Been Absent

PDA

sm
February 6, 2003, 01:42 PM
I have been absent, thought to no fault of my own. I apologize to those whom have tried to contact me--and didn't receive an reply.

I changed Colleges and direction of study. My laptop crashed, I lost EVERTHING--IBM total turn around time to fix at n/c less than 4 days. Then my ISP Server crashed...so I spend a lot of time at school using theirs...then their Internet Server crashed...So I couldn't check e-mail or get online to check in with THR. So <fingers crossed> I'm back, up and running again. I do check email regular --syllabi, project notes...etc.

Gun Related:

It snowed last night/early this morning. I had to have a break so I went out and shot in the snow this morning. Ahh the smell of gunpowder from a CCW blasting snowballs sure clears one's mind.

So I guess someone will ask / post a poll on the best loads and platform for "snowballs" huh? :D

If you enjoyed reading about "Been Absent" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Schuey2002
February 6, 2003, 01:55 PM
Welcome back, Steve.:D

10-Ring
February 6, 2003, 03:00 PM
Better late than never, welcome back!

chaim
February 6, 2003, 03:07 PM
So I guess someone will ask / post a poll on the best loads and platform for "snowballs" huh? I'm dying to know then- what is the best load and platform for snowballs?:neener: I guess a .22lr would be sufficient but due to the water you'd probably want something in stainless.:evil:

Good to have you back.

Ol' Badger
February 6, 2003, 03:17 PM
I shot a Snowman once. He just came apart. I then used a Samuri sword on him! Now that was fun.:D

sm
February 6, 2003, 03:20 PM
Umm actually new College is actually only 10 min from private range. (I'm no dummy, I know the criteria for choosing a College :p )

My CCW this am was a P-11 with Win Silvertips, SXT's, Golden Sabers, and some FMJ reloads. All performed flawlessly on snowballs.

Tip: I cheated-- I used a tarp to keep track of brass...I ran through about 250 rds...gathered tarp and most brass contained.

( it ain't cheating if it works--its ingenuity)

tomkatz
February 6, 2003, 03:25 PM
best explode a snowman load? 12 guage 00, yeah I did it once, it was cool :cool: ....tom

coonan357
February 6, 2003, 05:16 PM
nice seeing you back 73' , aren't computers fun when you get addicted??:D

sm
February 6, 2003, 05:54 PM
quote:
..."aren't computers fun when you get addicted??"

Actually...I put these "new fangled , danged things" off...Then I walk into class as a older returning student. Uh oh ..."syllabus is a this web addy"...walk into library and the card catalog was replaced by a bank of pc's...ok...time to catch up.

Figured I'd learn and turn the tables on this technology stuff. Admit though word processing a bunch easier...anyone wanna buy some correct type?

Then again for a bit here lately the thought of "which load for a Thinkpad" thread did cross my mind...arrrgg couldn't post it...but the test still was a serious consideration.;)

Mini Snowmen are also great targets...you know aim small- miss small ? Build about a 10" snowman...Mozambique drills a hoot!!

El Tejon
February 6, 2003, 07:10 PM
Careful now! Didn't a guy in Ol' Kentuc shoot himself in a quick draw contest with a snowman?

sm
February 6, 2003, 07:29 PM
Careful...always. Safety # 1 here El Tejon.

Kentucky... beautiful state, enjoyed my drove through there last fall.
I'm in AR...you know where one has to be leary of a Mother-in-Law popping the SIL at unheard of ranges with a 22lr of the top of a shed--and 90 y/o olds use canes to keep the BG's at bay...;)

coonan357
February 6, 2003, 08:05 PM
I do have a recommendation for a load that I used on my last laptop that smoked last nov (2001) 230gr corbon , boy tat thing danced! :uhoh: :uhoh: :rolleyes:

sm
February 6, 2003, 08:16 PM
Actually have a date with a .50 Browning I haven't cashed in on yet...but again I do believe in using enough gun...my thoughts ran toward that direction...:D

labgrade
February 6, 2003, 09:25 PM
Personally, I've missed your input.

Hope you're back.

AA

PATH
February 7, 2003, 01:05 AM
re1973,

Good to see you back!:)

If you enjoyed reading about "Been Absent" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!