Ranges in No. Virginia?

PDA

Ol' Badger
February 6, 2003, 03:12 PM
How many ranges are there in No. Virginia (Near Fairfax Co.) Indoor/Outdoor? What would you judge to be the best? All suggestions welcome!
Thanks.

If you enjoyed reading about "Ranges in No. Virginia?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
MrAcheson
February 6, 2003, 03:19 PM
Isn't the NRAs own range in that area of virginia?

cookhj
February 6, 2003, 03:21 PM
fairfax rod and gun club is up in manassas. they have a big skeet/trap area, a 200 yd rifle range, a 100 yd rifle range, and a pistol range. i don't know what the dues are thought, but i think they have a waiting list.

dev_null
February 6, 2003, 03:24 PM
NRA is in Fairfax, right near Rt 50 and the mall. Good range, recommended.

Blue Ridge Arsenal is in Chantilly, off Rt. 50. Poor ventilation, dimly lit, many restrictions, bad attitude. I refuse to go there any more.

There are some outdoor ranges, but I'm not familiar with them, I'm afraid, including Bull Run and Izaak Walton.

-0-

BigG
February 6, 2003, 03:26 PM
Clark Bros in Warrenton. Great people and great outdoor range free to you if you buy your ammo there. At least it was 7 years ago when I left No. VA. HTH.

mtnbkr
February 6, 2003, 03:27 PM
Ranges I'm familiar with...

Outdoor: Clark Brothers in Warenton

Indoor: Blue Ridge Arsenal in Chantilly
Shooters Choice in Woodbridge
NRA Range in Fairfax

I don't know why anyone goes to any range but the NRA range. Compared to my experiences at the others, it's cheaper (Clark Bro is "free" but only if you buy something from them), better staffed, better lit, and attracts a better class of shooter (not always, but most of the time).

The FR&G club sounds nice, but they're way too expensive.

Chris

Leatherneck
February 6, 2003, 04:25 PM
Here's what I've compiled from all of the mails sent around by VCDL:
Fairfax County
- IWLA - Fairfax County Chapter ( Fairfax )
- NRA Headquarters ( Fairfax )
- Blue Ridge Arsenal ( Chantilly )
- Gilbert Small Arms Range ( Lorton )
- Bull Run Shooting Center - shotgun/archery ( Centreville )
- Annandale Small Arms Range ( Annandale
> > >
Loudoun County
- IWLA - Loudoun County Chapter ( Leesburg )
> > >
Prince William County
- Shooter's Paradise ( Woodbridge )
> > >
Stafford County
- The Range ( Fredericksburg )
> > >
Frederick County
- IWLA - Frederick County Chapter ( Winchester )
> > >
Fauquier County
- Clark Brothers ( Warrenton )
> > >
King George County
- Northern VA Gun Club ( King George )

TC
TFL Survivor

Guntalk
February 6, 2003, 05:43 PM
http://www.wheretoshoot.org/

It's a good place to start when looking for a place to shoot.

Catbird
February 6, 2003, 05:51 PM
THE RANGE

www.indoorrange.com

dev_null
February 6, 2003, 09:46 PM
http://theindoorrange.com/phpbb2/index.php

-0-

Ol' Badger
February 7, 2003, 08:13 AM
I only knew about Gilberts and Blue Ridge. I'll do some reasearch on the others.

trvlr905
February 7, 2003, 11:19 AM
Has anyone have the chance to shoot at Quantico's facilities? Always been curious about them.

alan
February 9, 2003, 04:43 PM
Possibly I'm, misunderstanding, but if one were interested in the National Match course or long range (rifle), spring, summer, fall, there is MCB Quantico. Very nice ranges.

I believe that there was also some IPSC competition being staged there too. The marines looked on, in curiousity, while the civilians ran around in circles.

The rifle ranges had been closed for a short time post Sept 11, but I've had it from MCB Quantico that they have reopened. Check them out this spring.

If you enjoyed reading about "Ranges in No. Virginia?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!