N.J. Shoot, Sunday April 25th...............

PDA

RAY WOODROW 3RD
April 14, 2004, 04:32 PM
NJCSD’S SPRINGTIME SHOOTOUT

Come one come all!

NJ Shoot, Sunday April 25th ........
Anybody else out there from NJ or the surrounding states want to play?

Meet interesting / like-minded individuals, shoot the breeze, shoot some targets, win some stuff and support the NJCSD.
(New Jersey Coalition for Self Defense)

NJCSD is hosting a shoot on Sunday April 25th. It will be held at the Buckeye Gun Club. MapQuest it for directions from your location:

501 Route 72
Barnegat, NJ
08005-1012, US

(Make a right at mile marker 14/5 if coming down Rt.72E)
OR
(Make a left at mile marker 14/5 if coming down Rt.72W)

Some of the events will be:

ROPE SHOOT (Shoot the rope in half, make the log drop.)

PIN SHOOT (Can you clear your pins before your opponents do?)

CLAY PIGEON SHOOT (Shoot the clays from the furthest distance.)

BULLSEYE SHOOT (Can you get the closest to the dot?)

..and other competitions.

$20.00 all you can eat. (This is a fund raising event)
$5.00 each event.

Sign in starts at 9:00am. Shooting starts at 10:00am.

Ask anyone who went to our past shoots about the fun and friendships made at this event. Bring at least four (4) boxes of whatever handgun ammo you are shooting.

Caution:

Transport firearms unloaded. Case them and ammo separately. Lock both if you can. Transport them in the trunk. No magazines that can hold over 15 rounds. Come directly to the range from your location. When leaving, go directly home. (Yea, Jersey law sucks. NJCSD will be working on it)

Go to www.njcsd.org AND CLICK ON “April’s Events” on the main page for any updates.

Contact me at vicepresident@njcsd.org if you are able to attend so I can get a good head count.

Any questions? Feel free to ask!

If you enjoyed reading about "N.J. Shoot, Sunday April 25th..............." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
David Park
April 15, 2004, 11:36 AM
I don't know if I'll make it this year, but I'll try.

RAY WOODROW 3RD
April 16, 2004, 06:10 PM
Hope you can David. If not, I will catch you around next time I'm sure.

The NJ police qual that we usually do at the end is being replaced by a scenerio of my own making MUUUHHHAAAAAAA! Only 12 rounds needed!

(YOU GUYS ARE GONNA LOVE IT!)

SodaPop
April 16, 2004, 06:11 PM
I need the practice.

I'll be there.

I can't stay all day, though.

RAY WOODROW 3RD
April 16, 2004, 06:13 PM
Bringing any of your herem with you? There will be 4 other women going that I personally know who have been waiting for this shoot.

SodaPop
April 16, 2004, 06:20 PM
Not sure if they are going to be able to come.

I have some life altering things going on with the lady.

They're in the works.

Can't say much more.........;)

RepublicanMan
April 17, 2004, 07:04 PM
If it's a boy you should name him Colt. :D

SodaPop
April 17, 2004, 07:35 PM
I'm debating on whether or not to bring my S&W 357 to the shoot. I've always used my Beretta 92FS but its getting boring. I think this will be my 4th time at the NJ gathering and its time for a change.

Woody, you aren't using that iron rope again, are you?

RAY WOODROW 3RD
April 17, 2004, 09:08 PM
Are you going to take a trip behind the iron curtain and come to a NJ event?

You will have a great time.

RepublicanMan
April 17, 2004, 11:46 PM
Ray....I was considering it.....alot depends on my schedule for the following day though, I won't know until close to the last minute.

Nathaniel Firethorn
April 18, 2004, 09:00 PM
To my surprise, I can come, though Mrs. Pdmoderator can't. I'll bring my dueling tree. (.22 only please... are .22s allowed at Buckeye? :D)

- pdmoderator

RAY WOODROW 3RD
April 18, 2004, 09:11 PM
You can bring it pd but for the shoot we are only using calibers of a self defense nature. I would say .380 on up. 22's would be too easy.

SodaPop
April 19, 2004, 12:03 AM
AUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGH!!

There goes my idea of saving a few bucks and bringing the Single Six. I was amazed at the fact the 22LR Sub sonic ammo I brought last time actually knocked down the bowling pins.

Can I bring my sling shot?

Nathaniel Firethorn
April 19, 2004, 02:54 PM
Soda:

Slingshots are fine, just no hollow-point rocks.

Followed by Abe Lincoln's choice of dueling weapons... cow cookies at two paces ;)

- pdmoderator

(P.S. Seriously, I'll bring the thing in case anyone wants to have a duel in the sun apart from the main event. But anything bigger than .22lr would tear it apart.)

RAY WOODROW 3RD
April 21, 2004, 06:24 PM
Nobody else? Come on guys. Help support those behind enemy lines!

:D

David Park
April 21, 2004, 07:17 PM
It looks like I'll have to catch you next time. Have fun without me!

SodaPop
April 21, 2004, 10:07 PM
I'm still debating on whether or not I'm going to have enough time to reload before the shoot.

Do we need to bring a holster for our guns?

AnklePocket
April 22, 2004, 07:32 AM
I'm gonna do my best. Always a great time.

FlyinGN
April 22, 2004, 11:25 AM
my wife may have to work and Im not bringing my son.. Won't know till friday..

RAY WOODROW 3RD
April 22, 2004, 04:36 PM
Bring holsters if you have them. No mexican style or miami cross draw shoulder holsters please.

David, catch you next time.

FlynGn, hope to see you there.

Where is the rest of the crew?

RAY WOODROW 3RD
April 23, 2004, 04:51 PM
Below are the "Definites" unless otherwise marked.

