Why is THR advertising for Wendy Davis?

PDA

Matt Dillon
October 28, 2014, 02:14 PM
Why is THR supporting Wendy Davis in ads?

If you enjoyed reading about "Why is THR advertising for Wendy Davis?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
bikerdoc
October 28, 2014, 02:19 PM
Can someone capture it and send it to Derek so he can kill it. It probably came from the block we sell to an agency- they know better and will get a butt chewing.

Matt Dillon
October 28, 2014, 02:25 PM
I have seen it several times this week. If I see it again, I will do my best to grab a screen shot for you.

Matt Dillon
October 28, 2014, 02:27 PM
It is up again, and I have a screen capture of it. How do I send it to Derek?

bikerdoc
October 28, 2014, 02:43 PM
click on the below link and use contact info to pm him.

http://www.thehighroad.org/member.php?u=24

Derek Zeanah
October 28, 2014, 05:22 PM
Got it.

We need a vote. What's happening is Wendy Davis is advertising everywhere through AdWords to get her message out to potential voters. If you search "gun control" in web pages, we probably mention it a few times. So Wendy Davis is completely wasting the money she spends that gets routed through THR because one of her staffers wasn't terribly thorough in building the ad algorithm.

So should we continue to let her waste money here, or force her to advertise on other (probably more effective at reaching her target audience) sites?

I can go either way.

Let me know what you think. Don't look at it from a "how does THR benefit" perspective. Think about it from a resource-allocation one week from the election perspective...

Impureclient
October 28, 2014, 05:25 PM
"continue to let her waste money here"... sound good

hso
October 28, 2014, 05:47 PM
Depends how much money she's wasting here.

blarby
October 28, 2014, 06:49 PM
I'd say let her burn her money.

I don't pay the light bill.

With that said........

"THR" Non-withstanding, if I knew little, and logged into a pro firearms site- and saw her ads, I would be mighty confused. At her, the site, myself........

I don't know what the dollar valuation of confusion is :/

Fishing for votes here is kinda........ Ya. Those of us logged in here more than once a month probably know how we're voting by now. My only concern would be that straggler or web-surfer who stumbles about looking on the internet for where to cast their vote....

As I said, I don't pay the light bill. This is going to keep happening with adsense, not much you can do :/ If you want to do this every election cycle.... be my guest.

Sol
October 28, 2014, 07:21 PM
I say let the money pour out of her pockets.

Five minutes on this site and you can find pictures of scary 30 round magazines, evil machine guns and the recipes and personal manufacture of "cop killer" bullets.

I doubt anybody would be confused on what this site is about if they were looking at the content.

Then again the above statements may be a gross over-estimation of the intelligence and common sense of the general Internet public.

Steel Horse Rider
October 28, 2014, 07:48 PM
There are probably a few members here who are Davis supporters so why shut out one viewpoint, you don't ban them. (In my opinion there are plenty of members who at least partially agree with her viewpoints) Let her spend away, in a week it is all over anyway.....

If you enjoyed reading about "Why is THR advertising for Wendy Davis?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!