, 2014, 12:44 AM
I had a viper for a while. I kind of regret selling it. It was better than my grand slam, my FF2, of my sightron s1. a 50mm scope is rather huge though. I have one and wish it was a 40mm instead, but that may just be me.

cameraland has a demo version of the scope you want for 399. http://www.cameralandny.com/optics/vortex.pl?page=vortexviper6-20x50 I have used than before and they are solid.

CB900F
September 27, 2014, 02:19 PM
Fella's;

I tried the BDC reticle and promptly sold it. To my mind, the mil-dot reticle offers more information in a wider variety of situations. I have no problems whatsoever with Vortex optics though. I note that they're on sale at this time and are offering some pretty good deals. Do keep in mind that the company sponsored sales are usually followed by discontinuing the product and something new being offered. And that can be a two-edged sword. On the one hand, the new thing may be a substantial improvement and well worth the cost. Then you say: Oh, I wish I'd have waited. On t'other hand, it may be merely a change to lower production costs, ie. moving to the Philippines or China, in which case buy now. You can bet the marketing department won't tell you which situation applies.

900F

gamestalker
September 29, 2014, 07:50 PM
No more Vortex for me! I gave them a fair shot, nothing but problems, so it's back to my trouble free, life long relationship with Leupold.

GS

Seabeeken
October 1, 2014, 11:08 PM
I have 2 of the viper PST and I really like them. They are equipped with the illuminated MOA reticle and they work great. I have heard people say they are made in America but both of mine say Philippines on the underside of the scope. No issues at all with either one and they have a lifetime guarantee. They also track very well

loose noose
October 4, 2014, 10:52 AM
I do like the BDC reticle on my Vortex Crossfire, which is a much less expensive scope , however the optic are as clear as my older Weaver, and my Leopold plus I can adjust very easily for the different ranges using my range finder and the BDC reticle.

nuccx2001
October 5, 2014, 08:58 AM
I Recently purchased the Viper PST 1-4 and so, far I am very pleased.

I6turbo
October 5, 2014, 01:29 PM
The only Vortex I have is the Viper 6.5-20x44. It has a quality feel, I like the optics a lot, I like the side focus, and I would not hesitate in the least to try another Vortex.

If you enjoyed reading about "Vortex Scope" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!