All others are more than welcomed to just walk-in on Sunday at 9:00am BUT it would be better for me to be notified so that the proper amount of food/targets/etc. could be provided.

Mr. Ektarr
Mrs. Ektarr
pdmoderator
rsabowski
Ray Woodrow 3rd
Mrs.Woody6
Daniel
Shannon
Suzanne
Scarlet
SodaPop
hap
Rovert
fidoman
grnzbra
Helen
Bill
FlynGn
R. Woodrow
Dot_mdb

If your not on the ABOVE list, you did not contact me and say you were attending. Answer up and let me know. I will not "assume" you are coming. You need to tell me.

Thank You,
Ray Woodrow 3rd

Highland Ranger
April 23, 2004, 04:52 PM
I didn't realize there were that many people in NJ that owned guns!

:D

RepublicanMan
April 23, 2004, 05:19 PM
We're not, some of us have passports. :D

Mr. Ray, I won't be able to make it.......thanks for the invite though.

RAY WOODROW 3RD
April 23, 2004, 10:59 PM
NJCSD SHOOT OUT
(This Sunday the 25th of April starting at 9:00am)

If everybody that has contacted me shows up, we will have set a record of 21! 6 women are coming, which is a record! The most that showed up previously was 2. One being my wife.

Here is where we sit as of 08:00 hours Saturday;

1) Mr. Ektarr
2) Ray Woodrow 3rd
3) pdmoderator
4) rsabowski
5) Mrs. Ektarr---------woman
6) Mrs.Woody6--------woman
7) Shannon-----------woman
8) Suzanne-----------woman
9) Scarlet-------------woman
10) Helen-------------woman
11) Daniel
12) hap
13) Rovert
14) fidoman
15) grnzbra
16) SodaPop
17) Bill
18) FlynGn
19) R. Woodrow
20) Dot_mbd
21) Quantrill
22) James Brown
23) ?????

Are you not #22? WE HAVE #22!
Are you not #23?

Come on, show up and have a great time! I am proud to see that women are finally stepping up to the plate and getting involved. You should too! Contact me at:
vicepresident@njcsd.org

Ray Woodrow 3rd

SodaPop
April 24, 2004, 12:08 AM
Just finished a box of 38 Special reloads and called it quits. I'll finish up another 200rds tomorrow night.

I'm gonna reload some hot loads for the rope shoot.

SodaPop
April 25, 2004, 04:39 PM
I had fun!!!

I got a good work out on my S&W model 19 for once.

Thanks to Ray for leading the pack!!

RAY WOODROW 3RD
April 26, 2004, 04:32 PM
I loved the 911 addition to the self defense shoot. Great idea Soda. Thanks to all that showed up. We had a total of 18 people participate with about 4 observers who just wanted to hang out.

I want to add more "Self Defense" senerios to the mix. If anybody has an idea of what they want to do, let me know and I wil see if it is applyable to the range at Buckeye. Everybody loved going through that part of the course.

NJCSD will have another shoot in September.........

I would like to have a shoot during the summer sometime to support the Buckeye Gun Club. We need a new roof put on in a bad way and I was figuring on holding a shoot on a Saturday during the summer to help fund the project. A cover cost of $20.00 would be required (no cost for each event held, BYO food) and we could do all of the "self defense" senerios we come up with.

Anybody interested?
Anybody willing to help out Buckeye?
Anybody want to suggest a time and date?

FlyinGN
April 26, 2004, 06:14 PM
what was the final outcome of the shoots Ray??? Who won what event??

RAY WOODROW 3RD
April 26, 2004, 09:27 PM
Here are the winners for the NJCSD springtime 2004 shootout:

1) rope/log shoot

Starting out at 20 yards with 6 rounds and 6 shooters on the line, shoot the rope to make the log drop. If it is not droped at 20 yards, reload, advance to 15 yards and repeat. Do this until you are 5 yards from the rope and continue in loads of 6 utill a log drops. Each winner of each heat will advance to the next stage until there is one winner. Rope is only 1/4 or 3/8 inch thistle rope with a log hanging freely and the rope moving.

.......and the winner is........grnzbra!

2) bowling pin shoot

Staying at 20 yards, 4 shooters with 6 rounds have 3 pins to clear. If not done in the first volley, reload, and repeat staying at the 20 yard line. Each winner of each heat will advance to the next stage until there is one winner.

.......and the winner is........dot_mbd!

3) clay shoot

Starting at 25 yards, Set up 4 clay pigeons attached to the back board at each of the 6 positions. Vary the clays in height on the board (not all in a neat line). Load with 6 rounds. If the clays are not cleared at 25 yards, reload, advance to 20 yards and repeat. Do this until you are 5 yards from the clays and continue in loads of 6 till all the clays are cleared. Each winner of each heat will advance to the next stage until there is one winner.

.......and the winner is........FlyinGN!

4) self defense shoot

This was a new one I made up.
Start with your pistol holstered at 3 yards facing a human form target with scoring rings. At the blow of the whistle, you are to pull from holster and fire 3 rounds from the "protected position" into the target and slowly retreat to cover that is 10 yards away walking backwards while dumping 3 more aimed shots into the target. Getting behind cover you are to reload, pull out your cell phone and pretend to call 911 and report a shooting with your location. Upon making the call you realize that you were hit in your dominant arm and it is useless. You must switch to your weak hand and shoot 6 more times into the target for a total of 12 rounds.

.......and the winner is........Ray Woodrow 3rd!

Thanks to all that showed up and participated in this event. For those of you who didn't, YOU MISSED A GREAT TIME!

Ray Woodrow 3rd
www.njcsd.org

If you enjoyed reading about "N.J. Shoot, Sunday April 25th..............." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!